Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FYI - Violent street game called "Knockout".

FYI - Violent street game called "Knockout".

I felt I needed to share this with everyone here.

Share this with people you know who often-times walk alone...Scary and frightening.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=u_PEBsEyYHQ

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    I'm glad I live in a neighborhood that's expensive enough that gangs of ruffians don't roam the streets. That's what I'm paying for.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    gangs of ruffians
    LOL! That must be one really expensive neighborhood. Are there any hooligans?

Quote Originally Posted by Banquo View Post
    LOL! That must be one really expensive neighborhood. Are there any hooligans?
    Not sure about hooligans, but there may be rapscallions about.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe F. View Post
    Yeah. You gotta watch out for them.

I always saute the rapscallions before using them.....they're much tastier that way.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    I should have said expensive town, not expensive neighborhood. Actually, some ne'er-do-wells do occasionally venture into the less desireable areas, but usually all they do is steal things from cars that have, for some inexplicable reason, been left unlocked by their owners. Where we live, there's never anyone about at night who doesn't live there, and if they're out they're walking their dog or taking a walk. Most nights it's amazingly silent, and I like it that way. I had my fill of city living after almost 50 years in NYC. It was time to bug out. Just in time to avoid Knockout, I guess!

Quote Originally Posted by wideopenears View Post
    I always saute the rapscallions before using them.....they're much tastier that way.
    Try the veal. WOE is here all week!

A wilding we will go.

man, that is disturbing
    no tunes, no dynamics, no nosebone

Banned
    First off, it's not a game. It's criminal assault. One day someone's gonna try and "knockout" the wrong guy and get their fucking head blown off. That'll be the end of that.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Most nights it's amazingly silent, and I like it that way. I had my fill of city living after almost 50 years in NYC. It was time to bug out. Just in time to avoid Knockout, I guess!
    Don't get too comfortable. Bad shit happens in the nicest of places.

First off, it's not a game. It's criminal assault. One day someone's gonna try and "knockout" the wrong guy and get their fucking head blown off. That'll be the end of that.
    The punk-ass kids who do this this call it a game but I agree, it is assault.

btw: This made headlines on FOX news the same day I originally posted this. Newscaster made a direct appeal to Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson & the President to openly condemn this activity as all of the perpetraitors in the video were Black.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersonic Scientist View Post
    btw: This made headlines on FOX news the same day I originally posted this. Newscaster made a direct appeal to Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson & the President to openly condemn this activity as all of the perpetraitors in the video were Black.
    Of course they did.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

That apparently already happpened. Except the “wrong guy” turned out to be a 60 year old woman.

-------------
    MIKE (a.k.a. "Progbear")

"Siento que debemos saber para el sueño de quién brillará esta luz
    o consagrar una propia estrella" --Alberto Felici

Quote Originally Posted by Progbear View Post
    That apparently already happpened. Except the “wrong guy” turned out to be a 60 year old woman.
    That is excellent!

Pendulumswingingdoomsday Rune Blackwings's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe F. View Post
    I am happy to say there are no blackguards here, let alone rapscallions, ruffians or hooligans.
    "Alienated-so alien I go!"

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Of course they did.
    because, you know, such things are NEVER done based on race, so why implore anybody to condemn it

Quote Originally Posted by Rune Blackwings View Post
    because, you know, such things are NEVER done based on race, so why implore anybody to condemn it
    Not saying that it's NEVER based on race, just that it's not ALWAYS based on race.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Not saying that it's NEVER based on race, just that it's not ALWAYS based on race.
    Yeah. right.

Well, okay then.

Once again, it's just a media scare.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/weigel/20...is_a_myth.html
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

I can't believe it is only black kids doing this? It appears so from the news footage though. White and Asian kids must be doing it as well, no? How well respected and/or unbiased is that news channel? Is it possibly a right wing channel?

I don't really care who is doing it. It's wrong. But yet we will sit here and discuss it, Fox News will discuss it and it will be all over Facebook. Nothing will get done until 2 or 3 people die. Where are the parents for these kids roaming around doing this?Doesn't our education system teach anyone anything? Our society here in the U.S., or what passes for society, is in the toilet. Blame can be passed around to every one. Our system, from what I can tell, has failed.

Bill
    She'll be standing on the bar soon
    With a fish head and a harpoon
    and a fake beard plastered on her brow.

Quote Originally Posted by Adm.Kirk View Post
    I don't really care who is doing it. It's wrong. But yet we will sit here and discuss it, Fox News will discuss it and it will be all over Facebook. Nothing will get done until 2 or 3 people die. Where are the parents for these kids roaming around doing this?Doesn't our education system teach anyone anything? Our society here in the U.S., or what passes for society, is in the toilet. Blame can be passed around to every one. Our system, from what I can tell, has failed.

Bill

Actually, someone has now died from this "game".....I agree with you about the missing parents in this and our society in-general

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    Once again, it's just a media scare.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/weigel/20...is_a_myth.html
    Well, it might have been but the media may have now elevated it to a real phenomenon.