Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: anything new coming out by end of year or is it dead to 2013

anything new coming out by end of year or is it dead to 2013

anything good to put on my to buy list for xmas.

New Scott Walker out in December.

Three Seasons "Understand The World"
    Antimatter "Fear Of A Unique Identity"
    Dave Brock "Looking For Love In The Lost Land Of Dreams"
    Hawkwind Light Orchestra (Dave Brock, Richard Chadwick and Niall Hone) "Stellar Variations"
    The Tea Club "Quickly Quickly Quickly"
    Lo-Fi Resistance "Chalk Lines"
    The Minstrel's Ghost "The Road to Avalon"
    Maze of Time "Masquerade Show"
    Various Artists "The ROME Pro(G)ject"
    Shadow Circus "On a Dark and Stormy Night"
    Antonius Rex "H.D." (Hyster Demon)
    Argos "Cruel Symmetry"
    The Gift "Land Of Shadows"
    Final Conflict "Return of the Artisan"

upd.
    Karfagen "Aleatorica"
    Last edited by mogilevs; 11-17-2012 at 01:28 PM.

The new Kompendium CD and the Downes Braide Association CD. I have the vinyl version of the DBA album and it is very good. Looking forward to picking up the CD as well.

Just released

Yugen - Mirrors
    Elephant9 - Atlantis
    Panzerpappa - Astromalist

Still waiting on, don't know if they'll be out in 2012.

Guapo
    Setna
    Ian

Beer, Soccer & Music - What else is there?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Just released

Guapo
    Setna
    Not in 2012 for either.
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

2 great ones that may not make it by end of the year:

Advent
    Thieves' Kitchen

For the jazz fans:

Frank Wess-Johnny Coles Quintet session from 1983-Two At The Top-with Kenny Barron-piano,Reggie Johnson-bass,Kenny Washington-drums.First time on cd(afaik),with another cd of a live session from 1988 with a different rhythm section.On Uptown records.I've ordered this from Uptown(i dug the LP).**Just released**

John Carter-Bobby Bradford Quartet-Flight For Four,the session on Flying Dutchman from 1969.The producer of International Phonograph(the folks who released Bill Dixon-Intents and Purposes and Julius Hemphill-Dogon AD) says he hopes to release this title by the end of the year.Lets hope so.
    Last edited by walt; 11-18-2012 at 10:31 AM.
    "please do not understand me too quickly"-andre gide

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post

Guapo
    Setna
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve F. View Post
    Not in 2012 for either.
    Guess I'll have to wait patiently until 2013
    Ian

There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

I definitely think that Argos album will be waiting for. Circles was superb and the samples I’ve heard have been promising. Karfagen are pretty cool, too. I’m surprised that there seems to be something of a “scene” in Ukraine these days.

-------------
    MIKE (a.k.a. "Progbear")

"Siento que debemos saber para el sueño de quién brillará esta luz
    o consagrar una propia estrella" --Alberto Felici

N.P.:“Bedrohung”-Flaming Bess/Tanz der Götter

The Anima Mundi DVD/live CD and reissue of their debut album may or may not be out before the end of the year.
    "And my name is Rick Emerson."--Jon Lord, May 22, 1974

A SyNphonic Collection:The stories of H.P. Lovecraft (Colossus/Musea Project) 3CD

[QUOTE=Progbear;7098]I definitely think that Argos album will be waiting for. Circles was superb and the samples I’ve heard have been promising.

-------------

Glad to hear of this. I like their first two albums quite a bit.

The second Diagonal was released and, apparently, it is a monster!

Being - Arrival the official release of this album, comes on December 12th.
    Nosound - At the Pier [EP]

sElf may release something, as Matt Mahaffey posted a 5 minute trailer the other day
    http://soundcloud.com/self-7/self-sampler

Quote Originally Posted by Zalmoxe View Post
    The second Diagonal was released and, apparently, it is a monster!
    Ordered, awaiting delivery. Also ordered debut release by Zoltan.
    Ian

If I'm not mistaken, the new Spock's Beard is coming before year's end. Am I wrong about that? Gruno?

Also, there are TWO more free covers that my band Pinnacle will be releasing before year's end - so far we've released only our cover of Rush's song Mission.

Quote Originally Posted by arabicadabra View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, the new Spock's Beard is coming before year's end. Am I wrong about that?
    They wrote at FB that it will be out in 2013 (first quarter if i'm not mistaken)

Quarkspace are hoping to get Spacefolds 12 out by the end of the year - hopefully by Christmas. Darren has to do a bit of Hopperizing (fuzz bass) and guitar work.
    Quarkspace on Facebook
    Church of Hed on Facebook
    TabMuse -- an online resource dedicated to iOS, Android, hardware, and desktop music apps and synths
    The Makes Words Work Blog

Any other thinkin' of this year as a weak one for our music?

Quote Originally Posted by N_Singh View Post
    New Scott Walker out in December.
    My most anticipated album of the year. It actually just leaked today. I will be picking up both the CD and vinyl.

I'm also looking forward to hear the debut full-length from Year Of The Goat entitled "Angels' Necropolis." Their sound can be compared to occult rock bands like Ghost, The Devil's Blood, Blood Ceremony, etc. They really remind me of Blue Oyster Cult. Here's a cut from their debut MLP:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSIoe6L_IDo

Quote Originally Posted by XanaFloyd View Post
    Great albums from Anglagard, Diagonal, Astra, Alamaailman Vasarat, Magma, Barrett Elmore, Motorpsycho, Sigh, Panzerpappa, Corima, Enslaved, Hidria Spacefolk, etc. IMO, this has been one of the better years of progressive music in years.

Quote Originally Posted by XanaFloyd View Post
    Holy crap, no! This year has seen an obscene wealth of releases from so many of my favorite artists. It seems like every time I turned around one of my faves was announcing a new release. Were all of them prog? No. Were all of them the best ever by the artists ? No?

No matter. There was still enough quality material that I am still enjoying and a number of others that are still on my shopping list to make 2012 an outstanding year in music.

Quote Originally Posted by katondepena View Post
    Great albums from Anglagard, Diagonal, Astra, Alamaailman Vasarat, Magma, Barrett Elmore, Motorpsycho, Sigh, Panzerpappa, Corima, Enslaved, Hidria Spacefolk, etc. IMO, this has been one of the better years of progressive music in years.
    Also the albums that I bought from 2012 (20-something releases) do not cross over with this list. Not one album in common, but we both thought it was a good year. That says a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Patelena396 View Post
    The new Kompendium CD and the Downes Braide Association CD. I have the vinyl version of the DBA album and it is very good. Looking forward to picking up the CD as well.
    The DBA album is now out on CD too. There's also Rick Wakeman's new version of Journey to the Centre of the Earth, the 30th anniversary version of Asia + the band's latest live CD/DVD, Resonance.

Henry
    Where Are They Now? Yes news: http://www.bondegezou.co.uk/wh_now.htm
    Blogdegezou, the accompanying blog: http://bondegezou.blogspot.com/