Janel & Anthony at The SpaceBar
    Theifs at La Maison Francaise
    Dr Nerve at ProgDay

Mike

Santana - Best High Energy, 40 min of instrumentals from Shapeshifter
    Tangerine Dream - Best value, $40 for 3+hours of dream sequencing
    Joe Lovano/Dave Douglas - doing Coltrane

Blew it- Hiromi 3 times, Steven Wilson

I caught Three Friends six times, specific shows would be L'Assomption, Quebec City and Tel Aviv that seemed to stand out a bit better. Pucifer was musically intersting for 2/3rds and visually interesting. John Fogerty was a hits package well done. Mellencamp was a hits package, updated, with moral undertones. David Boxcar Gates in my backyard was a bluesy good time. Yardbirds and Northern Pikes were good nights. Faust I survived, and enjoyed some parts of them. Roger Waters The Wall wasn't to my liking, but stadium shows rarely are to me.
    Last edited by Ten Thumbs; 11-08-2012 at 05:59 AM.

I recently had the pleasure of seeing Trojan Horse, The Fierce and The Dead and Knifeworld play in Leeds (UK) all three bands were superb and to be honest a breath of fresh air.

Other highlights this year for me were The Flower Kings at Holmfirth and the wonderful Beardfish in Quebec.

Really looking forwards to seeing District 97 at Celebr8 next year.

Quote Originally Posted by cazz View Post

Blew it-
    Wow, huge blew it list for me including - Marillion, Gabriel, Waters, Flying Colors ...

pendragonman
    Pendragon at the Musician,Leicester were superb and The Flower Kings at Leamington Spa Assembly back in september were in blistering form.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HealthyNational View Post
    Wow, huge blew it list for me including - Marillion, Gabriel, Waters, Flying Colors ...
    Waters? All I've heard so far is rave reviews, what was wrong with it?
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Been to many concerts this year but the ones that blew me away in no particular order

District 97
    IZZ
    Insomnium
    Alestorm
    Nightwish
    Kamelot
    Tori Amos
    IQ
    Karmakanic

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Waters? All I've heard so far is rave reviews, what was wrong with it?
    No, no, no...meant blew it, as in missed these shows and am still kicking myself for not going. Thought that was the point of the op regarding this. If not, well, then I am!
    "I got an idea, an idea so smart my head would explode if I even began to know what I was talking about."
    - Peter Griffin ("Family Guy")

Haven't been to many shows this year, but I got to take my 10-year-old son to his first concert ever with Tangerine Dream. Just wish the place had been filled a bit more. But that same son's piano recital cost me a chance to see Marillion.

Peter Gabriel absolutely crushed it as far as I'm concerned, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    A brief one would be I give this tour an 8. It was one of the better Rush shows I have seen. I gave Time Machine a 9.5, it was my fave Rush show and I have seen many in the past 25+ years. The first setlist is great for a guy that grew up in the 80s, but lacked a lot of tunes that actually ROCK. Analog Kid and Subdivisions covered that the most. The second set was the best part I think. This is the first album in a couple decades from them I like from front to back so it was a pleasure to hear most of it live. There was nothing final about this show. I am sure they will be back for at least one last hurrah in the next year or two. If they can play close to the level they did Thursday they will be fine and I am sure they aren't going to lose it in the next year or two.
    I didn't see you at the concert Sean, but I agree with you. It was awesome indeed!

nice to see PE's upgrade the forum

Tops for me.

Aranis at Nearfest.
    MoeTar at the Orion
    Doctor Nerve at ProgDay

Ian Anderson-TAAB 1 and 2
    Asia-XXX Tour
    Grace Potter and the Nocturnals (Not prog, but wow!)
    Looking forward to Rush next week...can predict it would be on this list as well.

Rosfest- Karmakanic, Hasse Froberg and Musical Companion, Agents of Mercy, and Sanguine Hum
    Iron Maiden- with Alice Cooper- Newark New Jersey
    Buckcherry- Huntington, NY
    Coheed and Cambria- Record Release show- Amityville, NY
    Mastodon/Opeth/Ghost- New York City
    Mike Keneally and Rick Mulsalam- New York City
    Rush- Newark NJ, and Brooklyn, NY
    Geoff Tate- Amityville NY and New York City
    Don Cassidy
    President, Interviewer, DJ, Artist Promo contact
    Delicious Agony Progressive Rock Radio
    www.deliciousagony.com

top of my list would have to be Sabbath in Birmingham as their warm up date for Download festival
    +
    Nightwish
    Marillion
    Rival Sons
    Ian Hunter
    Permission To Rock - Volume One
    https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/247182
    featuring Barclay James Harvest, Fish, Marillion, Beardfish, Yes + more

Open post....insert foot. mpoll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mpoll View Post
    1. Best: Steven Wilson - opening night of the U.S. GFD Tour in Seattle. Hearing "Luminol" played the first time was epic!
    2. Biggest unexpected pleasant surprise: Gotye @ Bumbershoot Festival.
    3. Nostalgia: Seeing three of the best classic prog vocalists in a one-month period (John Wetton/UK, Greg Lake, and Jon Anderson).

Update: Neil Young and Crazy Horse. The current tour is well worth it if you are into 20-minute distortion-filled jams (and who isn't?! ). Might be your last chance to see The Horse in action......
    "Be Well... Prog On!"

"The Progressive Tracks Show" on KPTZ 91.9 FM / KPTZ.org - Sundays at 5:00 AM and Mondays at 9:00 PM (Pacific Times)
    also on Progzilla Radio / Progzilla.com in the UK - Saturdays at 6:30 PM and Mondays at 2:30 PM (Pacific Times)

I have gone to very few shows this year for some reason, but all have been great: Blue Oyster Cult-NYC, Accept/Kreator-NYC, Jethro Tull's Ian Anderson 'Thick as a Brick 1 &2' -NYC, Steve Smith & Vital Information-Boston, and Symphony X & Iced Earth-NYC

Lino
    My first post on the new site. In no particular order:

Jello Biafra and the Guantanamo School of Medicine - Hamilton
    Gosta Berlings Saga, Aranis, Renaissance, Il Tempio delle Clessidre @ Nearfest
    Rocket From The Tombs- Hamilton
    Rammstein - Cleveland
    Fred Frith - Guelph Jazz Fest

These days, there are just too many hurdles to go see many shows, but...

Godspeed You! Black Emperor. I had to put them in bold because not only did I wait about 8 years to see them, but they were fantastic!

Biggest regret: not seeing Aranis at NF. Couldn't justify the expense. How good were they?

Quote Originally Posted by Lino View Post
    In no particular order:

Jello Biafra and the Guantanamo School of Medicine - Hamilton
    Gosta Berlings Saga, Aranis, Renaissance, Il Tempio delle Clessidre @ Nearfest
    Rocket From The Tombs- Hamilton
    Rammstein - Cleveland
    Fred Frith - Guelph Jazz Fest
    WTH? Didn't you go see GYBE?

Lino
    Couldn't get to that one Hal. Lucky I saw em last tour. I have to start writing down somewhere the shows that I see. I'm sure I'm missing something else spectacular I saw this year LOL.
    Going to see what looks to be a great show tonight - Lydia Lunch Retrovirus. Apparently she's got a killer band with her including ex-Sonic Youth drummer. Really looking forward to what should be an interesting night to say the least.

Lino
    Quote Originally Posted by mpoll View Post
    Update: Neil Young and Crazy Horse. The current tour is well worth it if you are into 20-minute distortion-filled jams (and who isn't?! ). Might be your last chance to see The Horse in action......
    Going Next Tuesday night in Kitchener Ontario...can't wait. It'll be my first time seeing him since the Rust Never Sleeps tour!

Lino
    Lydia Lunch's band tonight:

Bob Bert (Sonic Youth, Pussy Galore)
    Algis Kizys (Swans)
    Weasel Walter (Flying Luttenbachers, Cellular Chaos)

Gonna be deadly, methinks.

Besides the already mentioned Holdsworth/Donati time explosion (in which Allan got lost, Einstein cackled and God said "See? I TOLD you that the Big Bang and the book of Genesis were in agreement"), I also was blessed to see:

IZZ and District 97 - every bit as great as you'd imagine and then some!
    Flying Colors - and a guitar player named Esteban...
    UK with the unconventionally brilliant Gary Husband on drums - YEAH!!!
    ... and all the other great acts at NF Apocalypse....

Moon Safari, Wobbler @ Summer's End
    The Tangent, Magenta & Tinyfish @ Celebr8
    The Aristocrats @ The Robin 2

Lino
    Lydia Lunch and Retrovirus were sensational last night.