Thread: Thomas Dolby - The Toadlickers

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar

Thomas Dolby - The Toadlickers

I finally got around to listening to Thomas Dolby's "A Map of the Floating City," but haven't got much farther than "The Toadlickers," because it's such a great song I just keep listening to it over and over! Just found this video for it which is pretty funny. If you haven't heard the song before, it takes a few listens to catch all the words, which are pretty funny. A great tune.

Will take a listen to this over the weekend - I love everything this man does.

The video was nominated for two Webby Awards. Can't remember if it won or not. Personal favorites from A Map of the Floating City are "Evil Twin Brother" and the absolutely stunning "Oceanea."
    Progtopia is a podcast devoted to interviewing progressive rock, metal, and electronic artists from the past and present, featuring their songs and exclusive interviews. Artists interviewed on the show have included Steve Hackett, Sound of Contact, Larry Fast, Circus Maximus, Anubis Gate, Spock's Beard, and many more. http://progtopia.podomatic.com See you in a land called Progtopia!