Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ILUVATAR Sign with 10T Records for New CD & Re-mastered Back Catalog

Quote Originally Posted by 10T Records View Post
    Jeff Hodges, my partner in both 10T Records and Man on Fire, is certainly no fan of the "SUPER CRUSHED & LOUD" school of mastering. He is the owner of Charleston Sound (www.charlestonsound.com), a world-class recording studio in Charleston, SC, where the mastering is taking place. Every step is being taken to enhance the original recordings, understanding that there are some inherent limitations in the source material. We will attempt to do everything we can to bring the overall sound quality up to the current audio standard for a contemporary prog release, but without sacrificing the integrity of the overall sound. I think everyone will be pleased.

Steve
    www.10trecords.com
    hi Steve. Offtopic... any updates re new Frogg Cafe album? it's about time...
    Thanks
    S

Quote Originally Posted by sergio View Post
    hi Steve. Offtopic... any updates re new Frogg Cafe album? it's about time...
    Thanks
    S
    Hi Sergio,

I've spoken with Andy Sussman recently who assures me that the band is actively working on new material. I think it's very safe to say that we'll see new music "from the lilypad" in 2014. It also sounds like they've got some real surprises up their sleeves for the next one!

Steve
    www.10trecords.com

I am very happy for my friend Jim Rezek. He is a kindred musical spirit to me. Jim was the very first person in prog who somehow found my website and asked whether I was using vintage instruments, which of course I wish I had, but of course he has them all!! I had the pleasure of sitting next to Jim during the performance of Going For The One at the ROSfest afterparty show couple of years back and we were both almost tripping on the music that got us both going. Jim's other band Prophet Code is similarly awesome. I witnessed their performance at Orion last year and was as they say, blown away by the compositions, playing and stage presence. I hope Iluvatar will have its presence greatly enhanced by this deal. Wish I'd seen them at Rosfest 2009 but my first ROSfest was 2010. All the best to this excellent outfit, headed up by a musician's musician.
    A spirit with a vision is a dream with a mission!

This wonderful thread motivated me to play all 3 studio CD's over the past couple of days

Overdue spins

The debut is my favorite I think, although there is some great material on Children

Never warmed to "Story"

BG
    "When Yes appeared on stage, it was like, the gods appearing from the heavens, deigning to play in front of the people."

Good News! I enjoy their previous CDs & look forward to hear the new stuff.
    Last edited by Boceephus; 02-05-2014 at 10:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Griffin View Post
    Never warmed to "Story"
    It was their best album so far...

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Giant View Post

I would ask that the guy you have to do the remastering does a really good job. We don't want a "Veteran of the Loudness Wars" ripping the dynamics out of the music. It does seem the tide is turning to better remastering, so I'm hopeful.
    Amen !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jvalvano View Post
    Amen !!!
    An update: The band has just approved Jeff's remastering samples for their debut self-titled album, "Iluvatar." I think everyone's going to be very pleased with the improvement.

Steve
    www.10trecords.com

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Their appearance at ProgDay 2012 isn't included in the list in the press release. Just sayin'.

Excellent news!

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Their appearance at ProgDay 2012 isn't included in the list in the press release. Just sayin'.

Excellent news!
    Ha - Right you are! That paragraph came straight from the band (who also approved it in its final form)... Take it up with them!

Steve
    www.10trecords.com

Just got word that the remastering samples for all four of the Iluvatar back catalog have been approved by the band. Final mastering is now underway to finalize all of them for re-release in the first quarter of 2014. Everything sounds great! We've got some interesting things planned for these 4 back catalog titles.

Work will begin soon on the mastering for the new CD, From the Silence.

Steve
    www.10trecords.com

I am anxiously awaiting these releases, so I bumped this thread.

The new cd, 'From The Silence', is my most anticipated release of 2014. Bring on the release date so I can anticipate properly!

Ha - Right you are! That paragraph came straight from the band (who also approved it in its final form)... Take it up with them!

Steve
    www.10trecords.com
    True but in the context of the paragraph Progday's performance might not have fit in. I believe this is the sentence JKL has an issue with: They played to packed theaters in Buenos Aires, Argentina in September 1997, and performed in Mexicali Mexico at BajaProg 98, NEARfest 2000 in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, and RosFest 2009 in Philadelphia, PA." Progday is an outdoor event so there is no theater and as such there is no "packed house." I do agree it would not have killed them to mention Progday though. That event can benefit from any exposure it gets. I don't mean that in a negative sense. I was highly involved with the festival at one point so I know first hand how it operates and what the challenges are.
    Do not suffer through the game of chance that plays....always doors to lock away your dreams (To Be Over)

Also in 2014, the entire long out-of-print Iluvatar back catalog will be available again in newly re-mastered formats. Iluvatar, Children, Sideshow, and A Story Two Days Wide have been re-mastered by producer Jeff Hodges (Man on Fire, FROMUZ, Farpoint, Shadow Circus), who is mastering From the Silence as well.
    What ever happened with the reissues of the older Iluvatar albums?

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Henry View Post
    What ever happened with the reissues of the older Iluvatar albums?
    This was pushed back to Q1 2015. There will be a big announcement shortly after the new year on the complete roll-out.

Thanks!

Steve
    www.10trecords.com

This was pushed back to Q1 2015...
    Are we there yet?

BUMP

I just recently picked up the last Iluvatar cd and found it to be surprisingly good. Very impressed. When the new one come along, I think I will have to have that as well.

Bill
    She'll be standing on the bar soon
    With a fish head and a harpoon
    and a fake beard plastered on her brow.

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    Still digesting the most recent disc. With the band's lack of recorded output between "A Story Two days Wide" and the new one, the next one should come out in 2024.

Progstreaming-webmaster Sunhillow's Avatar
    BUMP
    What he said.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunhillow View Post
    What he said.

Just another BUMP in the road...

Just another BUMP in the road...
    Hey Quisp, their latest was one of my faves of last year!