Thread: New Queen album?

New Queen album?

A NEW QUEEN ALBUM?:
    Posted earlier today at Brian May's Web site: "Talking to USA Today, Queen's Brian May tells the paper that "A new Queen album is also on the table, after uncovering some of the band's old forgotten tapes (which include collaborations between Michael Jackson and Freddie Mercury, the band's lead singer who died in 1991). "The music is there and it's great, and I think people will really enjoy it," May says of the album, which is aiming for a summer 2014 release. "We keep finding more and more tapes, so we'll certainly be working on stuff that sounds like new Queen tracks in the next few months. It's exciting."

A Queen album w/o Freddie would be like a Doors album w/o Jim, a Thin Lizzy album w/o Phil, and a Beatles album w/o John.
    In other words, rubbish!

Roger Deacon will have to buy a new bass!

Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    A Queen album w/o Freddie would be like a Doors album w/o Jim, a Thin Lizzy album w/o Phil, and a Beatles album w/o John.
    In other words, rubbish!
    But Freddie will be on it !

I can't imagine that there are lots of gems left available at the vaults. Considering the relatively poor content on the bonus discs on the recent remasters...
    And FM together with Jacko...this ain't no Queen for sure, 2 of these tracks have been leaked years ago.
    "Made in heaven" was a worthy end to the Queen-story. The story since is over IMO.

It's a pity Brian May doesn't record more solo-stuff, since he's such an unique guitar player!

Quote Originally Posted by trurl View Post
    Roger Deacon will have to buy a new bass!

Quote Originally Posted by ombasan View Post
    "Made in heaven" was a worthy end to the Queen-story. The story since is over IMO.

It's a pity Brian May doesn't record more solo-stuff, since he's such an unique guitar player!
    "Made In Heaven" was pretty good. I'm not crazy about the tunes themselves, but the arranging, production and performance was up to Queen's standards. Wish I could say the same about "The Cosmos Rocks."

I have both of Brian's solo albums and though I don't consider them "great," they each have some very strong moments. His singing is particularly good on them! I always liked his voice when he'd sing a track or two on a Queen album, but it has since evolved and he can really belt it out like a rock n' roll frontman now! Or at least he did on those two albums; they're old now and I don't know what kind of shape his voice is in currently.

Either way, consider me cautiously curious!

Oh, and btw, Turl, that'd be John Deacon. Maybe you were looking at the cover of "The Miracle" when you posted that.
    Last edited by No Pride; 10-17-2013 at 11:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ombasan View Post

Well said!
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by klothos View Post
    Uh... you know, Roger Deacon, John Taylor's brother!! I brain farted Anyway, he smashed both hos main basses onstage at the last gig as symbol he was retiring...

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    McCartney's work with Jacko went so well, why not Freddie?

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    McCartney's work with Jacko went so well, why not Freddie?
    I think it's the same track (State of Shock) he did with Jagger which wasn't great by any means !
    Last edited by Rufus; 10-17-2013 at 02:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
    I think it's the same track (State of Shock) he did with Jagger which wasn't great by any means !
    Same title, but I think Freddie said in one interview that the song that appeared on the Victory album was largely a different song.

No. Just no.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    No. Just no.
    Well, I guess the thread is done then.

Queen’s Roger Taylor has revealed that the band have been working on unreleased Queen material, including tracks Freddie Mercury recorded with Michael Jackson.

In conversation with Nicky Horne for tomorrow’s Classic Rock Magazine Show (Oct 24), 6-9pm on www.teamrockradio.com, Taylor comments:

“Brian especially has been active working on old tracks. A couple of tracks that Freddie did with Michael Jackson… They’ve been hanging around for years and years and Michael’s estate haven’t really been able to make their mind up about what to do with them. So we suggested we finish them and see. They’re pretty good – one of them is great.”

The tracks were recorded at Jackson’s home studio in 1983.

Hear a clip of the interview below. The full interview is broadcast on tonight’s (Oct 24) Classic Rock Magazine Show, from 7.30pm on www.teamrockradio.com

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
    Queen’s Roger Taylor has revealed that the band have been working on unreleased Queen material, including tracks Freddie Mercury recorded with Michael Jackson.

In conversation with Nicky Horne for tomorrow’s Classic Rock Magazine Show (Oct 24), 6-9pm on www.teamrockradio.com, Taylor comments:

“Brian especially has been active working on old tracks. A couple of tracks that Freddie did with Michael Jackson… They’ve been hanging around for years and years and Michael’s estate haven’t really been able to make their mind up about what to do with them. So we suggested we finish them and see. They’re pretty good – one of them is great.”

The tracks were recorded at Jackson’s home studio in 1983.

Hear a clip of the interview below. The full interview is broadcast on tonight’s (Oct 24) Classic Rock Magazine Show, from 7.30pm on www.teamrockradio.com
    I hope one of the unreleased tracks will be Silver Salmon.

it would be nice if Brian May worked on a new album. he seems to be doing everything ELSE these days.
    speaking of new albums, Roger Taylor has a new album getting released next month. he's also releasing a box set of all his solo albums and also albums by his band The Cross.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BravadoNJ View Post
    it would be nice if Brian May worked on a new album. he seems to be doing everything ELSE these days.
    speaking of new albums, Roger Taylor has a new album getting released next month. he's also releasing a box set of all his solo albums and also albums by his band The Cross.

Speaking of Roger, I've always liked this song(found it on YouTube many years ago), and wish it was on a CD. I remember hearing from a DJ many years ago that Roger was working on a solo album before Queen started the recording of News Of The World.