Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hello

Hello high.

Quicksilver Messenger Service - Fresh Air (1971)

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    From which far-off land do you hail?
    Quote Originally Posted by highaltitude View Post
    From the High White Mountains of bolivian high-plateau, 4000 mts above sea level...you?,
    Can you send us a picture with the cover of a prog album and a Llama in it, to prove this? No photoshopping!

Hello !!!

Can you send us a picture with the cover of a prog album and a Llama in it, to prove this? No photoshopping!

I'm sorry I cant, as I know this is non-existent. Do you konw any?

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    Hey, Hello Gruno !!

how goes life...?

Quote Originally Posted by Don Arnold View Post
    Welcome aboard the PE train highaltitude! Pour yourself a drink, put on your comfy slippers, and enjoy the pleasant banter on all things prog, plus a host of other topics (you never know, someone might even begin a thread about making up a story....)
    Thank you Don, good idea..!!!

Welcome to PE! I grew up on all of the bands you did as well. Happy that 'progressive' music is so abundant once again! The mountains of Bolivia sound like a beautiful place.

Hello bill g !!!

Thanks. thank You,

Yes, The whole high-plateau and the Mountains by here are so amazing, so near we are...

Just let me know if you want to came by here, You are welcome anytime!!!

Hello bill g !!!

Thanks. thank You,

Yes, The whole high-plateau and the Mountains by here are so amazing, so near we are...

Just let me know if you want to came by here, You are welcome anytime!!!
    Well thank you! It'd be a lot of fun to do an outdoor show there for sure!

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Is there any kind of prog scene in the Bolivian Andes?

Yes,
    Their are open air theaters, for about 8,000 persons, stadiums 50,000 and others similars in major cities.
    Among the known bands doing concerts by here, there were Deep purple, Supertramp, ELP, and others.
    Recently Iron Maiden, Spyrogira and Yngwie Malmsteen were by last november, ok

It would be a great idea to do.

For any info related, I can send you some links

Quote Originally Posted by bill g View Post
    Welcome to PE! I grew up on all of the bands you did as well. Happy that 'progressive' music is so abundant once again! The mountains of Bolivia sound like a beautiful place.

To me, talking about progressive rock sound, it's now the time to integrate the today's new tendencies of music under the progrock concept,
    what do you think about?

Otherwise,
    This Land is amazing by their landscapes, not having the influence of the sea.
    A deep blue sky, volcanic desert areas Mars looking like, so redish, so primitive, wide open spaces are so huge and different...

In musical terms, the immanent telluric strenght of mountains has always been a main source of inspiration.
    So eternal and perennial seems to be their presence by here where I live,
    Today this immanence, this telluric enhance is known as Magical Reality....a deep feeling of peace can be breath when walking along...., ok.

Last edited by highaltitude; 01-07-2014 at 08:18 PM.

Do you play in a band?

Yes,
    Nevertheless, to me it's time to integrate the today's new tendencies of music under the progrock concept, what do you think about?
    If you are asking what I think about todays progressive music, there is a lot to enjoy. I enjoy all forms of modern progressive music, but some more than others. I always enjoy a great melody and interesting chord progressions and rhythms. Some of my favorites include Advent, Big Big Train, Thinking Plague, Ske, Glass Hammer, Thieves Kitchen and Anglagard.

If you are asking what I think about todays progressive music, there is a lot to enjoy. I enjoy all forms of modern progressive music, but some more than others. I always enjoy a great melody and interesting chord progressions and rhythms. Some of my favorites include Advent, Big Big Train, Thinking Plague, Ske, Glass Hammer, Thieves Kitchen and Anglagard.

Ok, To me, "The Big Jump" into an entire new horizon in progressive rock terms, something looking like end 60's, early 70's, a new concept making a new turn in rock history can be possible to be done, again.

Question: From where this can be made?,
    Answer: from the musical mainstreams surfing the ears of the world today.

Me, is particular, I consider this new streams, like trance, house, rave, etc and all kind of DJ music, having a huge potential. This simply because their musical structure, very simple and very popular today and not arrived yet into its saturation point, in consuming terms.

To me, all this looks like the musical structure of pop music, rather simple, beautiful even nevertheless simple remaining, just like before the arrival progrock of 70's.

Today, few artists have realised this possibility, mainly in trance or progressive trance music, all this happening following academic musical training. Nevertheless The Big Jump was not made still....

Probably because rock has become the most popular musical genre in the world, to integrate, to absorb, to widely develop any musical concept. It is only in rock musical terms that this can be successfully made. It is rock, the only musical structure that arrives to catalyse and integrate any musical mainstream.

So, having this possibility just in front of people's eyes, why not to take it as a chance...

Me, I've found this idea when hearing the radio and playing this music in guitar at the same time.
    I've found a kind of wide open space to be structured and even calling for structure.
    Is by there that I've realised that rock can be the platform to develop any musical structure to go into a new musical concept...

----------------------
    nous sommes du soleil

Hello Modry,

how are you doing in life?

Israelian perhaps, i have a friend having the same and living in Israel, a Very Cool Guy, working in travel business, just like me....

Ok, To me, "The Big Jump" into an entire new horizon in progressive rock terms, something looking like end 60's, early 70's, a new concept making a new turn in rock history can be possible to be made, again.

Question: From where this can be made?,
    Answer: from the musical mainstreams surfing the ears of the world today.

Me, is particular, I consider this new streams, like trance, house, rave, etc and all kind of DJ music, having a huge potential. This simply because their musical structure, very simple and very popular today and not arrived yet into its saturation point, in consuming terms.

To me, all this looks like the musical structure of pop music, rather simple, beautiful even nevertheless simple remaining, just like before the arrival progrock of 70's.

Today, few artists have realised this possibility, mainly in trance or progressive trance music, all this happening following academic musical training. Nevertheless The Big Jump was not made still....

Probably because rock has become the most popular musical genre in the world, to integrate, to absorb, to widely develop any musical concept. It is only in rock musical terms that this can be successfully made. It is rock, the only musical structure that arrives to catalyse and integrate any musical mainstream.

So, having this possibility just in front of people's eyes, why not to take it as a chance...

Me, I've found this idea when hearing the radio and playing this music in guitar at the same time.
    I've found a kind of wide open space to be structured and even calling for structure.
    Is by there that I've realised that rock can be the platform to develop any musical structure to go into a new musical concept...

----------------------
    nous sommes du soleil
    Hey Bill G, What do you think about it?

Hey Bill G, What do you think about it?
    I will answer best I can, for what I believe you are asking, and hope I'm on the right track

You know, I find it hard to say, being a composer myself, I don't think about what style I write in, or how it fits into current mediums. My writing inspirations DO come from the outdoors, from walks, hikes, or time spent outdoors, and the moods and feelings I get when I'm outside. Then I try to take those moods into my music room and match them with melody, chords, instrumentation, and sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. You mention DJ musical forms and such, and I do enjoy a lot of that although, I tend to write from a place that is more organic in approach, and so I need to have acoustic instrumentation mixed in with electric or electronic. The only downside for me personally with a lot of electronic music, is the repitious beats. The musical paintings I feel inside and try to express in music usually includes a note-for-note approach which is a much different approach than that. It sounds like you have ideas in melding/fusing rock with trance/house etc... which, as you say, is likely fairly unrealized, and if you are a dj yourself, that could be a direction that you could, or perhaps already are pursuing.

I will answer best I can, for what I believe you are asking, and hope I'm on the right track

You know, I find it hard to say, being a composer myself, I don't think about what style I write in, or how it fits into current mediums. My writing inspirations DO come from the outdoors, from walks, hikes, or time spent outdoors, and the moods and feelings I get when I'm outside. Then I try to take those moods into my music room and match them with melody, chords, instrumentation, and sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. You mention DJ musical forms and such, and I do enjoy a lot of that although, I tend to write from a place that is more organic in approach, and so I need to have acoustic instrumentation mixed in with electric or electronic. The only downside for me personally with a lot of electronic music, is the repitious beats. The musical paintings I feel inside and try to express in music usually includes a note-for-note approach which is a much different approach than that. It sounds like you have ideas in melding/fusing rock with trance/house etc... which, as you say, is likely fairly unrealized, and if you are a dj yourself, that could be a direction that you could, or perhaps already are pursuing.

Interesting post thanks, I am not DJ, I just play Guitar (E & A)

About this writing or doing music related with this idea I think, as a path leading into a new evolution or rock in progressive terms (to pompous suddenly), can be figured as well as when surfing on the platform of the music of 60s which had lead into progrock when next years arriving in early 70s.

Today, this time it looks like the same to me, probably not unrealized, but fitting its historical evolution timeline context, ok.
    Nevertheless once this evidence made and, in particular, when this music (trance/house etc...) integrated in a progressive rock structure context, the final sound recorded having this same tempo and getting out of this mechanical sequence and the music played by musicians and not by mechanical programmes manipulated by DJs, that can be a new expression of progmusic in order to make a new turn in the history ofprogressive rock, in a field having today massive contact with young population, the fans of this techno-electronic-dance sound today.

I see what you mean, and now that you've described it, I can actually imagine and visualize what the music could sound like. Whether or not it would actually capture a younger crowd I guess would remain to be seen, but, why not try?

Yes, you are right, it is the time to go on though, thanks ...

Well thinking about your question, this is a small history telling you some of it about it, ok...

Yes, in the seventies their was a group named Wara (it means Star).
    They have arrived to do a fusion of Bolivian folkloric music and rock, mainly having the influence of Uriah Heep and Deep Purple, the music made has been a turn in the musical perception by here.

By that time, we were a so far away land....living in a high-plateau at 4,000 mts high (13,157 ft) above sea level, this land was one of the far away corners of the world, that really was in early 70s, nevertheless, for some reason British used to like it, ok..

...and, it was David Byron, the Uriah Heep singer, coming by here (and very probably looking for coke), to La Paz-Bolivia, and in their bohemian holidays, arrived to keep, in December 1971, a short Christmas's song, which finally was "the Park " song on Uriah Heep's Salisbury album, anyway that is the legend too.....

Me, today, today, realising all this, I am sure that, this was just the park in front of my house, this was my garden that time,

It is quite interesting how come this has always been present in my mind since I was a kid....he probably saw me, when seating on a bench by there, so mad... and got me in their memories, who knows...

Whatever, this is the history of Bolivian Progrock....

The history
    part I https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlG9CsEEbDE
    part II https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qj7sP0fRMOU
    part III

the song
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkf8fQC7EpM

All this is so anecdotic finally, nevertheless this is how we perceive this progrock and Bolivian music fusion today, ok....

highaltitude

Yes, in the seventies their was a group named Wara (it means Star).
    They have arrived to do a fusion of Bolivian folkloric music and rock, mainly having the influence of Uriah Heep and Deep Purple, the music made has been a turn in the musical perception by here.

By that time, we were a so far away land....living in a high-plateau at 4,000 mts high (13,157 ft) above sea level, this land was one of the far away corners of the world, that really was in early 70s, nevertheless, for some reason British used to like it, ok..

...and, it was David Byron, the Uriah Heep singer, coming by here (and very probably looking for coke), to La Paz-Bolivia, and in their bohemian holidays, arrived to keep, in December 1971, a short Christmas's song, which finally was "the Park " song on Uriah Heep's Salisbury album, anyway that is the legend too.....

Me, today, today, realising all this, I am sure that, this was just the park in front of my house, this was my garden that time,

It is quite interesting how come this has always been present in my mind since I was a kid....he probably saw me, when seating on a bench by there, so mad... and got me in their memories, who knows...

Whatever, this is the history of Bolivian Progrock....

The history
    part I https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlG9CsEEbDE
    part II https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qj7sP0fRMOU
    part III

the song
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkf8fQC7EpM

All this is so anecdotal finally, nevertheless this is how we perceive this progrock and Bolivian music fusion today, ok....

highaltitude

Hello,
    hi again,
    Very happy to be here...