Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I found this community is highly interesting

My grandmother's sister was named Fanny (real name was Philomena). Never could figure out way they didn't just call her Philly instead of Fanny. When my brothers and I were little, we used to laugh when my dad said he was going to visit his aunt Fanny. Now I think of that Benny Bell song, "My Fanny." "Everyone wants to touch my Fanny; everyone wants to squeeze my Fanny." Borscht Belt humor; gotta love it.
    Lou

Looking forward to my day in court.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
    My grandmother's sister was named Fanny (real name was Philomena). Never could figure out way they didn't just call her Philly instead of Fanny. When my brothers and I were little, we used to laugh when my dad said he was going to visit his aunt Fanny. Now I think of that Benny Bell song, "My Fanny." "Everyone wants to touch my Fanny; everyone wants to squeeze my Fanny." Borscht Belt humor; gotta love it.
    My dad had a cousin Monroe. That always gave me a laugh - it's just a not a name that comes up that often. I also went to high school with a kid named Horatio, and he changed his name (unofficially, probably) to Ray. Who would name their kid Horatio in the 70s? It's actually kind of a cool name, but not to a bunch of teenagers.

My uncle is named Purvis, and we called him Uncle Purv.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    I found this community is high

There's a lot of desperation evident by perpetuating a thread obviously started by a previously banned asshat or an infantile troll (very little difference really).

I REALLY grew up, however, with a kid named Richie Kurtz. He was pretty tough so no one called him Dick.

I was REALLY almost engaged way back when to Linda Falek (pronounced exactly like phallic), and at 18 always called her "Symbol", which she hated.

Damn, I must be desperate.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Landing strip, Lemonade, Leather jacket, Lord Lucan, Lard, Low fox.