Thread: If you like The Enid

If you like The Enid

then you might like this:

Francis Lickerish is one of the founders of the band. William Gilmour was also an important member and Jon Beedle has played in the band.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    It does sound very Enidy, I'm in.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by undergroundrailroad View Post
    Terry Pack and Tony Freer are also on the album. http://francislickerish.bandcamp.com...e-lost-lands-2
    Indeed they are, sorry, I was going from memory of Francis's previous work as Secret Green. I notice Neil Kavanagh is also on this album. Apparently he is the uncredited bass player on The Enid's first album.

CRAFT,you have to get CRAFT.

Far and Forgot from the Lost Lands is indeed a fine album. Perhaps because it has more longer, instrumental pieces than its more vocal-oriented Secret Green predecessor To Wake the King, it seems grander, a more monolithic work. Both albums have a similar overall approach, which does resemble The Enid a lot, but generally has a slightly folkier, brighter melodic outline compared to The Enid’s more colourful Romantic-era harmonic style, and the use of conventional orchestration alongside synthesizers gives it an even more massive, sometimes ponderous sound. Very majestic at best, with same pros and cons as The Enid. As most of the musicians are same on both this and the Secret Green album, I wonder why this was put out as a solo record.

Interestingly, since the Secret Green album, The Enid have first adopted orchestral backing for live performances and then a similar solo vocal approach for Invicta (quite successfully, IMO). A bit of parallel evolution, perhaps?

If you like The Enid, you will definitely like this:
    http://www.theenid.co.uk/shop/dvds/4...et-detail.html

Bryan B.
    Host, "The Aisle of Plenty"
    The Best in Progressive Rock from the past 40 years
    Saturdays, 6AM-8AM Eastern
    classxradio.com

Encore Broadcasts
    Fridays 4PM-6PM Eastern, DeliciousAgony.com
    Saturdays 8PM-10PM Eastern, CrossStreetRadio.com

Is there much synth on this one and To Wake the King, or are they mostly electric guitar + acoustic instruments?

Quote Originally Posted by Soc Prof View Post
    Is there much synth on this one and To Wake the King, or are they mostly electric guitar + acoustic instruments?
    They are heavily laden with synth pads and samples, only traditional orchestral instruments are blended in, whereas the Big E mostly creates the same kind of sound with synths only.

Extremely Enidesque, which is nice.