Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The Official Survivor Thread.

Right now the top 3 true Survivors are Ciera, Hayden and Tyson. All three have actively played the game, each from different vantages, Tyson from one of strength and numbers, Ciera from the margins of two alliances and Hayden as an individual. Hard to pick who should win if those are the three in final TC.

All the rest have either ridden coattails or done nothing to further there game, i.e. Monica. But there is still the returnee from RI! Monica has done nothing but won immunity, Gervase is Tyson's "yes-man" and Katie/Tina/Laura are just having fun.
    Duncan's going to make a Horns Emoticon!!!

PE Member Since 4/9/2002 NeonKnight's Avatar
    I am pulling for a dark horse - I love the way Laura is playing at RI and I hope she can get back in the game, and this time out play Cierra too. Though maybe she will just let her daughter win? That would suck.

I also found the editing when Tyson found the idol again to be very suspicious. He just runs away and finds the tree, and no one even thinks to chase him? Especially after he revealed he likes to keep his idol ways secret?
    “Where words fail, music speaks.” - Hans Christian Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by NeonKnight View Post
    I am pulling for a dark horse - I love the way Laura is playing at RI
    You know, I wasn't really thinking about "playing the game" at redemption island. I thought that Laura was helping Tina because they were friends. But do you think that Laura is trying to keep Tina alive because she thinks she can beat Tina at the final RI challenge?

I also found the editing when Tyson found the idol again to be very suspicious. He just runs away and finds the tree, and no one even thinks to chase him? Especially after he revealed he likes to keep his idol ways secret?
    Yeah, I thought that too. It didn't make any sense. I just figure they edited things out of turn. But then again, why THAT tree and why climb SO high? Seems a bit strange.

I am pulling for a dark horse - I love the way Laura is playing at RI and I hope she can get back in the game...

...and this time out play Cierra too...
    Regards,

Duncan

I think Laura is thinking of going against Tina at the final RI challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    I think Laura is thinking of going against Tina at the final RI challenge.
    Shouldn't we be seeing that next week? Amazing Race finale is this Sunday and the two shows are usually on the same schedule. So, that would be Survivor Wednesday gets done to 4 and then two-part finale the following Sunday.

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    I like the stone thing. It forces the question "are you committed enough to your decision to risk your own life over it". It's all part of "Surviving".

Ciera was willing to risk going out in a 1-in-3 crap shoot, rather than stick to her original alliance. I think it was a super-dumb move, to take that risk. She flipped to a new alliance to try to better her position from fourth to top three (that's a good move that I agree with). But then when it came to stones, Monica and Gervais were safe and Hayden was safe. Suddenly, her new alliance had a 50% higher chance of someone being voted out. Ciera or Katie vs. Tyson. A smart Ciera would have realized that and saved herself from possible eviction by just voting for Hayden.

I would have liked to see Ciera get the white stone. It would have served her right for being such a bonehead and risking her own life.

Not that we see many ties at TC, but only Cochran has ever had the balls to change his vote to not risk his own skin. It cost him his alliance, but it was the right move. Being a swing vote means that you aren’t really safe anywhere. You just need to get through one more TC.

Hayden played last week brilliantly! He was on the chopping block, packing his bags, and managed to not only persuade Ciera to flip sides, but to risk her life over his. WTF? He deserves to win just for that move.

Ehh...I understand why they do it...I just don't like it. It would be much fairer if it was the people that were tied for the vote to go pick stones, if stones need to be used. (It goes without saying that I prefer building a fire )
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

I was sorry to see Hayden go. I hope he makes it back in.

I'm on the Cierra bandwagon now. She's definitely wearing her ovaries on the outside now!
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Hayden comes back from redemption Island (which would be a dagger in the heart of Laura) and Ciera wins immunity. Tyson gets tossed out as Monica sides with Hayden and Ciera leaving the final 4 set. Gervais doesn't win final immunity and he is tossed. Hayden, Ciera and Monica are final 3. Ciera wins by a landslide and Monica receives no votes and immediately collapses on stage...head-first into the fire pit.

Cue the preview for the next installment-- Survivor: Hantz's vs. Cast of "Glee"

...well, I sorta hope Sunday plays out like that

Cue the preview for the next installment-- Survivor: Hantz's vs. Cast of "Glee"
    I just spewed coffee!

I was really impressed with Ciera this week. That girl has balls and I've changed my tune. I'd like to see her, Hayden, or Tyson win. And if Ciera is out fourth, well...she was out fourth in her alliance too. At least now she'll have the respect of the jury. I was not giving her enough credit in the past. She is a smart girl.

Monica won't win no matter who she goes to final three with and I think that she probably knows that. I think she'll stay loyal to her alliance. Her goal is to set an example for her kids. Loyalty is a better play, in that case, than stabbing your friends in the back to further your own situation.

The finale is tomorrow night and there is lots to cover. An RI thrual where the winner will return, putting the number of peeps in the game up to 5. Which means two immunity challenges and two TCs to get them down to three. Then the final TC where the jury gets to cast their votes. I really hope that means no rememberance/tribute walk. I hate that walk…it's boring.

Anyone care to make predictions?

Who's returning from RI?
    Who will the final three be?
    Who will win?

Step right up. Place your bets...

Not watching til later so I'm not cheating by answering after 8PM.

Laura will return.
    Tyson, Gervese, Monica will be the final three.
    Tyson will win.

Perhaps this is more desire than anything but so be it.

Correct me if I'm wrong ... but I think that EVERY time someone comes back from redemption Island, they get zapped out again almost immediately.
    Regards,

Duncan

All in all a good season. In the end I thought Tyson deserved to win.

Steve Sly

I agree that it was a good season.

Duncan, if they are going to keep redemption island, my thoughts would be to end it when there are 7 left. That way, things might even out and make people scramble. They scramble at the beginning of the game; they scramble at the merge; they would most likely do so with 7 left. Of course, they could just vote that person out immediately. I am sure some damage would be done and things might shift and make future games more interesting.

They sure revealed a lot in tribal councils this season. It seemed that Probst was pretty forward with his questioning. He often started the tc's by defining what the alliances were. He appeared to get right inside more than ever. I'm sure this was intentional by the producers to flesh out and expose the lines being drawn.

Here's one for ya:
    Do you think Tyson was already going to give the idol to Gervais at that tribal council, or he did so once he heard Monica blabber about wondering who she should side with? I haven't watched the reunion show so I don't know if this was talked about.

Tyson did good! I was rooting for Ciera the last part of the season. If she would have pulled off some way to get to final tribal, it might have been a close vote between her and Tyson.

Here's one for ya:
    Do you think Tyson was already going to give the idol to Gervais at that tribal council, or he did so once he heard Monica blabber about wondering who she should side with? I haven't watched the reunion show so I don't know if this was talked about.

I think it's because of what Monica said. I thought she was going to flip based on those comments until I heard what she said to the camera at the voting altar. Of course, Tyson wouldn't have heard that.

Also, I'll taje two out of three.

I'm glad Tyson won and I agree that it was a good season overall. Next season looks like it could be interesting, but I think it will be challenge dependent.

PE Member Since 4/9/2002 NeonKnight's Avatar
    Tyson deserved it.

I really enjoyed that final immunity challenge, really cool. After it was over, I had to rewind the DVR to read the clue. Something like " count the puzzle pieces, count the steps, count the stations? (I was not clear on that last clue) for the combo.

So after Tyson won both the final challenges, plus 100% of the hidden immunity idols, it was a given he was the heavy favorite. So much of a favorite, I noticed Jeff did not even ask Tyson any questions at the last couple TC's, it was all Monica, Tina, Ciera and Gervase.

I was pulling a little for Gervase there at the end, I like the guy, despite the ugly Iggles shirt, and I like the idea he was back after 13 years and an "OG" Survivor.

A good season overall, even if the vets were killing the newbies early on.

My guess for the new season: B B B

Beauties Battle Beasts?
    “Where words fail, music speaks.” - Hans Christian Anderson

My guess for the new season: B B B

Beauties Battle Beasts?
    No - they said it was Beauty, Brawn, Brains. I.e. probably 6 ex beauty-queen types, 5 athletes, and 6 highly cerebral types.
    Regards,

Duncan

Well, there were no big surprises last night. It went about how I expected it to go with the exception of Tina winning RI instead of Laura. I loved how Laura asked Tina to throw the challenge for her. That's was ballsy. That strategy can work earlier in the game when there is something to negotiate, but last night was live or die...no room to negotiate. And I give cudos to Monica for sticking to her guns and staying with her alliance. Although at that point she really had nothing to gain by jumping ship anyhow.

We had to PVR the show and didn't start watching it until about 10:00. Our PVR fucked up and we missed most of the jury questions. It was like a skipping record through the whole thing, but as soon as the PVR switched over to the live show, everything was fine again. I don't know what happened there, but I recorded it again at the Western time slot so I can watch the jury questions tonight (hopefully). I know that I already know the outcome, but that question period can sometimes be the most entertaining part of the show.

I had a good laugh at the live show when Jeff asked Kat and Hayden if they were still together and Kat responded by talking about her breast implants. Good lord that girl is clueless!

...Tina winning RI instead of Laura...
    Laura = hot mama!

...Kat responded by talking about her breast implants...
    Kat = total f***ing airheaded ditz!

I believe there will be some break-ups after last night:

Hayden/Kat, and Colton/(boyfriend - I forget his name).
    Regards,

Duncan

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan Glenday View Post
    I believe there will be some break-ups after last night:

Hayden/Kat, and Colton/(boyfriend - I forget his name).
    I'm with you on that Duncan. Both Hayden and Caleb could do so much better.

I loved the season but refused to watch the finale once I read Tyson had won. Too predictable. I really wanted this season to have some mystery, but by mid-season it was apparent Tyson wouldn't be unseated.