Thread: Genesis interviewed for The Lamb

Genesis interviewed for The Lamb

Just an interview with the band about the album: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srJqb2RHFq0

The El Topo reference makes sense.

This is from the 2008 box set reissue. Every one of the albums from that series has one of these "making of" things.
    Last edited by Paulrus; 12-12-2013 at 12:11 PM.
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

Yeah, nothing new. Catch up!

Banned
    Judging by his PE name, maybe he doesn't believe in DVDs, because he lives in the past. Therefore, he cannot watch the Genesis boxset "making of" doc, because they aren't available on VHS or Beta Max.

Or, perhaps, he just didn't know about it, like 99% of the rest of the world.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
    Yeah, nothing new. Catch up!
    Maybe he was out getting laid while you were watching this....

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by progman1975 View Post
    Maybe he was out getting laid while you were watching this....
    C'mon. You know very well that people that go on this site listen to prog. Therefore, they don't get laid. Chicks don't listen to prog.

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    Or, perhaps, he just didn't know about it, like 99% of the rest of the world.
    or maybe he did like 99% of the prog world?

or maybe he did like 99% of the prog world?
    Then, put me in the 1%, because I don't have every prog box set.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Lots of hate above for a dude simply trying to share

Way to encourage folks to contribute

Fail

BG
    "When Yes appeared on stage, it was like, the gods appearing from the heavens, deigning to play in front of the people."

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Griffin View Post
    Way to encourage folks to contribute
    Some people simply enjoy being condescending.

I had no idea this video existed!. Thanks hippypants.

Quote Originally Posted by zandernoriega View Post
    I had no idea this video existed!. Thanks hippypants.
    Another 1-percenter!

Quote Originally Posted by JIF View Post
    Judging by his PE name, maybe he doesn't believe in DVDs, because he lives in the past. Therefore, he cannot watch the Genesis boxset "making of" doc, because they aren't available on VHS or Beta Max.
    Hur-hur! He probibly doesint even haev a CD playir! Cuz hes a hippy!!!

You're a.jpg

The world needs more hippies, IMO. A little bit of idealism would be refreshing.

I do have the Genesis remasters that contained these segments with the band members . They are also all on YouTube. I found them to be really entertaining. It is interesting to hear the members looking back and giving some really honest opinions of their work. They are at times pretty critical of certain songs and such and sometimes the ones they really like will surprise you as well (ie: Silver Rainbow, Who Dunnit). The comments on Who Dunnit are especially funny as they acknowledge that their fan base thinks it is their worst song and that even the roadies during the Abacab tour were critical of it. That said, the band is quite fond of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Patelena396 View Post
    I do have the Genesis remasters that contained these segments with the band members . They are also all on YouTube. I found them to be really entertaining. It is interesting to hear the members looking back and giving some really honest opinions of their work. They are at times pretty critical of certain songs and such and sometimes the ones they really like will surprise you as well (ie: Silver Rainbow, Who Dunnit). The comments on Who Dunnit are especially funny as they acknowledge that their fan base thinks it is their worst song and that even the roadies during the Abacab tour were critical of it. That said, the band is quite fond of it.
    & thats why they played it on the tour, fuck the fans!

& thats why they played it on the tour, fuck the fans!
    In fairness to them, they played it on a tour when the album was brand new and the song hadn't really developed the negative opinion that it has over time. Keep in mind also, that the song was an attempt to be topical to the music scene at the time as well. I really don't think it was included in the setlist as a slight to the fans in any way.

In fairness to them, they played it on a tour when the album was brand new and the song hadn't really developed the negative opinion that it has over time. Keep in mind also, that the song was an attempt to be topical to the music scene at the time as well. I really don't think it was included in the setlist as a slight to the fans in any way.
    Only to fans like Rufus.

I've watched these interviews quite a few times over the years and I really enjoy them. Even when Mike Rutherford uses phrases like "looking back", "the song is a bit busy", "d'you know what I mean", and "we were intense young men" for the hundredth time.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

I saw them on this tour and Who Dunnit had Rutherford on drums. It was a bit of fun for them and I enjoyed it at the show. Listening to it on the studio album makes one wish it was shorter.

They used to wear scuba gear while playing "Who Dunnit" live... a strange little song, for sure. I understand why they felt they should include it in 1981, but as time went on it became clear that "You Might Recall" was the far superior choice once they made the decision to make Abacab a single LP.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***