Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Trucks and Haynes leaving ABB

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    True. They both are musicians. Devon plays the blues. Elihah plays some dark metal that Gregg "does not understand". Or so says Gregg in his bio. I don't think and Elijah were close or even saw each other much after the split with Cher.

Elijah does touch on the relationship with his parents on this interview, among other things.

Quote Originally Posted by jkelman View Post
    Good question. That was such a great record, but perhaps because both Haynes and Trucks were also so busy with their own groups, the only thing that they were prepared to commit to was a certain number of tour dates with ABB each year...and, to be fair, while no new ABB songs, each year they did, as I've said before, introduce new material to the set lists, including some real unexpecteds like "Spanish Key," which they well and truly nailed....
    I have the two shows from Wanee 2013 and Warren sings an absolutely amazing version of "Into the Mystic."
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    I have the two shows from Wanee 2013 and Warren sings an absolutely amazing version of "Into the Mystic."
    That' she that's been on the set list for a couple years....but thanks; now I'm looking even more forward to getting the rest of the 2023 shows....

Cheers!
    John

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    The 4-disc box of Brothers is amazing, particularly disc two.
    Funny...that's my least favorite disc....just shows ya...different strokes and all that!

4 more shows added to the Beacon run in March.

Banned
    I saw posts from Ultimate Classic Rock and Classic Rock magazine on Facebook yesterday stating that the band will be disbanding after their 45th anniversary tour.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JIF View Post
    I saw posts from Ultimate Classic Rock and Classic Rock magazine on Facebook yesterday stating that the band will be disbanding after their 45th anniversary tour.
    Not surprising. I don't think Gregg can do it anymore.

It was a hell of a run. Thanks to all the members of the Allman Bros., past and present.

^word

I hope I can see them one more time.