Thread: Wayside coming soon list questions?

Wayside coming soon list questions?

HAPPY FAMILY (after over 15 years away, Happy Family return and sound like they've never been gone! You'll be amazed how great they sound!)
    PRESENT-Triskaidekaphobie (remastered reissue with 20' of bonus live material + rare photos and a complete story of the band)
    PRESENT-Le Poison Qui Rend Fou (remastered reissue with a entire second disc of bonus live material + rare photos and a complete story of the band)

Are all of these going to be on Cuneiform?
    Can't wait to get em!
    " My advice is to get them off right after your shoes and before your trousers... that's the sock gap. Miss it and suddenly you're a naked man in socks. No self-respecting woman will let a naked man in socks do the squelchy with her. "

http://thefairlysecretarmy.bandcamp.com/

http://wavesofmercury.bandcamp.com/

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    The two Present ones are on Cuneiform, I'm not sure about the Happy Familiy one.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

While we're at it, I'd like to know more about the Aquaserge. It's been in the list a long time now. I wasn't sure if that was going to be on Cuneiform or not. I liked the 3rd album a lot.

BTW, the Laurence Vanay albums were released this past weekend (on Lion Productions). The CDs are out and the LPs will be following early next year I suspect.

I would assume Happy Family is a Cunei release, Steve F posted a demo a few months back

http://www.progressiveears.org/forum...t=happy+family

so many questions

Present are out in January on Cuneiform

Happy Family is penciled in for September on Cuneiform

Aquaserge : not a Cuneiform release (sadly - I love it - it's their best yet) and I hope that it finds a good home and comes out soon. But I don't know anything more than that.
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve F. View Post
    Present are out in January on Cuneiform. Happy Family is penciled in for September on Cuneiform

Aquaserge : not a Cuneiform release (sadly - I love it - it's their best yet) and I hope that it finds a good home and comes out soon. But I don't know anything more than that.
    I've only got the Aquaserge with the submarine on it, but it's still one of my most frequently played albums in years. It takes oddball French to fuse Albert Marcoeur and Gong, but these guys achieve it perfectly! Uh, come to think of it both Marcoeur and Gong were French as well. And oddball.

The Happy Family will be THE most anticipated release next year for me. And if any of the Present bonus material is on the same level as the actual releasews from back then, these are instant autobuys - even though I've got the vinyls.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Speaking of the Wayside coming soon list, howabout this auto-buy behemoth?

HUGH HOPPER (10 CD series of archival recordings, all/nearly all never-before heard, as curated by Michael King. He's enlisted Hugh's personal archive, as well as the archives of friends of Hugh's)

Can Steve or anyone else in the know shed a little more light on what eras/styles/live/studio/etc. will be found on this?

PS Very excited about the Present re-releases!

re: the Hugh Hopper set. It isn't my set and I don't know everything that is on it, although I provided materials for Michael to use, as did Aymeric Leroy (and possibly other folks as well).

It's mostly live materials, although iirc, there are some studio things and it is mostly 80s/90s/00s, although there may be some 70s stuff on it. I don't remember, honestly.

And I am pretty sure that it is all or nearly all previously unreleased.

hope that is enough, because it really isn't my place to say more (and I am not even sure that Michael knows with 100% certainty what he is going to include on them at this point...)

one last thing - it isn't a behemoth; it's 10 individual discs. You can buy the one(s) that interest you.
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Where is this Coming Soon list?

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    On Waysides weekly mailing list. You can request to be added on the Wayside site
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

And people who are on the list got a 10% sale only for people who are on the list just one week ago.
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

Far Corner?