Thread: OUT OF THE BEARDSPACE Performs at ProgDay 2013!

OUT OF THE BEARDSPACE Performs at ProgDay 2013!

OUT OF THE BEARDSPACE Performs at ProgDay 2013!

“This is quirky, offbeat stuff, filled with twisting time signatures, intriguing jazzy bits, noodling solo passages, gorgeous and quite poppy vocal harmonies...Whether it's the straight Canterbury styled prog of the "Train Ride Samba" suite (National Health meets Gryphon anyone?), the grungy prog of "Grungadelic," or the ripping prog-fusion of "Jasmine," complete with some scorching Zappa/Petrucci styled guitar solos, there's intriguing music at just about every corner...a can't miss for any prog fan.”
    - Peter Pardo, SEA OF TRANQUILITY

OUT OF THE BEARDSPACE is a six piece progressive rock outfit from South Jersey that formed in 2010. They moved into a house together in 2011, and later spent 6 months living on a mountain/farm in Virginia, growing their own food, playing music and practicing sustainable living. They returned more committed than ever to the band and its music. After two EPs and one album, the band has become known for it's eclectic vision that features a mix of musical styles and approaches, all presented with skilled musicianship and finesse.

OUT OF THE BEARDSPACE (US) will join CORIMA (US), OBLIVION SUN (US), HERD OF INSTINCT (US), MIRIODOR (Canada), THANK YOU SCIENTIST (US) and SIMAKDIALOG (Indonesia) at ProgDay 2013, the nineteenth edition of the world's longest running progressive rock festival. ProgDay 2013 will take place on Saturday, August 31st, and Sunday, September 1st, at Storybook Farm in Chapel Hill, North Carolina. For more information, and to hear music from all of this year's bands, please visit us at www.progday.net.

Thanks!

Michael

---------------

www.progday.net
    www.michaelbennett.com

Yay, almost a full dancecard.
    This is going to be a long 2 weeks of waiting.

mark
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
    -- Aristotle
    Nostalgia, you know, ain't what it used to be. Furthermore, they tells me, it never was.
    “A Man Who Does Not Read Has No Appreciable Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read” - Mark Twain

Never heard of them AND can hardly wait to hear them.
    There's lots of things to love about ProgDay, with exposure to new bands being a big attraction for me.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Never heard of them, off to check them out, description sounds interesting.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Never heard of them, off to check them out, description sounds interesting.
    Same here. Looking forward to seeing them. As with other bands I don't know, I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised.
    Lou

Looking forward to my day in court.

We are looking forward to playing a Prog Day! Please take a minute and check out our new music video! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKf8ZD47EeY