Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Christine McVie rejoining Fleetwood Mac

Christine McVie rejoining Fleetwood Mac

How funny. There was a thread around here not long ago talking about how she's doing quite well without FM, thank you very much.

Christine McVie has rejoined Fleetwood Mac, according to Rolling Stone.

Drummer Mick Fleetwood reportedly told the audience Saturday at Uncle Willie K's BBQ Blues Fest in Maui, "This is the worst kept secret there is, but Christine McVie will be rejoining Fleetwood Mac."

According to Fleetwood Mac News, he made the announcement after Willie and Fleetwood played an acoustic version of McVie's "Rumours" track "Songbird." The band has yet to release the news formally.

Last year, McVie performed with the band for the first time in 15 years during two shows of the group's European tour. At the time, singer Stevie Nicks shrugged off the possibility of McVie's return. "I would say there's no more a chance of that happening than an asteroid hitting the earth," she said. "She is done."

Wrong.

McVie later told The Guardian, "If they were to ask me I would probably be very delighted ... but it hasn't happened so we'll have to wait and see." About the performance, she said "It was amazing, like I'd never left. I climbed back on there again and there they were, the same old faces on stage."
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

Excellent news. The best lineup of Fleetwood Mac will be complete once again!

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    IMO the best lineup included Peter Green.

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar
    Good news! I always liked Christine's voice.
    We're trying to build a monument to show that we were here
    It won't be visible through the air
    And there won't be any shade to cool the monument to prove that we were here. - Gene Parsons, 1973

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar

Prepare for a backlash my friend.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Banned
    Good news. The price of a Fleetwood Mac ticket just went up 200%.

You just can't resist, can you?
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

I'll take the Peter Green, Jeremy Spencer, Danny Kirwan and Bob Welsh incarnations over anything that involves the Arizona croaking toad.

OTOH, this incarnation just got much better with Christine back.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Banned
    Have I ever mentioned how much I miss the 70's?

Quote Originally Posted by emperorken View Post
    Plus Danny Kirwan!

Quote Originally Posted by emperorken View Post
    Oddly enough, I like both almost equally and they are both so diametrically different that they really should be two different entities with two different band names

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rapidfirerob View Post
    Plus Danny Kirwan!
    By chance, do you know which London bridge he is living in? Seriously people, can't we just be happy that Christine is back and not have the comments like "the croaking toad"? C'mon, Geez!! You should know better in your old age. Stevie did have a great voice long ago. Hopefully, this bunch can get together and crack out a new album.

Fleetwood Mac!!!

Do they still exist????!!!!!!
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

Personally I've always felt they'd suffered from her absence so it's good news. I believe there would be considerably more interest in a full new studio album now (I am aware of that EP, lest I be accused of being 'behind on my Fleetwood Mac news' again!)- it would be the first with this line-up since 'Tango In The Night', nearly 30 years ago now.

Quote Originally Posted by klothos View Post
    Oddly enough, I like both almost equally and they are both so diametrically different that they really should be two different entities with two different band names
    I think that's true. The Bob Welch era was somewhat transitional from one phase to another though.

Quote Originally Posted by Banquo View Post
    Have I ever mentioned how much I miss the 70's?

I dont miss seeing girls in the Playtex bra that "lift and seperate" into flatness I much prefer "lift, push those puppies together, and Great-Googly-Moogly!" bra of the modern-era

That is all

Quote Originally Posted by JIF View Post
    Seriously people, can't we just be happy that Christine is back and not have the comments like "the croaking toad"?
    Here?
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by JIF View Post
    C'mon, Geez!! You should know better in your old age. .
    "Should know better?" Should know better than what?

Why are you always so offended when someone insults a musician, JIF? Lighten up.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Paulrus View Post
    McVie later told The Guardian, "If they were to ask me I would probably be very delighted ... but it hasn't happened so we'll have to wait and see." About the performance, she said "It was amazing, like I'd never left. I climbed back on there again and there they were, the same old faces on stage."
    "Old faces" indeed.

Not meaning to derail, but did anyone catch Stevie Nicks on American Horror Story last week? Doesn't look bad for someone in her 60's (right)?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A gentleman is defined as someone who knows how to play the accordion, and doesn't.

Sorry Jordan, but a croaking toad is what it is no matter what the age is of the person who hears the croaking. Some folks enjoy the croaking. I don't.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Why are you always so offended when someone insults a musician, JIF? Lighten up.
    Haven't you realized that he's the self-appointed, thin-skinned PE Police with nothing better to do?
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    Not meaning to derail, but did anyone catch Stevie Nicks on American Horror Story last week? Doesn't look bad for someone in her 60's (right)?
    I saw Stevie in AHS last week. I thought she was creepier than Jessica Lange

Should be pretty cool, except for the ticket prices.

Who's the croaking toad, I don't get it?

All the Stevie hate

You guys should read the autobiography "Fleetwood" by Mick Fleetwood, if you haven't read it. It is a fascinating story about the band. One interesting facet of the book is how Stevie Nicks, even through her solo career, always wanted to keep the band together first and foremost. She's a very good songwriter and can play several instruments. You hater-guys should really lighten up on her

I've always thought Stevie Nicks was very talented. But I do feel that both Stevie Nicks and Lindsay Buckingham have very distinctive stylistic traits, of the kind that are hard to handle for a whole album...at least for me. Christine McVie was so important because she contributed some lighter material.