Thread: ROGER HODGSON, the voice of Supertramp, this Friday night at the BergenPAC - Oct 25

ROGER HODGSON, the voice of Supertramp, this Friday night at the BergenPAC - Oct 25

Anyone here going???

We were looking forward to it last year and then Sandy knocked it off the calendar.... this is the make-up date.

What a year it's been!

Don't miss ROGER HODGSON -- the voice of Supertramp -- this Friday night at the BergenPAC >>>

http://www.bergenpac.org/events/detail/roger-hodgson

I've seen him two years in a row out here in Seattle. It is a show not to be missed! Roger puts on a terrific performance.

I'll be there. Not really super excited but nice to be going to a show my wife is willing to attend for a change!

I'll be there also, I've had my tix (front row!) since the original date was cancelled, so I've been looking forward to this for quite awhile....

Mike

It was a great show last night, Hodgson is in fine voice, and his band is really great at recreating the Supertramp feel. Very clear sound and great songs.

Mike

I caught the show last night in Collingswood, NJ. It was the final night of the U.S. tour. Excellent song list (Supertramp and solo), excellent band and excellent sound. I can not come up with anything negative.

Agreed, Chris! I had the pleasure of seeing him perform out at Westbury, L.I., the night before. The only negative, however, was the final encore song, "It's Raining Again", was omitted (possibly due to time contraints). Oh well.

Ed
    www.myriadtrio.com
    www.facebook.com/MyriadtrioNY

I saw him in Albany a week ago. No set break and only Give a Little Bit for the encore. Also no Even in the Quietest Moments or Don't Leave Me Now. Oh well I heard Child of Vision and Fool's Overture so I'm a happy guy.

I also liked the song Death and a Zoo from one of his solo albums. That one and Fool's Overture werre the only songs where the drummer got to stretch out.

Roger's voice sounded good. He still hits those high notes.

I hope he releases a DVD of this tour. I saw him twice this year: once with orchestra and one with just his band. I have to say those were two of the best shows I saw this year! If you didn't get to see a show, you missed something really special!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wah3 View Post
    I also liked the song Death and a Zoo from one of his solo albums.
    Open the Door. Excellent record -- pretty much a lost Supertramp album. Trevor Rabin guests one on track, on guitar and backing vocals.

Roger's voice sounded good. He still hits those high notes.
    His voice has held up very well!