Thread: Poor Genetic Material A Day in June Progarchives review and more

Poor Genetic Material A Day in June Progarchives review and more

Dear all,
    Just a quick email to let you know that very favourable English reviews of our latest album "A Day in June" are starting to come in; here is the latest from Progarchives:
    http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=1027062

And here's another from Sea of Tranquility:
    http://www.seaoftranquility.org/revi...ntent&id=14712

Hope the reviews grab your attention and that you're willing to give our music a spin! The CD is available online at your favourite shop. Listen to samples on our soundcloud page (reduced quality, I'm afraid) and please let me know what you think!
    https://soundcloud.com/quixote-music...terial-oxen-of

All the best,
    Phil: PGM

All of those here who like symphonic prog with balls are missing a band with imo one of the best catalogs around.

For those (like me) who don't give lyrics short shrift when evaluating music, OP pgriffiths (along with Peter Nicholls) has the best enunciation & articulation I've ever heard in prog.

It's like my mother used to say long, long, long, long ago, "If you don't taste it, how do you know you won't like it?"
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Thanks for the plug, progeezer! It seems that with the flood of music getting released nowadays, it's hard for people to give music they haven't heard of a chance...maybe I need to revise our marketing stategy - next time, I'll paint myself pink and dance naked on a harpsichord singing "give us a listen, will ya?"
    All the best,
    Philip

Quote Originally Posted by pgriffiths View Post
    Thanks for the plug, progeezer! It seems that with the flood of music getting released nowadays, it's hard for people to give music they haven't heard of a chance...maybe I need to revise our marketing stategy - next time, I'll paint myself pink and dance naked on a harpsichord singing "give us a listen, will ya?"
    All the best,
    Philip
    Hi Philip
    I am the author of the progarchives review - thank you for reading it - and have gone back and reviewed 2 other albums, "Winter's edge" and "Leap into Fall". I don't wnat to give anything away but have a look. i am trying to figure out how PGM comes to be classified as prog related, and have made appeals to several other genre teams but mostly there has been no response. I regret that it has taken me over 10 years since hearing the name to hear the band, and this has something to do with descriptions not doing you justice, as well as the classification and even the comparison to British neo prog. Thank you and the band for the great music!!!
    Ken

Really enjoying this effort. Thanks guys.
    The older I get, the better I was.

I like a lot of the back catalog. Looking forward to hearing this one. Thanks for posting.

Hi guys,
    so glad to hear that you enjoyed the album; sorry for responding so late but haven't been on site for a while - maybe it's time to get off that harpsichord! ;-)
    All the best and help us make a dent by spreading the word,
    Phil

To those very intelligent people who've posted their approval of PGM, it's heartening to know that others appreciate this grossly under-appreciated band.

K Levine (my mother's maiden name was Cohen) - As you explore PGM's back catalogue (I have everything they've recorded - I think), please listen to the Spring Tidings album that contains one of my 5 favorite songs ever - "Tidings".

Oh yeah, Hi Phil!
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    To those very intelligent people who've posted their approval of PGM, it's heartening to know that others appreciate this grossly under-appreciated band.

K Levine (my mother's maiden name was Cohen) - As you explore PGM's back catalogue (I have everything they've recorded - I think), please listen to the Spring Tidings album that contains one of my 5 favorite songs ever - "Tidings".

Oh yeah, Hi Phil!
    loved spring tidings! My favourites were the one two punch of "April" and "Watercolours". Yeah "Tidings" is great too, like the best song Steve Hackett never did while with Genesis

By the way, PGM is now a full fledged member of crossover prog sub genre so we've dispensed with the "prog related" insult once and for all
    Underappreciated doesn't even come close to describing the situation - how about criminal negligence?

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    OP pgriffiths (along with Peter Nicholls) has the best enunciation & articulation I've ever heard in prog.
    You should hear his dad, Martin(Beggars Opera). But Phil is right behind!

Quote Originally Posted by Calabasas_Trafalgar View Post
    You should hear his dad, Martin(Beggars Opera). But Phil is right behind!
    Agreed. Basic Genetics.