Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Official Survivor Thread.

PE Member Since 4/9/2002 NeonKnight's Avatar
    BTW, FA- Dalton refers to the RI setup as a "thruel".

Really remarkable how much better this season has been over the last few. That was a really weird poem/speech Culpepper recited to his wife on his way out...

Also, how frigging weird/strange was it to see Laura and Tina forget to get the puzzle pieces they needed for the challenge?

Very interesting behind the scenes explanation about how the challenges actually work by Dalton today:

How could this have happened? How could Tina and Laura swim out to retrieve something, only to return without it? It’s pretty incredible, especially considering what you do not see on the show. After Jeff Probst gives the tribes the quick instructions at the top of a challenge and says, “I’ll give you a couple of moments to strategize,” here’s what actually goes down. All the cameras — and there are a hell of a lot of them — go and reset to get in proper positioning for filming the challenge. While that happens, Probst and challenge producer John Kirhoffer walk each tribe individually through all aspects of the challenge. If there are knots or hooks that need to be undone underwater, they may even show you pictures of them so you know what to look out for. And, they answer questions. If you are unsure of a particular element of a challenge, you can ask and they will clarify.

Not only that, but there is also a person from the CBS standards and practices department listening in to every word on a headset. If Probst tells something to one tribe and somehow forgets to mention it to the other, this S&P person jumps in and alerts the host so that both tribes have equal information. This most often might happen if someone on one tribe asks a question, so Probst explains it to them, and then has to go back to the other tribe to make sure they get the same extra information. All of this is a long convoluted way of explaining that Tina and Laura really, really blew it on this one. Not only did they have the quick on-air Probst challenge instructions, but they also had the much more in-depth walk through and yet still managed to mess it up
    Also krazy Kat opened her mouth again, ensuring her doom, but I thought that was kind of a dumb move for this new tribe. Laura B is not in their alliance, screwed the challenge as badly as Tina, and she stinks at challenges. She should have been gone, in front of Kat and Vytas, since at least they are better at challenges.

BTW, from what I heard about last weeks' preview for this week, it is just one more example of why no one should watch the Survivor previews. Way too manipulative and misleading PR BS 99% of the time.
    “Where words fail, music speaks.” - Hans Christian Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by NeonKnight View Post
    BTW, FA- Dalton refers to the RI setup as a "thruel".
    Thanks. I used to read Dalton's reviews every week. I haven't done it in a couple of seasons. Where do I find him these days? I also miss Probst's post-air blogs. They were pretty informative and it was always interesting to hear his perspective on things.

I hate when they mix up the tribes pre-merge. It can totally screw up someone's game and save others who are not playing particularly well. I really think that it gives some people an unfair advantage. In this case Tina's daughter, as one of two women, was always at risk. Now, she's pretty much guaranteed to make it to the merge.

Kat should have kept her mouth shut. Vytas was the smart one. As much as he wanted to say stuff, he knew that keeping quiet was his best move. He was right. He might be my vote for the win right now.

Vytas played an excellent game last night, up until TC, where I thought he might have come on too strong .... but I was mistaken. Kat made the same mistake she criticized Monica for, strategizing.

Is anyone else sick of Tyson? His efforts to discredit Aras seemed obvious and contrived, I hope the rest of the group picks up on that.

My early pick to win, Vytas, followed by Aras and Tina.
    Duncan's going to make a Horns Emoticon!!!

Tyson is cocky, but he always has been.

I actually get a kick out of Tyson...most of the time. I hope Vytas sticks around, but he's the odd man out now.

This season has been a lot of fun!
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Glad Kat is gone. Besides her annoying 'pre-pubescent boy' voice, she is just worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Eric View Post
    Is anyone else sick of Tyson? His efforts to discredit Aras seemed obvious and contrived, I hope the rest of the group picks up on that
    I know they edited it to look like it was a non-stop bashing against Aras, but it was annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    Tyson is cocky, but he always has been.
    His smugness and superiority complex is what I do not like about him. I hope he does stay until final 5, and then gets the axe. I want him to survive enough to taste that end prize... but then he can hear, "I'm sorry Tyson, the tribe has spoken"

Well, the only thing about Vytas is unless he can get someone to be on his side he'll be the next to go, and I don't see any of the women breaking free of their alliance. You'd think they would have wanted to keep him around some just to win some of the competitions.

Quote Originally Posted by hippypants View Post
    Well, the only thing about Vytas is unless he can get someone to be on his side he'll be the next to go, and I don't see any of the women breaking free of their alliance. You'd think they would have wanted to keep him around some just to win some of the competitions.
    If the other tribe loses one of the next two challenges and he can convince the girls to vote off Tina's daughter, he should make it to the merge.

I finally watched Wednesday's episode. My dislike for Kat the whiner remains intact. That she says that she would switch with Hayden if he were willing just pissed me off. How selfish of her to be willing to take him out of the game when she obviously sucks at it…proven by the fact that she couldn't solve the puzzle fast enough. Hayden won Big Brother. He's good at the social game and he's physical. She is neither. Thank goodness she was smart enought to realize that he had a better shot at winning than she did. The only thing that I didn't like about that conversation was her talking about what a threat he is. If people weren't already realizing that (they probably are) then they might be taking another look at him now.

I was happy to see Laura B go before Vytas. What a bonehead move to tell Vytas that he was the one being voted out. Not that the move itself made much difference, but to do it without talking to her alliance was dumb. If she's so quick to tell Vytas the news, what other tidbits might she blab in the future at a time when it's more critical. It'll be interesting to see how far Vytas and Aras can make it after the merge.

Although I think the girls are dumb if they truly trust Vytas to stick with them after the merge. That will only happen if it benefits both Vytas and Aras.

That Monica is sure a whiny and paranoid one. Her and Kat going head-to-head would have been good!

I watched Dr. Phil this week because they had Survivor China winner, Todd Herzog on. He is a serious alcoholic now. What a mess. He was totally drunk on the show and, apparently, can't even get out of bed in the morning without having a drink first. It was heartbreaking to watch.

http://www.newsday.com/entertainment...phil-1.6458811

Wow, I just read some articles about him. What a mess he turned into. Very sad.

I was really enjoying this season with the blood vs water but this past episode was the sappiest ever. Way to much air time on the whole mother daughter situation and very little on the challenges and other strategies being developed. I'm hoping Tina and Laura don't make it back into the game as I've had enough of the loved ones scenario.

I'm not a fan of Tyson. But I love that he has not told anyone that he has the immunity idol. There have been plenty of instances where he could have told people and made things like deciding who to vote out, or how to split votes, easier but he's managed to work through those situations and keep his little secret intact. Now, could he get voted out with the idol in his hands, sure he can. But nobody is voting for him or trying to blindside him just to flush out the idol.

If the tribe decides to blindside him, as appears to be the red herring for next week, as long as he's hip to it, it'll be a fun tribal council when he plays the idol and his vote is the only one that counts!!!

I'm not a fan of Tyson. But I love that he has not told anyone that he has the immunity idol. There have been plenty of instances where he could have told people and made things like deciding who to vote out, or how to split votes, easier but he's managed to work through those situations and keep his little secret intact. Now, could he get voted out with the idol in his hands, sure he can. But nobody is voting for him or trying to blindside him just to flush out the idol.

If the tribe decides to blindside him, as appears to be the red herring for next week, as long as he's hip to it, it'll be a fun tribal council when he plays the idol and his vote is the only one that counts!!!
    QFT

I'm routing for Hayden now. Always go for the quiet one.

QFT

I'm routing for Hayden now. Always go for the quiet one.
    I'd like to see Hayden win. He's been playing a very smart game and he knows when to keep his mouth shut. At some point, however, somebody is going to clue in that Hayden won Big Brother using the same strategy and realize that he's a huge threat. The question is, will the realization come before it's too late?

I watched Dr. Phil this week because they had Survivor China winner, Todd Herzog on. He is a serious alcoholic now. What a mess. He was totally drunk on the show and, apparently, can't even get out of bed in the morning without having a drink first. It was heartbreaking to watch.

http://www.newsday.com/entertainment...phil-1.6458811
    Wow, did not see the episode, but this is really sad. I don't know that I have ever heard of anyone having a .5 plus alcohol content and living. His .26 thta he blew on the show could be fatal to some people.

Steve Sly

HAH! Tyson played the idol and didn't even need it. I wonder how many mistrusting eyebrows will be raised now? "What? He had the idol all along and didn't tell us?"

Tyson is a sure shot to win it if he get's to final three IMO. In fact, I would say right now that Tyson or Ciera could win it. If they made it to final three together, Tyson could outwit Ciera in the final round of questioning.

I was sorry to see Caleb go, but Caleb and Haydon made a rookie mistake to go against their alliance. Did they learn nothing from previous evictions?

HAH! Tyson played the idol and didn't even need it. I wonder how many mistrusting eyebrows will be raised now? "What? He had the idol all along and didn't tell us?"

Tyson is a sure shot to win it if he get's to final three IMO. In fact, I would say right now that Tyson or Ciera could win it. If they made it to final three together, Tyson could outwit Ciera in the final round of questioning.

I was sorry to see Caleb go, but Caleb and Haydon made a rookie mistake to go against their alliance. Did they learn nothing from previous evictions?
    Tyson has been so smug this season. It was just desserts for him to uselessly play the idol. But now Tyson's alliance is down to three, I don't count Monica as she seems to be a wildcard. So it is up to Hayden and Katie to lure Monica to their side, guaranteeing a top three finish, so they can at least tie the vote. They may even be able to lure Ciera as well seeing as how Tyson has been "outed" as a liar.

One thing I am super glad is that they didn't show one of those season summary episodes this week.

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Yeah, that might be the $1,000,000 mistake for Tyson. A shame too, as he was playing pretty damn well this time around. I wonder if he'll be able to find one without clues.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

Tyson has been so smug this season. It was just desserts for him to uselessly play the idol. But now Tyson's alliance is down to three, I don't count Monica as she seems to be a wildcard. So it is up to Hayden and Katie to lure Monica to their side, guaranteeing a top three finish, so they can at least tie the vote. They may even be able to lure Ciera as well seeing as how Tyson has been "outed" as a liar.

One thing I am super glad is that they didn't show one of those season summary episodes this week.
    We still have someone coming back from RI at some point too. That could easily be a swing vote.

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Although I wasn't upset at the outcome, I think the method used in drawing stones is horrendous.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobo Chang Ba View Post
    Although I wasn't upset at the outcome, I think the method used in drawing stones is horrendous.
    Agreed!! Why can't they continue to do the "build a fire" one? This rock choosing is beyond lame for a game of...survival.

Cierra really impressed me. I was 100% certain she would play it safe and vote to keep Monica. Good for her for not adhering to the pressure from the veterans.

Tyson is deserving of being the sole survivor, but I would love for Cierra to challenge that.

I hope Monica makes it to the end and gets no votes.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobo Chang Ba View Post
    I like the stone thing. It forces the question "are you committed enough to your decision to risk your own life over it". It's all part of "Surviving".

Ciera was willing to risk going out in a 1-in-3 crap shoot, rather than stick to her original alliance. I think it was a super-dumb move, to take that risk. She flipped to a new alliance to try to better her position from fourth to top three (that's a good move that I agree with). But then when it came to stones, Monica and Gervais were safe and Hayden was safe. Suddenly, her new alliance had a 50% higher chance of someone being voted out. Ciera or Katie vs. Tyson. A smart Ciera would have realized that and saved herself from possible eviction by just voting for Hayden.

I would have liked to see Ciera get the white stone. It would have served her right for being such a bonehead and risking her own life.

Not that we see many ties at TC, but only Cochran has ever had the balls to change his vote to not risk his own skin. It cost him his alliance, but it was the right move. Being a swing vote means that you aren’t really safe anywhere. You just need to get through one more TC.

Hayden played last week brilliantly! He was on the chopping block, packing his bags, and managed to not only persuade Ciera to flip sides, but to risk her life over his. WTF? He deserves to win just for that move.
    Last edited by ForeverAutumn; 12-06-2013 at 09:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    Agreed!! Why can't they continue to do the "build a fire" one? This rock choosing is beyond lame for a game of...survival.
    Where's the risk in that? There's no incentive to avoid ties with that method...no strategy. I vote for Tyson, you vote for Hayden, and they are the ones carrying all the risk. We're off the hook. With stones, you and I are fully still on the hook for our decisions. Are we both willing to save the people we voted for and put our own lives on the line? How strong are your convictions?

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno
    Cierra really impressed me. I was 100% certain she would play it safe and vote to keep Monica. Good for her for not adhering to the pressure from the veterans.

Tyson is deserving of being the sole survivor, but I would love for Cierra to challenge that.
    LOL Gruno! We usually agree on strategy. It looks like we're on total opposite ends of the spectrum on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno
    I hope Monica makes it to the end and gets no votes.
    I'd be okay with that. I don't think that she's had much strategy, but she's done very well in challenges.