Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Seemingly Random Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Poisoned Youth View Post
    I think it's time to nuke Quebec!

(The REAL Cozy)
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    We are the Priests of the Temple of PE...
    Our great computers fill Duncan's basement!

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    The insulting comments though, I just don't understand. They really seem unwarranted. Do the moderators not want PE to be important to its members?
    Jed, this has been discussed several times, so there really isn't any point in re-hashing anything that's been said before. If you really think you've been insulted here, I apologize.

Let me put this to you another way, this site serves several thousand readers, not just the 50 people who post the most. Most people who come here want to read about or talk about the music they enjoy first and foremost in an environment that is generally civil. For the most part, PE has achieved that. The people who post the most frequently here tend to have an attachment to the site and tend to question things more. They also tend to think of themselves as content moderators (not saying that's a bad thing) and are typically the ones who report posts to us and ask us to moderate. But in the end, it's the purpose behind the site and the commitment to the 1,000s of readers and lurkers that we are focused on.

We've asked that people be conscience of what they post. We don't allow politics and religious discussion for the most part. There are still some that would scream "censorship" and have. But most are okay with it. But along with that, we encourage primarily music discussion here, but are fairly liberal about how far off topic we let that go. Sports and most other entertainment is an example of content we generally allow, especially when organized properly. But on PEv2, we would PM most of those discussions. Now that these are allowed on the WOT forum, it opens up the door to questions such as yours "if you allow sports, why not this...?" We do try to set some boundaries and - for the most part - most people just respect that. I am not sure what is gained by constantly questioning the way the site is run with threads like this - especially when I can say with some confidence that you won't be satisfied with the answer.

Again, I invite everyone to re-read the ToS:

http://www.progressiveears.org/pe_do...Earsv3_ToS.htm
    WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.