Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RIP Alan Lanier

Banned
    I am currently listening to the remastered version of Agents Of Fortune, and Alan's vocal on Dance The Night Away kinda reminds me of John Lennon.

RIP Allen. Glad I got to see BOC while he was in the band.

Played a Blue Öyster Cult set on tonight's Journey Of The Sorcerer's Apprentice. I played several of Allen's song, including In Thee, Searching For Celine, and a Secret Treaties outtake called Mes Dames Sarat. I also threw in the Five Guitars arrangement of Golden Age Of Leather, as well as Redeemed and Don't Turn Your Back, both of which Allen co-wrote.

I was lucky enough to see Blue Öyster Cult twice, back in the 90's, when Allen was still in the band. They played a great set each time, doing stuff like Stairway To The Stars, ETI, Golden Age Of Leather, The Red And The Black, etc.

My favorite all-time band... I'm really feeling this loss. Such a huge part of my life, and Lanier was such an integral element to this band during their peak years. I especially love his work on the last 2 LPs with the original lineup, 'Cultosaurus' & 'Fire'. I saw them 15 times around this era, all memorable shows. R.I.P. Allen.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Tangento; 08-17-2013 at 03:49 AM.
    -----------

"You have the option to drill additional holes in the label,
    causing the record to rotate off the side of the turntable"

-Tom Ellard - Severed Heads