Thread: Working with music files on an iPhone

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar

Working with music files on an iPhone

Is there any way to edit the ID3 tags of MP3s while they're on an iPhone? Ideally while connected to a PC (I'd like to be able to use the larger screen and keyboard to do it).

Ok, I figured it out - done in iTunes.

Yeah, my biggest gripe with iPhone/iPad is everything is done with iTunes. Even deleting files like books and documents has to be done on the PC. I don't mind editing tracks because in terms of tagging the right genre or album name, iTunes often screws up. But they also don't let you correct the thing they get wrong the most: album artwork. When your program can't dig up the album cover for something as common as Exile on Main St, you've got a problem.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    But they also don't let you correct the thing they get wrong the most: album artwork. When your program can't dig up the album cover for something as common as Exile on Main St, you've got a problem.
    Just right-click on the track (or select multiple tracks and right-click). Get Info. Right click on the picture and paste a new album cover (I usually just Google the image). Works for me.

Wow...that worked. The only problem came when the iPhone and iPad wouldn't recognize the new album work and I had to remove the music from the device, set the album art on iTunes, and then reinstall the music. Apple, making the simple complicated through iTunes.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Whoa, old thread!

A maybe related question:

I'm playing music from my iPhone to a Bluetooth speaker. The speaker has no volume control, and the iPhone's volume control is not sensitive enough - it's either to low or too high. Is there a way to refine the volume control on the iPhone so I have more incrementations?

Pendulumswingingdoomsday Rune Blackwings's Avatar
    lack of music. any time i upgrade itunes, i get less apps and less music. if i keep upgrading and updating, it will be just a regular phone like my Qualcomm
    "Alienated-so alien I go!"