Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Free 2-CD torrent from Dream Theater: Luna Park part II

I use Trader's Little Helper or FLAC Frontend to decode the files. Alternatively you can play them in WinAmp.

Quote Originally Posted by Yanks2009 View Post
    Oh crap, I can't figure out how to convert them. Seemed like a simple enough task. Stuff like this makes me feel incredibly inadequate, lol!
    Thomas, there are many ways to deal with this. some are fairly technical involving command line programs and all that crap. you're best off like tallliman said using Trader's Little Helper to convert the flac files back to wav format or even mp3 (whichever you prefer.) TLH is a free easy to use front end application which already has suitable versions of the wav, flac and lame (mp3) executables bundled with it. another way is just playing the files in VLC Media Player or Media Monkey. in Media Monkey's free version, you can play, burn to disc or convert them to another format. hope that helps
    i.ain't.dead.irock

I think the best program is dbPoweramp Music Converter, but as was mentioned you can always just play FLACs with a versatile player like Winamp.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Winamp might be the best choice. Shame that it's not supported anymore - can it still be downloaded?
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

I always use dbPoweramp but Traders Little Helper is fine as well. Just convert to wav. and then play on Winamp or Windows Media Player. When I opened the first song ont WMP it attached the artwork and put the album in order. It I had tried that on the shitheap that is iTunes it would have asked to convert the files and then listed it all as unknown artist, unknown album. iTunes sucks for anything but MP3s and even then they can't be expected to get the art right.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Winamp might be the best choice. Shame that it's not supported anymore - can it still be downloaded?
    YES! I did it this morning and got the music to play. I can't figure out how to burn it to a disc for car because WMP can't play FLAC. Is that stupid or what?

Quote Originally Posted by Rand Kelly View Post
    YES! I did it this morning and got the music to play. I can't figure out how to burn it to a disc for car because WMP can't play FLAC. Is that stupid or what?
    burn it in winamp.

Attachment 2963
    i.ain't.dead.irock

Quote Originally Posted by proggosaurus View Post
    Thomas, there are many ways to deal with this. some are fairly technical involving command line programs and all that crap. you're best off like tallliman said using Trader's Little Helper to convert the flac files back to wav format or even mp3 (whichever you prefer.) TLH is a free easy to use front end application which already has suitable versions of the wav, flac and lame (mp3) executables bundled with it...hope that helps
    Thanks. That was a very helpful post.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Henry View Post
    Thanks. That was a very helpful post.

you're welcome. glad I could help someone. there's so many different ways of doing these things, it's crazy. I've got so many programs, players and converters alike. I tend to stick with the more techie ones but will use the easier ways on occasion. once you get used to the more difficult ones, the options available are real nice to have.
    i.ain't.dead.irock

Thomas, there are many ways to deal with this. some are fairly technical involving command line programs and all that crap. you're best off like tallliman said using Trader's Little Helper to convert the flac files back to wav format or even mp3 (whichever you prefer.) TLH is a free easy to use front end application which already has suitable versions of the wav, flac and lame (mp3) executables bundled with it. another way is just playing the files in VLC Media Player or Media Monkey. in Media Monkey's free version, you can play, burn to disc or convert them to another format. hope that helps
    Trader's Little Helper worked like a charm, thanks! Playing Ytse Jam right now. I guess I'm not totally computer illiterate that I could do this successfully, but it was pretty easy to figure out and use.

Quote Originally Posted by Yanks2009 View Post
    Trader's Little Helper worked like a charm, thanks! Playing Ytse Jam right now. I guess I'm not totally computer illiterate that I could do this successfully, but it was pretty easy to figure out and use.
    that's great! glad you can listen to it now. I know they're one of your favorite bands.
    i.ain't.dead.irock

that's great! glad you can listen to it now. I know they're one of your favorite bands.

Definitely. Can't say I listen to them as often as I used to, but I'm sure that happens with everyone and their favorites. Listeing to Count of Tuscanny right now, sounds pretty awesome, and I never got to hear them play this on the two shows from the tour I went to, and I missed the "Black Clouds" tour entirely.

I had lost interest in D.T. but I have to say this sounds good.

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    CD Burner Express automatically converts FLAC, SHN files (losslessly, of course) prior to burning. It's free.

burn it in winamp.

Attachment 2963
    I hit BURN in winamp but I didn't see any indicator that anything was happening the way WMP does,so I assumed I couldn't do it. I'll check that again maybe it was burning or about to and I aborted too soon.

Quote Originally Posted by rickawakeman View Post
    CD Burner Express automatically converts FLAC, SHN files (losslessly, of course) prior to burning. It's free.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by rickawakeman View Post
    Can't find this please post the link? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Rand Kelly View Post
    Can't find this please post the link? Thanks.
    http://download.cnet.com/Express-Bur...-75219417.html