Thread: JOLLY FUNDRAISER!! SANDY WIPED OUT ALMOST EVERYTHING.

JOLLY FUNDRAISER!! SANDY WIPED OUT ALMOST EVERYTHING.

Just wanted to let everyone here know that Rosfest 2013 band "Jolly" lost
    everything in the Sandy storm in NYC. All their equipment, including their
    recording studio. As a fan, I wanted to let anyone that is interested know that
    they are doing a fundraiser, in the vein of Kickstarter, to raise money to
    replace their equipment. The site to help is/
    http://www.indiegogo.com/jollyband /Any help would be greatly appreciated by
    the band and fans alike.

Thanks, Larry

FYI - this thread was cleared by the mods before it was posted.

That said - the mods are currently discussing how to handle future 'benefit' threads.
    Regards,

Duncan

George Roldan (Rosfest Iggy for the few uninitiated) also sent an email to the Rosfest email list about this. The band is from Rockaway in Queens, which is where my parents would take me to the beach often every summer since I grew up just a few miles away. It didn't hurt that I also really like Jolly's music, so I felt compelled to help.

My good friends in Magic Pie gave me a very good idea of what it feels like to lose all your equipment (studio fire in Norway). Also the theft of some Black Bonzo equipment a few years back when they were in the US prompted an extemporaneous collection at Rosfest to help them as well, for which they were incredibly surprised and grateful.

There is a familial bond among most prog fans because we know that everyone else out there into other types of music thinks we're all nuts and nerds. Only some of us.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Guess I should have mentioned that this fundraiser is to also help fund their new music project: "The Audio Guide To Happiness - Part 2". to be released early next year if financially possible. Part 1 was top notch and hopefully Part 2 will follow in the same vein.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    There is a familial bond among most prog fans because we know that everyone else out there into other types of music thinks we're all nuts and nerds. Only some of us.
    Also, there's always the worry that a Mellotron might have been injured. Good luck to the guys in Jolly!

Any news on the Mellotron. Hope all is well.

Happy to see Jolly reached their minimum goal. Please continue to help them reach their ultimate goal.