Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nighttime music

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    Interesting. I never tried them in the morning. Maybe I'll give that a whirl. But I suppose because of its movie association, I'll always think of darkness when I hear Tubular Bells.
    Oh that's right it later became the soundtrack to a movie. I remember Mike being dead set against it, not wanting his music associated with so dark a subject, but when told how much money he'd make, he relented.

Another good night album for me is King Crimson - The Power To Believe

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Steven Wilson - The Raven...

Just about any title by Klaus Schulze. I remember reading somewhere that Klaus prefers to record at night, so the nocturnal setting is appropriate.

I also prefer to listen to most of David Sylvian's music at night. If there ever was a perfect full moon night album, it has to be Gone to Earth.

As for Oldfield's Tubular Bells, I always thought Mike's intention was for the piece to be pastoral and specifically evocative of the English countryside? If not Tubular Bells, then most certainly Hergest Ridge is.

Sylvian is a good choice - up to Blemish anyway.
    Klaus with Lisa particularly good at night.
    One World by John Martyn is classic late-night listening.
    And maybe a bit of Nich Drake ......

Quote Originally Posted by nsmith1002 View Post
    Just about any title by Klaus Schulze. I remember reading somewhere that Klaus prefers to record at night, so the nocturnal setting is appropriate.

I also prefer to listen to most of David Sylvian's music at night. If there ever was a perfect full moon night album, it has to be Gone to Earth.

As for Oldfield's Tubular Bells, I always thought Mike's intention was for the piece to be pastoral and specifically evocative of the English countryside? If not Tubular Bells, then most certainly Hergest Ridge is.