Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Miley Twerked a Female Dwarf in Bondage Gear!!

I'm not saying I've ever been with a one armed female little person that looked like Pamela Anderson... but if I have it was the hottest thing ever.

Quote Originally Posted by trurl View Post
    People being offended offends me.
    You don't have to be so fucking offensive about it.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 3LockBox View Post
    I like my nominally talented pop tarts to be hot At least Brittney Spears was fun to look at.
    Exactly! I actually don't like when the term "pop tarts" is used, because it really indicates a double standard, but I agree the crux of the matter is that Miley is just not very attractive, yet the mistaken notion that she is is what she's trying to trade on. IMO it has nothing to do with her figure, which seems fine. It's her face, and that thing she does with her tongue (John Snow).

As far as Justin Timberlake, I've never really seen him perform - isn't he pretty much a white rapper? But he looks annoying as hell and it seems like he's had a shaved head since he was 17.

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    This thread has officially disappeared up its own ass

I hate Miley Cyrus and Justin Timberlake - lets talk about them some more!

Quote Originally Posted by Oreb View Post
    What's the problem? Seriously - she's using sex appeal to make money from teenie boppers: what's new about that?

The wowsers taking such exception to her remind me of the people who decided Elvis should only appear on TV from the waist up.
    Yup, she is getting exactly the reaction that she wants to get and is all over the news, web and entertainment press. Hell…..she is even being discussed on a progressive rock site. She is laughing all the way to the bank, and the teeny boppers dig it as they always have. Madonna was the queen of this type of marketing back in the day, and Miley is one of her many disciples.

Steve Sly

I just read an article on Huffington Post about Lady Gaga's marijuana addiction. So speaking of Lady Gaga, I've never seen her perform or speak, but always assumed when she performed (or all the time?) she affected the personna of an infant who holds a title of the peerage, because of the name Lady Gaga, and I'd hear she was all theatrical and whatnot. Is this correct? I always figured what else could it mean?

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    Originally Posted by trurl

People being offended offends me.
    I was going to unsubscribe yesterday, v-but I'lm glad I didn't because this is so very true...

I'm tired of people being offended at the least little thing... Long live Janet's tits at Superbowl halftime shows!!!

Tits and nudity are life... prudery is censorship
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

This thread has officially disappeared up its own ass
    wow. the Progressive Ears colonoscopy.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Lady Gaga'...
    I heard someone on radio yesterday call her 'Lady GaGA', accent on the 2nd 'ga'. that was odd, I thought.
    Last edited by davis; 11-14-2013 at 06:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    Yup, she is getting exactly the reaction that she wants to get and is all over the news, web and entertainment press. Hell…..she is even being discussed on a progressive rock site. She is laughing all the way to the bank, and the teeny boppers dig it as they always have. Madonna was the queen of this type of marketing back in the day, and Miley is one of her many disciples.

Steve Sly
    ya thats what i said from the beginning, shes not re-inventing the wheel here. and these marketing concepts do not just apply to female pop stars. many of the bands and artists that many people here grew up loving used many of the same types of marketing strategies aimed at crweating a buzz. a controversial buzz. a shocking buzz! as stupid and emmbarassing as you all thought it was - and adults everywhere wondered exactly what the hell she was doing, why would she kill her own career with such stupidity, guess what, she hot, and selling. you know why? because your thinking like 50 and 60 year old people, not like kids.

Quote Originally Posted by davis View Post
    wow. the Progressive Ears colonoscopy.

I heard someone on radio yesterday call her 'Lady GaGA', accent on the 2nd 'ga'. that was odd, I thought.
    The difference between PApa and PapA in Spanish is quite meaningful (one means father, the other potato
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

^ this was on English-speaking talk radio. that said, from now on ( or until I run it several feet into the ground) when I fix potatoes as part of a meal, I'm going to call it PApa's papAs.

Quote Originally Posted by Cats On Glue View Post
    ya thats what i said from the beginning, shes not re-inventing the wheel here. and these marketing concepts do not just apply to female pop stars. many of the bands and artists that many people here grew up loving used many of the same types of marketing strategies aimed at crweating a buzz. a controversial buzz. a shocking buzz! as stupid and emmbarassing as you all thought it was - and adults everywhere wondered exactly what the hell she was doing, why would she kill her own career with such stupidity, guess what, she hot, and selling. you know why? because your thinking like 50 and 60 year old people, not like kids.
    The follies of our youth, eh?

For me, it's not being prudish or pro-censorship. It's that I'm a little older & a little wiser. I'm not falling for the hype this time. "Hype" is, after all, nothing but smoke, mirrors, deception, misdirection. It is probably "fun" for many, & it certainly makes many people wealthy. But, at the end of the day, it's empty. As I said, I'm a little older & a little wiser & that is where I choose to be.
    I've got a bike you can ride it if you like

Well-said, Casey.

And I'm far from a prude, but I think there's still something to be said for decorum and "appropriate" behavior. Maybe being a parent has reinforced those thoughts.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post

And I'm far from a prude, but I think there's still something to be said for decorum and "appropriate" behavior. Maybe being a parent has reinforced those thoughts.
    finally some honesty and it's priceless. hahaha what have i been saying all along that you seem to find so bothersome? i could take your quote and it was probably used word for word by parents concerned about this elvis cat and his girating hips and what it might do to their innocent sock hop kids. thank you scott for finally agreeing with everything i been trying to say: it's all bad, lousy, innapropriate, stupid, embarassing, lacking decorum - because you have a different set of standards now that you are old. and all i been saying is that the standards of old people have never meant anything important in the music business. kids don't feel the same way. how relevant did i think my parents opinions were when i was getting in to my music? not at all. i was going to like the chuck berry, elvis, beatles and stones, and doors, and woodstock love and peace and dope etc even if they thought it was lacking decorum and innapropriate behavior for teenagers. i always commted to myself that i wouldn't fall in to that mold. i enjoy watching kids enjoy themselves and i let them be the determiner for the musid they like and the fun they have. could never be worse than what people my age experienced in the 60s and 70s. lolol

I don't agree with a single word you've said.

Quote Originally Posted by Cats on Glue
    i could take your quote and it was probably used word for word by parents concerned about this elvis cat and his girating hips and what it might do to their innocent sock hop kids.
    Maybe, but Elvis wasn't doing this consciously as a marketing gimmick - that was just how he danced and moved to his music. It was a natural thing for him. It wasn't forced, and wasn't a calculated move to generate controversy.

Quote Originally Posted by Cats on Glue
    it's all bad, lousy, innapropriate, stupid, embarassing, lacking decorum - because you have a different set of standards now that you are old.
    My age has nothing to do with it. I've never liked "shock for the sake of shock." I think it's stupid, and a last resort of the untalented.

Image means nothing to me, and never has. I've never bought an album from someone based on image, if I didn't already like their music. Bring some substance to the table, and we'll talk.

We don't agree here at all.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

^ That still doesn't make her attractive or talented. There are plenty of kids who think she's talentless and unattractive. I agree it doesn't really matter what we at PE think, but IMO Miley's product and marketing are far less effective than most similar products and their marketing. She's just not a quality product. She's shoddy merchandise.

Quote Originally Posted by davis View Post
    The other day on NPR I was listening to this woman read a news piece. She had no detectable accent, until she got to her last name and pronounced Gonzalez like she had lived in Spain her entire life - a really heavy accent on it. I cracked up and told my wife about it. She laughed too, and said it was like if she pronounced her maiden name, Hoffman, with a heavy German accent. Very true - there's no reason for it and it would sound super weird with most other accents, however with Hispanic last names it's pretty common to hear that in the news media. Just funny.

Sounds like she had Giada DiLaurentiis syndrome.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Maybe, but Elvis wasn't doing this consciously as a marketing gimmick - that was just how he danced and moved to his music. It was a natural thing for him.
    Nah, young Forrest Gump had to teach him how to do it.

Not to be outdone by a younger media vampire with a skinnier butt, Lady Gaga introduces her next opus, the world's first flying dress:

Isn't modern pop music great?!

^ I'm sure people thought that the fact that airplanes could land on & take off from ships was a silly idea with no potential when it was first demonstrated, but I'm scratching my head trying to figure out a purpose to Ms gag-A's latest presentation.

I agree with Scott. It's acceptable to have a different presentation. But the object of the presentation should have some substance to it to make it worth the effort & worth while. Shocking or, in the case of Ms. Miley, titillating for the sake of titillating serves no purpose other than to stir emotions. We've all seen these types before. They typically have a short lifespan, which is indicative of their intrinsic value.

All I can do is educate my children to think about making healthy -& smart- choices.

Cats-on-glue, I'm not sure you'll agree with me but, if not, at least we can agree to disagree.
    I've got a bike you can ride it if you like

Well, I don't have a problem with Miley being as "adult" and silly as she wants to be, and profiting thereof. The thing is though, my kid grew up with Hannah Montana and even though I hated the show it wasn't inappropriate. Now I have to keep her locked away from Miley because she's still very young and doesn't need to be exposed to this kind of thing yet. I think there's a backlash with her that didn't happen with Britteny and the others because Miley seemed genuinely kind of decent and likeable- she seemed like she wasn't going to go this cliche "I'M GROWN UP LOOK AT MY TITS! SMOKE DOPE!" route and maybe make it to her 30s with some sense of decorum. And she maybe could have been a nice role model. Oh well. Now as an old lech grownup, I say bring on the Miley lesbian fetish dwarf pron and whatever. Well, ok, not really.

So as to being offended, I'm not, not even remotely. I'm disappointed though.

I think there's a backlash with her that didn't happen with Britteny and the others because Miley seemed genuinely kind of decent and likeable- she seemed like she wasn't going to go this cliche "I'M GROWN UP LOOK AT MY TITS! SMOKE DOPE!" route and maybe make it to her 30s with some sense of decorum.
    I can understand the desire of these kinds of kid performers to eventually be seen to grow up. But it *is* kind of weird for Miley (or anyone else) to basically abandon any "fan base" or whatever that's been built up, and try to appeal to an entirely different audience. It's sort of like if these two had suddenly just started going at it (with the puppet):

Of course, you always have one generation passing the dwarf on to the next.

Last edited by JKL2000; 11-14-2013 at 03:44 PM.

Sleepy, Grumpy, Happy, Dopey, Sneezy, Bashful, Doc, and Sleazy.