Thread: Daevid Allen - N'existe pas

Daevid Allen - N'existe pas

Overlooked Gem of a Record....Any Fans.....

I'm a big fan "Because of Barroom philosophers" is one of his greatest songs IMO

Love it, my first Daevid album some 35 years ago, although have not listened to it in quite sometime. Just may have to dig it out and give it a spin.

'Non God Will Not Go On" is my fave Daevid rant !!

Haven't really got into it. Much prefer 'Good Morning', 'Now is...' and 'About Time'.

Quote Originally Posted by tom unbound View Post
    'Non God Will Not Go On" is my fave Daevid rant !!
    With Chris Cutler on drums - I love that track

Quote Originally Posted by Homburg View Post
    Haven't really got into it. Much prefer 'Good Morning', 'Now is...' and 'About Time'.
    This one is a reflection of the final period at Deja - breaking up with Gilli Smyth alcohol etc etc
    Like the flip side of the sunny optimistic Good Morning', 'Now is...' and 'About Time
    Dark times

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Need to get this...

One of my favourites, like said above- darker than the usual hippy Daevid, but great nonetheless.
    another overlooked gem imho is "Dreaming a dream" -
    It is not from the "classic" years but still has some really fine tunes in it.

Quote Originally Posted by flytomars View Post
    One of my favourites, like said above- darker than the usual hippy Daevid, but great nonetheless.
    another overlooked gem imho is "Dreaming a dream" -
    It is not from the "classic" years but still has some really fine tunes in it.
    WORD

Quote Originally Posted by Udi Koomran View Post
    This one is a reflection of the final period at Deja - breaking up with Gilli Smyth alcohol etc etc
    Like the flip side of the sunny optimistic Good Morning', 'Now is...' and 'About Time
    Dark times
    I'll give it another listen. It must have good qualities if posters here rate it.

I wouldn't call About Time sunny, optimistic. The other two I love because they are that, in a thoughtful, spiritual sort of way. Oh please can hippy bliss have some small space in this world? If it was all about alcoholism and relationship strife really, do I want to know?

Quote Originally Posted by Homburg View Post
    I wouldn't call About Time sunny, optimistic. The other two I love because they are that, in a thoughtful, spiritual sort of way. Oh please can hippy bliss have some small space in this world? If it was all about alcoholism and relationship strife really, do I want to know?
    Sorry man I just didn't notice I pasted that one along
    I do love it (you should have seen my face when I saw the single in the summer of 79 jaw dropped to the floor ) but its an aquired taste for shure
    nevertheless it has a couple of really good songs much like each and every DA album in my opinion (but then I am a confessed Gong freak for a good part of 40 years...)

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Need to get this...
    Not as easy as I thought...

There are 2 wonderful albums Daevid made in the late 80's that I HIGHLY recommed to anyone who loves the Deya albums - Australia Aquaris ,She,

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Not as easy as I thought...
    It's even hard to find on YouTube....and that's unusual !!

(From the Gong site a few days ago) www.planetgong.co.uk
    76!

Happy Birthday Mr Allen
    [posted Mon 13 Jan]
    To-day, 13th January...Christopher David Allen is 76
    daevid allen is either 3 or 300 - opinion remains divided
    but...then again the divided alien remains, so that's all fine.

The physical being has reached his trombone-age (or wind driven, manually operated, pitch approximator as it known by the rest of the brass section).
    Although one aspect of his personalities has been known to 'post' none of his beings to date actually reads forums or social media pages - he probably wouldn't be who we think he is - if he did.

I am however happy to let you know on his behalf that he does have weather where he is, would really love you to come to his next concert and would be delighted if you found time to listened to his works - but that's all up to you ('cept the weather bit and if we got together we could probably do something about that). I can also assure you that he has really liked/hated something recently - but it wasn't on the net.

When I spoke to him this morning (the evening in Australia) convivial commemorations had commenced with continuing carousing until the wee small hours a certainty - the musical gathering sounded in full swing in Byron Bay. Oh yeh - Gilli is very cool as well.

Hopefully there will be many opportunities to see, hear, meet and experience daevid for real in 2014. If they come your way - don't ignore them - unlike so much that passes before our eyes, THEY will be memorable.

On this day next year he will entering his Sunset Strip-age.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Quote Originally Posted by Obscured View Post
    On this day next year he will entering his Sunset Strip-age.
    And the year after that, his shellac record-age.