Thread: Unreleased Zeppelin

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    With what? From what I gather, Rush doesn't have much in the way of unreleased material, other than Fancy Dancer. Does a multi-track recording of Fancy Dancer even exist?

For those guys to've been around *that* long, there's no Way there aren't *any* outtakes/ alternate versions of songs from various eras.

Hmmm... you'd think if there was anything really noteworthy in the vaults Coda would have been a better album, but we shall see!

PE Member Since 4/9/2002 NeonKnight's Avatar
    Nice, this sounds like really good news. Tell you what, I'm just as excited by the fact that Page went back to the original working mixes to come up with a "comprehensive upgrade" for each song.

If this is anything like the Roger Glover remix for Machine Head, I will be thrilled. Sounds like this may be something even beyond that idea.
    “Where words fail, music speaks.” - Hans Christian Anderson

Banned
    Just more teasing. No new news(there was even a previous thread about say box sets). The talk of Led Zepplin reissues has been going on for a while. Before Page said box sets. To me, that meant more than two discs. From the linked article, it looks like each Zep studio album will just be a double disc.

Hope this track will finally see the light.

Estimated Prophet notallwhowander's Avatar
    Well, a clam-shell box CD release (like Esoteric has done with some of their 3-4 disc releases) would be welcome. You cloud put in a couple of discs and a nice booklet, and have a very attractive package that looks nice on the shelf. I haven't upgraded my set since the first run of remasters, so I'll be interested in this. I hope he puts restores II a bit. I rather foolishly got rid of my original issue disc before getting the remaster, and realized I liked the sound of previous issue better. The one I have sounds good, but I don't think JPJ's bass was given justice.
    Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world.

I just hope that Page holds true to his promise that the catalog will see a proper vinyl release as well. He did make sure to point out the best way to listen to the O2 reunion release was on the vinyl version.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Banned
    Bump. I remember reading an article on the Ultimate Classic Rock website a day or so ago that the first three(or four) Zepplin albums would be reissued this year, and the next would arrive next year(2015). This is so the market won't be flooded with some many reissues at once, thus draining the fans' wallets so quickly. I also seem to remember JPJ being the reason for the reissues hold up. There is some stuff with JPJ on vocals that Jimmy wants out, but Jonesy does not.