Thread: "Whore's Breakfast" the new album by The Rebel Wheel

"Whore's Breakfast" the new album by The Rebel Wheel

The Rebel Wheel has just released its latest album "Whore's Breakfast" today on Bandcamp. Instead of manufacturing CDs this time we thought it a good idea to just make the songs available as seperate downloads via our Bandcamp page.

The album's title refers to having coffee and cigarettes for breakfast and is a concept album; a seedy gritty city album about love, excess, obsessions, substance abuse, and the self-destructive denizens of the outer fringes of the art scene and the drug world.

Based around the core sound of guitar bass and drums Whore's Breakfast takes a decidedly punk attitude towards prog and jazz. The sound is relentless but is tempered with the softer contrasts of five-part vocal harmonies, chord solo jazz guitar pieces and a myriad of keyboard textures, all of which serve to create dramatic contrasts and some moments of peaceful illuminated clarity against the otherwise sweaty frenetic head-trip.

check it out here:

http://www.therebelwheel.com/
    Last edited by fictionmusic; 11-20-2013 at 10:15 PM.

Your first two albums are great, and this one sounds great too from your description. Trouble is, I'm a CD buyer/lover... that's how I listen to my music, and this one is doomed to be lost in the shuffle for me because I care little for mp3s (or any file format).
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

thanks for the kind words! I will probably manufacture a CD sometime early next year. I have all the templates and art-work all ready, it is really just a matter of time and circumstance right now

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Great title! Will definitely check this out.

Quote Originally Posted by fictionmusic View Post
    thanks for the kind words! I will probably manufacture a CD sometime early next year. I have all the templates and art-work all ready, it is really just a matter of time and circumstance right now
    That's when I'll jump in too, Dave!

Sounds great!
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Good news indeed...
    Deb S.
    The Prog-Rock Diner www.fcac.org/radio-fairfax
    SUNDAYS 10pm-12am EST

Thanks Deb....I am surprised at how well it is selling on Bandcamp! Should have done this long ago!

Congratulations on the new release, David! Glad to hear it's selling well for you. Wishing you great success!

Steve
    www.10trecords.com