Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Rock Band's Plane Makes Emergency Landing"

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by malterb View Post
    I was at the Wauconda show, the one Ratt and Dokken almost missed:

Personally I liked Warrant the most, I was surprised I knew as much of their set. Lita Ford was good, but she really can't sing well. Kip Winger is a really good musician, but was disappointed it was his solo, would have liked to have seen Rod Morgenteen. Dokken was fine, althought he talks too much between songs and a lot about the fire in the cockpit. Sebastian Bach was, well, either a real ass or just trying to get the crowd rowdy. It was a rather mellow crowd and he is very hyper and does put a lot of effort into his act. But he was chiding the audience and rally making fun of everyone. At one point he said to the Audience that he really does not care.

Left before Ratt as I had four 15 year olds with me and they were tired, plus I have seen them a few times so no biggie. Overall I had a good time.
    Since Don is 60, I'm still surprised that he has fire in his cockpit.

Quote Originally Posted by HealthyNational View Post
    Just based on that wording I thought they had their own jet too. Bet in the beginning they did.
    Doubtful.

Even in their heyday, Zep always chartered their Jet. This was a service certain bands used. The charter company would put the name of the band on the jet of the group renting it. IIRC, Deep Purple and the Stones also chartered the same jet, though I may be mistaken.

Banned
    I saw a recent interview with Dennis Provisor of Grass Roots fame, where he talked about when he and the drummer (Rick Coonce) missed their flight to an Atlanta show. They were told to get there by any means, so they managed to charter Elvis' private jet at a cost which put the tour in the red. I'm sure that's an exaggeration, although the Grass Roots were arguably one of the most successful bands at the time and they didn't have their own plane. Elvis, on the other hand, could afford an airline.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe F. View Post
    Doubtful.

Even in their heyday, Zep always chartered their Jet. This was a service certain bands used. The charter company would put the name of the band on the jet of the group renting it. IIRC, Deep Purple and the Stones also chartered the same jet, though I may be mistaken.
    Wasn't the jet called the Mothership?