Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Syd Barrett Documentary

Quote Originally Posted by Casey View Post
    My favorite of solo Syd's is "Dominoes." What would THAT have sounded like if given the full-Floyd treatment! (Exclamation point; not question mark)
    You mean sort of like this?

(Interesting... never noticed before that Guy Pratt was playing a CS edition Ricky.)
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

I never heard/saw that video. Thank you. There's another one of Gilmour performing it at Meltdown 2002. I have that video. I just wish it went on for another 10 minutes in Floyd fashion: crescendo, space, repeat crescendo, fade. Ahhhh.
    I've got a bike you can ride it if you like

Had a great spin of The Madcap Laughs today. Simply wonderful. There is a vibe on this record that hits home with me - fuck the flashy technique and all that, and simply go from the heart, and I adore it. There is such a beautiful creative aspect in Syd's world, something that couldn't be taught in schools or even by other musicians, its an innate trait that made Syd who he was. I love the Floyd of course as well, but sometimes Piper is the peak of their creativity for me, and its because of Syd. Waters had a great mind as well, but his biting cynicism gets old when I'm not in the mood for it. On the other hand, Syd's magical child-like whimsy was irreplaceable and something that I never get tired of. Sometimes I wish I were a character living in his psychedelic fantasy world. Although worlds apart musically from Don Van Vliet, I think there are some parallels between these two fantastic brilliant minds.
    If it isn't Krautrock, it's krap.

"And it's only the giving
    That makes you what you are" - Ian Anderson

^^ It's an acquired taste, but quite delicious if you set aside all pretense and allow yourself to enjoy it.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

I hadn't seen that video of Gilmour doing "Dominoes", one of my favorite Barrett compositions. Nice. Say what you will, Syd had a talent.
    I've got a bike you can ride it if you like

Have You Got It Yet? The Story Of Syd Barrett And Pink Floyd was aired last week on Belgium tv. Although most of the interviews are done by the late Storm Thorgerson, the documentary is new.

https://www.sydbarrettfilm.com/