Thread: Bruford Autobiography

Bruford Autobiography

Anyone know why this isn't available for the Kindle anymore?

Probably a licensing agreement that has expired and Amazon has chosen not to renew.
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

Dammit! I'm getting a Kindle for Christmas.

Crap. Was in the mood for this. So much nicer to read on the Kindle with my aging eyesight..........

This is an excellent read. Bill is a terrific writer and his dry wit is woven throughout every chapter. I've read it several times and just love it! Bill's description of his horrified wife when Fripp commented how he'd like to bite their young children's necks is an eye-popping classic!
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    This is an excellent read. Bill is a terrific writer and his dry wit is woven throughout every chapter. I've read it several times and just love it! Bill's description of his horrified wife when Fripp commented how he'd like to bite their young children's necks is an eye-popping classic!
    Agreed! My favorite part is the story of the DiMeola recording session. Levin is the MAN!
    "I want to be someone, who someone would want to be." Marillion

Quote Originally Posted by trurl View Post
    Dammit! I'm getting a Kindle for Christmas.
    You won't regret it, even if they don't have Bruford's book. I fly on planes often but can't sleep on them, so I read a lot. I got a Kindle Fire HD from my girl for my birthday this past October. I was carrying around some pretty thick books before that and it's such a pleasure to read on this thin, light little thing. Not to mention that sometimes the overhead light for my seat didn't work, which really sucked, especially on a four hour flight! It's great, just tap on your current book and it takes you right where you left off.

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    This is an excellent read. Bill is a terrific writer and his dry wit is woven throughout every chapter. I've read it several times and just love it!
    I only read it once, but I could see reading it again, even if it means temporarily going back to carrying an actual book (yes, my Kindle spoiled me quickly). I thoroughly enjoyed it and being a musician who tours, there was much I could relate to. He's very candid and frank and yes, funny! It sort of saddened me to discover his lack of confidence in his own abilities, but I guess that's his cross to bear.

Great book.

Anyone have the newest Kindle Fire HDX yet? I picked one up for the wife for Xmas. She was getting jealous of my iPad, and I figured this was a good tablet for her since she's got Prime and a Kindle already.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.