Thread: 1 LP, no CD artists

1 LP, no CD artists

DELETED - because some people, get their kicks from ruining things for other people, for deliberately misinterpreting things. And I have neither the energy nor the mental stability not the inclination to keep explaining myself in unnecessary detail.
    Last edited by PeterG; 12-01-2013 at 12:11 PM.

Of course most of these artists have many more than one LP released. The fact that you only BOUGHT one album of theirs is really no reflection on the bands.

DELETED
    Last edited by PeterG; 12-01-2013 at 12:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    Either you've misunderstood me or I wasn't clear enough.

I know that of course & I thought that was obvious from what I wrote: "for artists that I only have 1 LP & no CDs by."
    Yes, but you titled the thread, "1 LP, No CD artists". That's patently untrue. What you meant to say was "Artists I know almost nothing about."

You could start a fairly meaty discussion about "Great LPs that have never seen a CD Re-issue."

THAT would be a worthwhile discussion.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    How to Make an OP Snap with Only Three Posts by R. Carlberg

I'm willing to try for a new record.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    How to Make an OP Snap with Only Three Posts by R. Carlberg
    Is being unpleasant something to be proud of or to be celebrated?
    Maybe I'm just too old fashioned.

You took your football and went home. You don't get to chime in.

You must have very low self-esteem or no friends or both to make you such an unpleasant a-hole!
    Now I know why you never start any threads with original ideas 1, because you never have any original ideas 2, you know it would be completely bombed by people disrupting it and derailing it in an unpleasant manner, in other words giving you a major dose of your own medicine. And that's what you're most afraid of isn't it, being unpopular or being ignored.
    You sad wee man!

As a person that gets along with both of you guys I will have to admit, Peter, that i thought this thread was originally in reference to bands that put out LPs but those LPs were never released in CD form....When i read your original OP a few days ago and what it was you were defining as your topic, I thought the content was subjective dependent on each person's record collection (which, I think was your intent) so, yeah, the thread title was a lil misleading

Okay, fair enough, thanks for the feedback. I know I don't always explain myself clearly.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    You must have very low self-esteem or no friends or both to make you such an unpleasant a-hole!
    Now I know why you never start any threads with original ideas 1, because you never have any original ideas 2, you know it would be completely bombed by people disrupting it and derailing it in an unpleasant manner, in other words giving you a major dose of your own medicine. And that's what you're most afraid of isn't it, being unpopular or being ignored.
    You sad wee man!
    This is killing me! I can only change my SIG so often - I'd like to use this one, but I just changed it to a different excellent rant a couple of days ago.

I am available at reasonable rates as a copywriter and editor if you want a short snappy rant

BTW, what thread did your current sig come from?

From the "Should Camel Re-Record The Snow Goose thread. I left out the poster's name because I wasn't trying to taunt him - I just thought it was a great rant.

Monotheistic Supernalist ProgPariah77's Avatar
    I missed the OP, but my interpretation of the title is "Artists/Bands who only released one album (on LP), which was never released on CD."

If so, the first example that comes to my mind is a little-known project called "Airplay" (S/T album released in 1980 and never reissued on CD until Sony Music Entertainment did a 30th Anniversary remastered digital re-release in 2010 ... so I guess it's technically disqualified from this thread), which was notable for its (occasionally) prog-flavored radio-friendly sound and for its high-end musical pedigree:

Jay Graydon (vocals, guitar)
    David Foster (keyboards)
    Tommy Funderburk (vocals)

Guest Musicians (all from Toto):
    Jeff Porcaro (drums)
    David Hungate (bass)
    Steve Lukather (additional rhythm guitars)
    Steve Porcaro (synthesizer programming)

The sound of this album practically defines overproduced '80's album rock ... (but then, I kinda like overproduced '80's album rock, so ...)

(OK, I've officially hijacked my first thread ever ... fun!)