Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Doctor Who talk

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Any opinions on the Christmas special?

Most of the ones I've seen/heard haven't been the most positive.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

I thought Time Of The Doctor was pretty good. I loved the two Sontarans who get creamed because their invisibility cloak doesn't work, followed by the announcement that the "appropriate afterlife has been notified". Seeing Amelia and Amy again so briefly was pretty cool too. And I liked the way they sort decided to forgo the melodramatic regeneration. It was almost like Matt Smith sneezed and turned into Peter Capaldi.

Note that I started a Doctor Who discussion group here on this site some time ago. It never did have a great deal of traffic, but it's been extremely dead lately. Maybe we can revive it a little. I would have got into this thread earlier, but I rarely check the Way OT section.

The 50th anniversary show: I enjoyed it a great deal. We finally got the Time War on screen - and a lot of things were tied together. The appearance at the end by Tom Baker was a nice surprise. By the way, if you haven't seen it already, do a search for the internet prequel episode 'The Night of the Doctor'. It's about a 6 minute episode. There is another big treat in that one, but I won't spoil it here.

Christmas Episode: Pretty good - regeneration episodes are always a bit special. Usually the Christmas specials are more 'stand-alone' so that new viewers won't be lost, but this one required a lot of Who background to really get it.

I didn't think much of the Christmas special, but the 50th show kicked ass. New shows in Febuary?

Quote Originally Posted by scags View Post
    I didn't think much of the Christmas special, but the 50th show kicked ass. New shows in Febuary?
    No. The last I heard was Fall 2014. I don't even think they've begun filming with Capaldi yet.

I for one was glad to see the Eleventh Doctor go out with a "Big Bang". That was very appropriate for his character. It will be quite interesting to see how the old and young contrast works with number twelve.