Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jon Anderson & Transatlantic together!

Quote Originally Posted by itserik View Post
    I also hope this leads to some collaboration between JA, Roine and Neal. Zamran?
    Stolt and Anderson were remotely collaborating on a track a few years ago (i.e., they were put in touch, Anderson sent a demo over and Stolt worked on it), but this went nowhere: Anderson didn't pursue it.

Henry
    Where Are They Now? Yes news: http://www.bondegezou.co.uk/wh_now.htm
    Blogdegezou, the accompanying blog: http://bondegezou.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Garion81 View Post
    The whole prog listener syndrome (I know you are not a prog fan) that anything successful can't be good. Just becasue it is a hit does not automatically mean it is a bad song. Went through this with prog fans about Kansas for your years. The idea is to still make an accessible song fairly intricate.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    I would love to see video of them doing "Owner Of A Lonely Heart".
    I would imagine Neal could come up with an awesome YesWest medley featuring some awesome Gentle Giant style vocal parts.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bondegezou View Post
    Stolt and Anderson were remotely collaborating on a track a few years ago (i.e., they were put in touch, Anderson sent a demo over and Stolt worked on it), but this went nowhere: Anderson didn't pursue it.

Henry
    Why does this not surprise me? People want Anderson back in Yes, but it seems like Jon has a hard time fully committing to something.

Quote Originally Posted by Jubal View Post
    I would imagine Neal could come up with an awesome YesWest medley featuring some awesome Gentle Giant style vocal parts.
    They should do a version of Leave It with GG-styled vocal harmonies.

Quote Originally Posted by JIF View Post
    They should do a version of Leave It with GG-styled vocal harmonies.
    This would be really, really cool.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Banned
    It would be really cool for JA to do an album with TA as his backing band, then tour on it. If he lasts through the tour, then maybe Yes will rehire him.

It would be really cool for JA to do an album with TA as his backing band, then tour on it. If he lasts through the tour, then maybe Yes will rehire.
    Another great idea.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

So, I'm listening to the Anderson interview posted here, and there's a bit about Jon Anderson and "Violin Stories". Has this ever been released?????????

TAYES.jpg

This was from the BAF tour. When TA had a night off on the tour, they went to see a YES concert, and got backstage.

What that encore is going to be, is totally dependent on who has final say on the set list. If it's all up to TA, then they could opt for some fan favourites. If Jon Anderson has the final say, you can bet that you will get Owner, Roundabout and I've Seen All Good People.
    SymfoZone progressive rock radio show: www.symfozone.com

Quote Originally Posted by Man In The Mountain View Post
    TAYES.jpg

This was from the BAF tour. When TA had a night off on the tour, they went to see a YES concert, and got backstage.
    Look how clean-cut Portnoy looks.

TAYES.jpg

Jeez, Roine, smile! You're having your photo taken with two of your idols!
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Quote Originally Posted by N_Singh View Post
    So, I'm listening to the Anderson interview posted here, and there's a bit about Jon Anderson and "Violin Stories". Has this ever been released?????????
    No. Some of it (a lot of it, if I recall) was put on Facebook as a preview, but there's been no formal release.

Henry
    Where Are They Now? Yes news: http://www.bondegezou.co.uk/wh_now.htm
    Blogdegezou, the accompanying blog: http://bondegezou.blogspot.com/

Well, I wonder if Jon Anderson can actually live up to the quality of Transatlantic. I mean, they're arguably a more kick-ass prog band with more personality and chops than Yes have had since about 1978 (and I'm a fan of all Yes periods and line-ups, to varying degrees, right up to present day). But of course there's a part of me that would love to see Anderson healthy and delivering full-pelt with a really great band around him, even if just for one night. Fingers crossed this gets lives up to the potential, and gets documented properly for those of us who can't be there in person. ;-)
    Last edited by Dodie; 08-26-2013 at 04:45 PM.

There sure is a lot of huffing and puffing on this thread.

If I go on this cruise, I'm just going to sit back and enjoy the music. As far as I know, that's the whole point.

Banned
    TAYES.jpg

WTF, Mike cut his hair?

WTF, Mike cut his hair?
    Mike cut his hair in 2001! OMG!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Kcrimso View Post
    Mike cut his hair in 2001! OMG!
    Sorry, I thought that was a recent pic. Btw, Mike cut his hair in '99 or so.

Bridge across la la land. I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Garion81 View Post
    The whole prog listener syndrome (I know you are not a prog fan) that anything successful can't be good. Just becasue it is a hit does not automatically mean it is a bad song. Went through this with prog fans about Kansas for your years. The idea is to still make an accessible song fairly intricate.
    This is so true. And at the end of the day, I don't care much if someone else likes what I listen to, or not. On the same token, I won't discredit what others prefer. Unless it's that darn pop or country music.

Jon is more effective in a band and not as a solo artist which he's been doing for far too long, but I like to see him put together a great band and tour rather than sitting in on a band which has a four leading people already in it.

The problem is finding a group of people that can actually work with him.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Fracktured View Post
    Jon is more effective in a band and not as a solo artist which he's been doing for far too long, but I like to see him put together a great band and tour rather than sitting in on a band which has a four leading people already in it.
    So, you want Jon to be in charge of his own band?

So, you want Jon to be in charge of his own band?
    Seems plausible to me.

His solo band from around 1980 was hot stuff, I'd love to see him put together one of a similar caliber.