Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Exciting times ahead this autumn/fall.

Exciting times ahead this autumn/fall.

There are some major releases coming up in the near future,including studio albums from Haken,Magenta,Thought Chamber,Dream Theater,Subsignal,John Lees BJH, and even something new from Clannad. Live albums/blu-ray/ dvd include Steve Hackett,Anathema,Flying Colors and at long last Dream Theatre's Live in Luna Park in november.What albums are you looking forward to hearing/ watching in the autumn/fall? And what other releases not mentioned should we look out for?

Glass Hammer should have an album out before the end of the year again, but we won't announce it until it's further along.

Quote Originally Posted by trurl View Post
    Glass Hammer should have an album out before the end of the year again, but we won't announce it until it's further along.
    TOO LATE! YOU JUST ANNOUNCED IT! Tracklist, times, cover, liner notes?? What's the concept? Who is singing? Is there an epic? Pre-orders yet? Special edition? What are the bonus tracks?

Really looking forward to the new Haken, and somewhat the new DT as well. The thing I look forward to most about fall when it comes to music though is the huge Jethro Tull phase I go through every year. Something about that band just works so well with the falling leaves and the smell of fireplaces...
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

I have hope that the next IZZ studio album might be ready by year's end - but Brian would know better than I!

Flamborough Head- Lost In Time
    Moon Safari- Himlabacken
    Also Eden- Redacted
    The Gift- Land Of Shadows
    Phideaux- Infernal

Plus, IQ is working on a new album, which, hopefully, will be out by years end.

Quote Originally Posted by emperorken View Post
    Phideaux- Infernal
    This one was supposed to be released last March (ie Spring equinox 2013 as announced by Phideaux)
    Since then, no news whatsoever. I sure hope it will be released soon!

Plus, IQ is working on a new album, which, hopefully, will be out by years end.
    I wouldn't count on it. IQ are known to always take more time than expected to finish albums. My understanding is that a release at the end of this year is wildly optimistic by the band's own admission.
    Not just a Genesis fanboy.

I'm looking forward most of all to the new Moon Safari album, although I'll probably also pick up the new Dream Theater, Magenta's 'The 27 Club', Big Big Train's forthcoming EP of new songs (or maybe I'll even bite the bullet and get 'Station Masters'), and perhaps I'll look into Maschine's debut. I've never listened to The Tangent, but I'm curious to hear Le Sacre du Travail.

Regarding those of uncertain date / works in progress, I'm looking forward most of all to Frost's long-awaited third album and Transatlantic's fourth.

I realise some of us would rather hear a remastered, 5.1 mix of Yes out-takes from 1973 featuring Jon Anderson and Chris Squire farting in a paper bag during an Alan White timpani solo. But as for me, I'm more excited these days by Moon Safari and Frost than any of the old guard (much as though I still love 'em).

Quote Originally Posted by Dodie View Post
    Big Big Train's forthcoming EP of new songs (or maybe I'll even bite the bullet and get 'Station Masters')
    You meant English Electric - Full Power, I think.

The Station masters compilation is scheduled for 2014.
    Not just a Genesis fanboy.

I'm looking forward most of all to the new Moon Safari album, although I'll probably also pick up the new Dream Theater, Magenta's 'The 27 Club', Big Big Train's forthcoming EP of new songs (or maybe I'll even bite the bullet and get 'Station Masters'), and perhaps I'll look into Maschine's debut. I've never listened to The Tangent, but I'm curious to hear Le Sacre du Travail.

Regarding those of uncertain date / works in progress, I'm looking forward most of all to Frost's long-awaited third album and Transatlantic's fourth.

I realise some of us would rather hear a remastered, 5.1 mix of Yes out-takes from 1973 featuring Jon Anderson and Chris Squire farting in a paper bag during an Alan White timpani solo. But as for me, I'm more excited these days by Moon Safari and Frost than any of the old guard (much as though I still love 'em).
    The new Frost should be out only next summer. There have been several delays, I was hoping for this year but not so long ago Jem Godfrey said that the plan now is to release the next album in 2014. At first it was only one album, some songs were already posted (they were amazing), but now they are planning to make new Frost records in 2014, 2015 and 2016 - so the next three years there should be a new album. I don't know if some of the posted songs will be on the 2014 record, when the record will exactly be released and if they really will make those three albums because as I understand it, Jem is also busy with other things, so it takes some time to release new music.

I'm expecting italian prog metalers Astra to release a new album. Anubis Gate should be interesting. Also Haken, Moon Safari and the Sherinian Portnoy Sheenan and Mccalpine Live DVD. Levin Minnemann Rudess should be interesting. Maybe Seventh Wonder will release a new record.
    Hoping for the new Advent album. Also would be great if Magellan released something in one or another form. The new A.C.T should be good.

Ayreon, Aisles, Freedom To Glide, Touchstone.

And really hoping for another new album from Presto Ballet in the near future.

touring are hawkwind, goblin w secret chiefs 3, queens of the stone age, legendary pink dots and more

Quote Originally Posted by selmer View Post
    I'm expecting italian prog metalers Astra to release a new album.
    Astra is also a space prog band from San Diego that released the excellent "The Black Chord" last year. Not familiar with the metal band.

I realise some of us would rather hear a remastered, 5.1 mix of Yes out-takes from 1973 featuring Jon Anderson and Chris Squire farting in a paper bag during an Alan White timpani solo.
    funny.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    New Roy Harper, remixed Vapor Trails

Phideaux- Infernal
    Oh, definitely this!

I' Levin Minnemann Rudess
    Yep, looking forward to this as well. Should ship in less than two weeks I think...?

Quote Originally Posted by Guess Who View Post
    Ayreon
    Definitely this as well. Featuring Keith Emerson on keys!

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    remixed Vapor Trails
    Oh HELL yes. Pre-ordered as soon as was humanly possible.

Astra is also a space prog band from San Diego that released the excellent "The Black Chord" last year. Not familiar with the metal band.
    Yes, and don't forget their excellent debut album The Weirding. Great, great stuff.
    Last edited by Progatron; 08-20-2013 at 05:48 PM.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Wow a lot of good ones coming. Especially I welcome a new Glass Hammer and Phideaux. I believe the new Advent is getting closer!!

By the way, for any interested, the new Cirrus Bay, 'The Search For Joy' should be out early in 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by bill g View Post
    By the way, for any interested, the new Cirrus Bay, 'The Search For Joy' should be out early in 2014.
    Interested!

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    RIO Festival - Guapo, Present, UZ, Cheer-Accident, Mirthkon, Aranis, Faust
    Soleil Zeuhl Festival - Neom, Setna, Unit Wail, Scherzoo
    ProgDay - Corima, Miriodor, Oblivion Sun, Simakdialog
    Hawkwind
    Goblin
    Secret Chiefs 3

Now that's what I'm doing.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Koreabruce View Post
    Interested!
    + 1.

funny.
    I know about the space rock band, like them as well. There is also a band from Italy with the same name. They play metal, nothing very original but I like them.

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    Oh, definitely this!

Yep, looking forward to this as well. Should ship in less than two weeks I think...?

Definitely this as well. Featuring Keith Emerson on keys!

Oh HELL yes. Pre-ordered as soon as was humanly possible.

Yes, and don't forget their excellent debut album The Weirding. Great, great stuff.
    I didn't know that Emerson will be on the next Ayreon release. That's a bonus. I guess he will be only on a track or two, as most artists on those Lucassen records.

Quote Originally Posted by LeFrog View Post
    You meant English Electric - Full Power, I think.
    Oops, yes, of course - that's what I meant.

The new Frost should be out only next summer.
    Sure - hence why I said I'm excited about a work in progress. But it can be confusing keeping up with what Jem plans for Frost. What was going to be the double-concept album released in two volumes has been put further back (i.e. it was the new album until Jem decided to another separate album of songs first in order to tie-up the three album deal with Inside Out). There's also the "live" DVD coming sometime too. But in the Frostiverse, one never counts chickens until they hatch. This month, it seems like the next few years will see some intensive Frost activity. But in six months Jem might put the band on ice again. Who knows? ;-)

Oops, yes, of course - that's what I meant.

Sure - hence why I said I'm excited about a work in progress. But it can be confusing keeping up with what Jem plans for Frost. What was going to be the double-concept album released in two volumes has been put further back (i.e. it was the new album until Jem decided to another separate album of songs first in order to tie-up the three album deal with Inside Out). There's also the "live" DVD coming sometime too. But in the Frostiverse, one never counts chickens until they hatch. This month, it seems like the next few years will see some intensive Frost activity. But in six months Jem might put the band on ice again. Who knows? ;-)
    Yes, I agree with you - the problem is that there are three albums planned but you never know if all of it will be released. I was a bit dissappointed that he initally planned to do that announced record and then postponed it and decided to first release something else, a different one. I like their first one a lot, the second has some good songs but overall it's not so good as the first. Then there was the song "The Dividing Line" on the Live album which I like a lot.
    Those two new songs that he posted on the website were really great so I'm hopeful of some interesting material.

Helmet of Gnats are currently mixing their NEARfest Apocalypse gig for release.
    no tunes, no dynamics, no nosebone