Thread: PBS Independent Lens: Don't Stop Believin'

PBS Independent Lens: Don't Stop Believin'

Don't Stop Believin' airs here on Monday on PBS you might want to check your own area for a listing of where and when it will show if interested. It's about a Journey cover band.

It's NOT a cover band, it's the actual band Journey. The doc is about the Filipino lead singer who replaced Steve Perry.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

I see, error corrected.

Thanks for the update. I had not kept up with Journey for years, other than to hear their hits on the radio from time to time. But the short TV ad I saw sounded interesting enough that I want to see it. The lead singer sounds amazingly close to Perry, and the band still sounds rockin'.

Quote Originally Posted by progmatist View Post
    It's NOT a cover band, it's the actual band Journey. The doc is about the Filipino lead singer who replaced Steve Perry.
    To be accurate, Steve Augeri was the one who replaced Steve Perry in Journey. Arnel Pineda then replaced Augeri.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerardo View Post
    To be accurate, Steve Augeri was the one who replaced Steve Perry in Journey. Arnel Pineda then replaced Augeri.
    Actually, I believe Jeff Scott Soto was in there between Augeri and Pineda if I remember my Journey history correctly.

Steve Sly

Quote Originally Posted by hippypants View Post
    I see, error corrected.

Thanks for the update. I had not kept up with Journey for years, other than to hear their hits on the radio from time to time. But the short TV ad I saw sounded interesting enough that I want to see it. The lead singer sounds amazingly close to Perry, and the band still sounds rockin'.
    Just saw them earlier in the year and Pineda was fantastic. He sang great and never stopped moving all over the stage all night. The two album that they have done with him are both good too.

Steve Sly

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    Actually, I believe Jeff Scott Soto was in there between Augeri and Pineda if I remember my Journey history correctly.

Steve Sly
    You are correct sir, he did although he didn't record an album with them. I was thinking more about the records rather than JSS as their touring replacement for Augeri. I actually saw JSS with Journey in Orlando at the old Amway Arena and he was decent but I thought he didn't fit. Months later after I saw that show, I read Soto was fired or something to that effect.