Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Apologize

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    From what I've been told, anti-depressants DO work, at least to some degree. If you're considering "taking the easy way out" you should go get a doctor to prescribe some anti-depressants, and maybe anti-anxiety medication right away.
    Yes, some of them *DO* work - on *SOME* people. But they won't fix your shitty life or "put things right" by themselves. There's also a fine breach between depression and general unhappiness as based in the logics of harshness.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    If I had one too many I think I'd just fall asleep. I wouldn't get on a music forum and start pasting in Youtube URLs about WWII and talking ragtime.

As far as I know.
    Never heard the phrase "talking ragtime" before - I had to look it up! Funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post
    Yes, some of them *DO* work - on *SOME* people. But they won't fix your shitty life or "put things right" by themselves.
    They can possibly make it easier for one to do those things, though.

There's also a fine breach between depression and general unhappiness as based in the logics of harshness.
    So maybe things like anti-anxiety medication, or other kinds of medication, might be more useful than anti-depressants. I'm just saying, a doctor who prescribes these things has a whole arsenal at his disposal, and some of it might help, so make us of it if you're desperate.

Medication is part of the equation, but talking things out with a therapist is most important IMO.
    Yes your problems are yours, but you can have help with dealing with them. Staying
    away from people who are bad influences or who have negative personalities is a good idea as well.

so make us of it if you're desperate.
    You're desperate when suffering from severe anxiety disorders, but if/when you are struck by a major depression, the concept of endgame becomes a possible solution. Speaking for myself, I am not desperate - but I *AM* trying to hang in as a gesture towards my two sons. Although "fate" has it that I've pretty much failed both of them as well as their mums (one of whom remains a very close friend, even ten years after our divorce). This also means accepting the possible impact of medication, although it doesn't help me sleep - only barely lets me get through the day without collapsing (and I've already done that).
    Last edited by Scrotum Scissor; 11-20-2013 at 10:50 AM.
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Quote Originally Posted by rapidfirerob View Post
    Staying away from people who are bad influences or who have negative personalities is a good idea as well.
    Amen to that, but it can only do so much for you once you fall in love with those bastards.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    If I had one too many I think I'd just fall asleep. I wouldn't get on a music forum and start pasting in Youtube URLs about WWII and talking ragtime.
    Me neither. But I've witnessed a guy drinking a bottle of vodka, a bottle of wine and a six pick of beer (or even more) during the day before going on stage to sing. And then he got drank after the show. And I'm not exaggerating. Some people can drink a lot and still function. Not very well, but anyway. And yes, that guy had a serious drinking problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Flang View Post
    Me neither. But I've witnessed a guy drinking a bottle of vodka, a bottle of wine and a six pick of beer (or even more) during the day before going on stage to sing. And then he got drank after the show. And I'm not exaggerating. Some people can drink a lot and still function. Not very well, but anyway. And yes, that guy had a serious drinking problem.
    Sounds like Alice Cooper who was a functioning alcoholic!

Quote Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
    Sounds like Alice Cooper who was a functioning alcoholic!
    Well, he lost his head every night.

Quote Originally Posted by rapidfirerob View Post
    Medication is part of the equation, but talking things out with a therapist is most important IMO.
    Yeah, I suppose so.

You're desperate when suffering from severe axiety disorders, but if/when you are struck by a major depression, the concept of endgame becomes a possible solution. Speaking for myself, I am not desperate - but I *AM* trying to hang in as a gesture towards my two sons. Although "fate" has it that I've pretty much failed both of them as well as their mums (one of whom remains a very close friend, even ten years after our divorce). This also means accepting the possible impact of medication, although it doesn't help me sleep - only barely lets me get through the day without collapsing (and I've already done that).
    Well, I don't know the situation, but I really enjoy your posts - you always have a lot to contribute around here, so I'll bet you have a lot to offer your sons. As much as I'm not crazy about the idea of self-help books, etc., the guy who wrote the book that inspired Steve Hogarth to wrote the song Happiness is the Road had, I think, a good point. We often allow ourselves to be consumed by our past and to worry about the future, when neither one exists. All that exists is in the present, so it makes sense to focus on that most.

Anyway, good luck! You have friends here.

Anyway, good luck! You have friends here.

Hang in there, SS!
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Thx for the very nice words, guys - but please remember that this was another guy's thread!

I can only say that I know the downer of making an ass of oneself and the sheer process it takes to not only come to grips with it but to actually apologize, and I've had my share of negative human input which basically is "negative" if only for the reason that they lack the ability to say "I'm sorry for what I did, please let's make up and be friends". And when you reach a certain stage in life where you've tried to be "successful" but then instead come to realize that you can't keep up a decent employment, a relationship, a friendship, an endeavor or whatever - then age itself becomes a factor. You simply grow tired.

But hey, until other news - we're all hanging in here.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    I'd like to apologize too. I'm sorry.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Flang View Post
    Finland is a very young country with very little glorious history on it's own, besides WW II (and even that is a bit dubious). So, when a Finnish guy takes a few drinks and starts to talk about war, it's better to leave. Trust me.
    And yet, if the choice between the two repeating historical invaders (Sweden and Russia) had to be made, I'm pretty sure they'd go for Sweden (given 10% of the population of that origin... Just imagine what their brother country Estonia must feel towards Russia...

===============

Now that it's been settled, wouldn't it be better that the thread is moved to WOT or even better closed
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Drunken depression is bad either way, especially if coming down from a dramatic event in life - loss (be it through divorce or death or whatever), illness, unemployment. Middle age and general existential bitterness. It's an ongoing, everyday struggle. Even with a job and the proper assistance through prescriptions et al., the past can be an excrutiatingly hard nut to come to terms with. This has been my own fight for well over a year now, and it's been nasty and ugly.

The advice to try to stay out of forums when entoxicated can be a bitch as well, because the saddened mind longs for confirmation or even commitment. However, self-pity is your worst enemy - and the struggle essentially an internal one. Meaning that if you want to overcome it (which does NOT imply any moralist footnote as to whether or not you should be drinking in the first place) and prevail, you have to face it *alone*. And this is the toughest part of it. Know who your friends are, but realize their inevitable shortcomings in following you all the way. The destination is for you to reach - by yourself.
    Fight like a nordic tiger bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    And yet, if the choice between the two repeating historical invaders (Sweden and Russia) had to be made, I'm pretty sure they'd go for Sweden (given 10% of the population of that origin... Just imagine what their brother country Estonia must feel towards Russia...

===============

Now that it's been settled, wouldn't it be better that the thread is moved to WOT or even better closed
    Estonia - The most humiliated nation by U.S.S.R.

Thanks for all kind words.This is a forum of unique smart people.Instead of lynch mob.

Ed (Love the shadow)
    Thanks for the clip !

Seinfeld - The Apology

Brian Griffin
    Bro.Love David Bromberg

David Bromberg - sammy's song (1972)

Quote Originally Posted by Modry Effekt View Post
    Estonia - The most humiliated nation by U.S.S.R.
    how so more than the other two Baltic states??
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

I don't know what your problem is Modry Effekt but you are a big man to apologize that is for sure. And I have seen your posts you have great taste in music. I hope every thing works out well for you. We all make mistakes the trick is to learn from them and not to repeat them. Good luck brother.

Quote Originally Posted by old school View Post
    I don't know what your problem is Modry Effekt but you are a big man to apologize that is for sure. And I have seen your posts you have great taste in music. I hope every thing works out well for you. We all make mistakes the trick is to learn from them and not to repeat them. Good luck brother.
    Thanks old school.I do care for this community and people.My problem is alcohol,it has been since i was age 13.Current drinking streak started 17.10. I repeatly insult people here without any reason.Good luck brother.

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    how so more than the other two Baltic states??
    It's the smallest one and neighbouring to finland.Just emotional from my point of view.
    All the baltics suffered as ingrian finns.

Quote Originally Posted by Modry Effekt View Post
    Brian Griffin
    I enjoy your music related posts, and am a big history buff, (esp WWII), so believe it or not while they are out of place here I did enjoy the videos from that perspective

I hope you can get your high under control my man

All the best

BG
    "When Yes appeared on stage, it was like, the gods appearing from the heavens, deigning to play in front of the people."

The secret is to listen to only The Flower Kings when drunk.