Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Concert encores

Learned the first time I saw Ray Charles that he never did an encore. The second time I saw him we were there early and saw where his limo came in. When the show end, everyone was standing and screaming for an encore. We ran outside to where we saw the limo. He came out with his "driver" who was a gorilla in a suit and talked to us for about 5 minutes. Doesn't do autographs and we didn't get too close from fear of the flat-topped, twisted-nosed pop machine that drove the limo.

Saw Ted Nugent in Detroit. Did the first encore, came out and did a second. He was all over the place for the whole show. He ended the second encore by putting his Birdland on a stand with it feeding back and a spotlight on it with the curtains closed. The spotlight slowly got smaller as the feedback diminished until it was over and the lights came on. My friend said, "No human would be in good enough shape to come out again after that." About half the crowd left with the other half still wanting more. Suddenly the lights went out again, the curtain went up and Ted was running around like the madman he is ripping off a solo for about 10 minutes. It was insane.
    "The woods would be very silent if the only birds that sang were those who sang best..." - Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by gryphs also View Post
    Saw Ted Nugent in Detroit. Did the first encore, came out and did a second. He was all over the place for the whole show. He ended the second encore by putting his Birdland on a stand with it feeding back and a spotlight on it with the curtains closed. The spotlight slowly got smaller as the feedback diminished until it was over and the lights came on. My friend said, "No human would be in good enough shape to come out again after that." About half the crowd left with the other half still wanting more. Suddenly the lights went out again, the curtain went up and Ted was running around like the madman he is ripping off a solo for about 10 minutes. It was insane.
    I remember him doing the same thing at a concert here in Kalamazoo. Probably the same tour. Yea he was incredibly energetic back then.

Steve Sly