Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chango

How can one not love their debut album???
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

Side 2 of the debut is a great side. Well, most of side one is also. The second one has some great music but isn't as solid as the first.

Listening again, and this is simply an INCREDIBLE record! It spins like a unified whole, reoccuring themes and so on, and indeed when those themes do occur, it's at the exact moments where you'd want them and to total avail of ecstatic impression.

This is arguably one of the very best "unknown" US albums from the mid-70s that I know, and that Hammond-organ is beyond belief throughout.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Quote Originally Posted by Fracktured View Post
    Side 2 of the debut is a great side. Well, most of side one is also. The second one has some great music but isn't as solid as the first.
    in some ways, their second album is a tad "proggier" (or at least more adventurous).

Love both of them, as they still get regular spins (right now they're in the car)
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.