Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: PE US Open Tennis thread

I'm all for tiebreaks in the fifth set.

It is especially cruel if its not the final.

It certainly affected Isner a few years ago.
    no tunes, no dynamics, no nosebone

It's cruel whether it's the final or not. It certainly finished Isner for the next round at Wimbledon that year. It's dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by rapidfirerob View Post
    You really think so? Rafa looks unbeatable. It will be great viewing.
    You were right Rob.

I missed the match due to work, but Rafa deserved it.
    The dude always looks hungry.

Rafa is a beast, and a decent player as well. I DVRed the match.
    He took the air out of Novak's balloon in the third set. It seemed a combination of being emotionally
    deflated, Rafa's aggression and play and possibly Nole being a bit tired from his long match with Stan Saturday.
    Some amazing points were played in that match!!!

It's incredible the level of tennis those two guys played! The angles, pace and retrieval ability of both players were astounding! The 4th set was a beat-down! That 54-shot rally in the second set?! Nuts!

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    I still want to bang Sharapova - I don't care about any steroids or whatnot.

Just saying...

I thinks she's a freaking cheater with those shrieks and now this to say nothing of her haughty persona. Good riddance! She probablly will just get a slap on the hand, though, rather than a 2 or 10 yr. suspension.

Given this news and the supposed match fixing, Pro Tennis has taken some hits lately!

Heading to Indian Wells to watch the tournament and play some golf this Friday through next Saturday!

I'd barely even heard of Sharapova: I don't care about her tennis or personna. I just want to bang her, and her having cheated doesn't change that.

I hope they tested Serena.

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarplyrjvb View Post
    I thinks she's a freaking cheater with those shrieks and now this to say nothing of her haughty persona. Good riddance! She probablly will just get a slap on the hand, though, rather than a 2 or 10 yr. suspension.

Given this news and the supposed match fixing, Pro Tennis has taken some hits lately!

Heading to Indian Wells to watch the tournament and play some golf this Friday through next Saturday!
    I've never been a fan of Sharadiva, but the posts for banging her is out of line. The shrieking makes her matches unwatchable for me without turning the volume way down, same with Azarenka. It is brutal watching the two of them play each other. Why is Maria playing Fed Cup for Russia when she hasn't lived there in many years? She should play for the US or no one. She's also into making every last dollar (not ruble) she possibly can. She's an American through and through at this point. She or someone in her camp should have checked the banned substance list. She needs to be suspended for a good period of time. It will be interesting to see what her suspension looks like.
    I'm hoping to make Indian Wells next year. I've never been there and never seen Roger play live. He's still The Man , for me, even though Novak wins most everything. My lousy new principal may force me into retirement this year, so going to Indian Wells next year would look great! I hope Roger is back on tour soon. Have fun in the desert for me!
    The match fixing is kind of a joke, by the way. It refers to lower ranked players of some years ago. I think this is a non issue. If it is an issue, let's see names.

I've never been a fan of Sharadiva, but the posts for banging her is out of line. The shrieking makes her matches unwatchable for me without turning the volume way down, same with Azarenka. It is brutal watching the two of them play each other. Why is Maria playing Fed Cup for Russia when she hasn't lived there in many years? She should play for the US or no one. She's also into making every last dollar (not ruble) she possibly can. She's an American through and through at this point. She or someone in her camp should have checked the banned substance list. She needs to be suspended for a good period of time. It will be interesting to see what her suspension looks like.
    I'm hoping to make Indian Wells next year. I've never been there and never seen Roger play live. He's still The Man , for me, even though Novak wins most everything. My lousy new principal may force me into retirement this year, so going to Indian Wells next year would look great! I hope Roger is back on tour soon. Have fun in the desert for me!
    The match fixing is kind of a joke, by the way. It refers to lower ranked players of some years ago. I think this is a non issue. If it is an issue, let's see names.
    I agree about Roger. I'd much rather see him, no matter what Novak does. He(and Gael Monfils)are the ones who always make it interesting. Maria is just in it for the money at this point. She can't beat anybody that's any good anymore, and this long layoff will just put butter on her toast. I'm really hoping they test Bouchard, she's another one that needs to go, like right now.

JKL, there are a lot of tennis stars more bangable than Sharapova. Check out Madison Keys, or Sabine Lisicki, or Garbone Muguruza!

Quote Originally Posted by Calabasas_Trafalgar View Post
    I agree about Roger. I'd much rather see him, no matter what Novak does. He(and Gael Monfils)are the ones who always make it interesting. Maria is just in it for the money at this point. She can't beat anybody that's any good anymore, and this long layoff will just put butter on her toast. I'm really hoping they test Bouchard, she's another one that needs to go, like right now.

JKL, there are a lot of tennis stars more bangable than Sharapova. Check out Madison Keys, or Sabine Lisicki, or Garbone Muguruza!
    Why the hate for Bouchard? She seems humble to me. If she can get her game together, she can be terrific. If Madison Keys can become a consistent player, many Grand Slams are in her future!

I think trying to second guess the Tennis authorities is out of line.

I've never seen her play (I didn't even know who she was before this story broke - you could have told me she was a soccer player and I'd have believed it). I haven't been to a tennis match since a 1970s Volvo tournament, where I met Jimmy Connors, Arthur Ashe, and Rod Laver!

Why the hate for Bouchard? She seems humble to me. If she can get her game together, she can be terrific. If Madison Keys can become a consistent player, many Grand Slams are in her future!
    Are you serious? I've never seen an athlete more full of themself in my life. She miraculously made it to the final at(the French? Wimbledon?)one year, and in the pre-final press conference, was saying "when I win my TENTH major..." That's humble to you????? Then she got trounced, and for the next two years ago, lost in the first or second round at virtually every event she entered. She's a creation of the press, nothing more, but I see her as the second coming of Anna Kournakova, but significantly less attractive.

Madison Keys has a great physical game. She needs to get something between the ears.

Are you judging these athletes on anything other than their results (and adherence to the rules)?

^^^In the case of the 3 I mentioned earlier, each has great legs and a nice ass, and Keys has enormous knockers too.

Quote Originally Posted by Calabasas_Trafalgar View Post
    ^^^In the case of the 3 I mentioned earlier, each has great legs and a nice ass, and Keys has enormous knockers too.
    Sabine Lisicki and Garbine Muguruza are both pretty, but that Madison Keys is not my type at all.

This is tennis discussion at its best!