Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Breaking Bad: Final Season

I love the idea of Talking "Fill in the Blank" shows but I can't stand Chris Hardwicke!
    Duncan's going to make a Horns Emoticon!!!

I too expected the GreyMatter confrontation to end differently. There may have been more powerful/poignant/humorous episodes, but this one was the final episode. I am satisfied with how everything played out, and perhaps in a month, after the glow of this season wears away, we can recall some of our favorite scenes.

I thought the finale was good and satisfying, although not as riveting as some of the other episodes in this final season, but I guess that's to be expected. You knew everyone that deserved it was going to get theirs and they had to wrap everything up.

I think my favorite moment (besides Jessie doing away with Todd) was when Walt finally admitted to Skylar, "I did it for me. I liked it. I was good at it. I felt alive." What I didn't expect was that she seemed to understand and even sympathize.

Jessie, the former loser ends up being the hero of the show! Interesting that as Walt was gradually "breaking bad," Jessie was actually "breaking good."

Don't let your meatloaf! Paulie's Avatar
    Just watched again. My biggest question comes from Gray Matter. Why did Walt take a payoff? Did I miss this?

Also, it takes a couple days to head out west from NH. I'd love to see that journey. The trials and tribulations and the details on how he got that gun

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie View Post
    Just watched again. My biggest question comes from Gray Matter. Why did Walt take a payoff? Did I miss this?
    I remember back in one of the DVD commentaries for either season 1 or 2, that Vince mentioned that they had originaly planned a whole back story arc on Gray Matter and what exactly happened, but they basically had so much other stuff packed into the show that they ran out of room and the majority of the back story was dropped.

Steve Sly

PE Member Since 4/9/2002 NeonKnight's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulie View Post

Also, it takes a couple days to head out west from NH. I'd love to see that journey. The trials and tribulations and the details on how he got that gun
    The Gray Matter history as been alluded to, but not really fully explained. We know that Walt and Gretchen used to be an item, then she went out on Walt with Elliot. Something about a vacation when Gretchen and Walt were together and Walt just packed up and left...

The gun we saw in the first episode flashforward this year. At the Denny's, he met Lawson in the men's room who gave him the keys for the Caddy.The M-60 was in the trunk. Lawson has provided guns before for Walt through Saul.
    “Where words fail, music speaks.” - Hans Christian Anderson

I know his source for the gun and the Caddy, I just would've liked to see that fleshed out a little more. Just a little. That and the trip cross-country.

PE Member Since 4/9/2002 NeonKnight's Avatar
    That's why folks like you (and me) are prime targets for the Complete series in a barrel which arrives 11/26. Lots of extras and editing room cuts included.

Vince mentioned on Talking Bad a scene at the gas station where Walt gets the new address for Gretchen and Elliot. A former HS student of his recognizes him, and they have a nice little encounter. Not in the boxset btw, since they never filmed it.

Also, AMC was notoriously cheap with Gilligan, and these last episodes were extended to 75 minutes already. Can't have everything...
    “Where words fail, music speaks.” - Hans Christian Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by NeonKnight View Post
    Vince mentioned on Talking Bad a scene at the gas station where Walt gets the new address for Gretchen and Elliot. A former HS student of his recognizes him, and they have a nice little encounter. Not in the boxset btw, since they never filmed it.
    The script pages will be included, so you can read it at least. They should have done some of that stuff radio-play style...

If you've got the fortitude to be able to poke a little fun at that which you love:

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    LOL!

Yo Bitches,

My son is being Jesse Pinkman for Halloween.

If I had Geezer's dome, I'd be Walter White.

I have the head, but I can't grow the 'stache.

Hey Trurl, my son lives in your town.
    Last edited by Camelogue; 10-16-2013 at 06:14 PM.

the whole gray matter thing was there to make walt an even more sympathetic chracter at the beginning. not only was he a dedicated teacher working for peanuts, he also refused or lost out on an opportunity for riches in the corporate world. made it easier to cheer for him as he started his venture. lol

i thought the last episode was really good, if not a little safe. fantastic series sad to see it end.

I might just have to watch the whole series again (3rd time). Man, I really miss this show. I'd sure like to see Jessie getting sucked back into the meth world, because the only skill he has is making meth and saying 'bitch' (and I'm not sure there actually is a job for that)

Cranston is returning to How I Met Your Mother.
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...ranston-636479

The Complete Series blu-ray barrel appears to be OOP. New ones are $500 on amazon. Anyone know if they're going to make more?

Looks like it's in stock and available at Walshart for $201.96.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    I assume this is no spoiler for this thread as it's from the end of the second to last season, but just in case:

*******SPOILER*********

Just watched the episode where Gus dies. Holy crap, that's about the craziest movie/TV death I've ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    I assume this is no spoiler for this thread as it's from the end of the second to last season, but just in case:

*******SPOILER*********

Just watched the episode where Gus dies. Holy crap, that's about the craziest movie/TV death I've ever seen.
    Yup, fantastic episode.

The new prequel series, "Better Call Saul" is scheduled to start in February.

Quote Originally Posted by Camelogue View Post

If I had Geezer's dome, I'd be Walter White.
    Just shave your head.

Quote Originally Posted by trurl View Post
    I have the head, but I can't grow the 'stache.
    Just take your pubic hair & superglue it to your upper lip.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Quote Originally Posted by Lou View Post
    The new prequel series, "Better Call Saul" is scheduled to start in February.
    I was wondering about that. Have not seen any hype about it so far.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    I was wondering about that. Have not seen any hype about it so far.
    They just started showing this earlier in the week.