Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A. C. T ... V

A. C. T ... V

Anyone else looking forward to this?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

I really enjoyed both "Last Epic" and "Silence." Some of the samples they were playing in their "making of" videos sounded promising!

Me me ME!!! I discovered A.C.T the same year I discovered IZZ and like them just as much! The weekly prog selection I contribute to an internet radio show (Jawdy's Basement on SHRock) was the epic Consequences from Silence two weeks ago. I am chomping at the bit to hear what they've come up with now. Thanks for sharing this!

Very good and interesting band where some bombast and hard edged music goes together with vocal harmonies. How can anything like that go wrong?
    Looking forward to this as much as Moon Safari, Advent and hopefully in the near future also Brighteye Brison.
    Btw, has there been any info on when it will be out? I understand that this summer they did mixing and the final touches on it.

I only have Last Epic, and love it. I played it a lot when it came out, but haven't really revisited it much lately. I honestly didn't even know these guys were still together. I'm going to have to update my catalog.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Big fan here. Hard to believe it's been almost seven (!) years since Silence was released. To my ears, they sound like a cross between Dream Theater and Jellyfish.

Quote Originally Posted by dregsfan View Post
    Big fan here. Hard to believe it's been almost seven (!) years since Silence was released. To my ears, they sound like a cross between Dream Theater and Jellyfish.
    That is a great description!

Definitely looking forward to this! Was there any mention of a release date?

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    I only have Last Epic, and love it. I played it a lot when it came out, but haven't really revisited it much lately. I honestly didn't even know these guys were still together. I'm going to have to update my catalog.
    Imaginary Friends (the one before The Last Epic) and Silence (the one after) would surely be to your liking as well.

Thanks - those are the ones I need to pick up.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    It's just that they have been rather silent since the release of the last album which has been in development for quiet some time.

You need 'em all, Scott -- they haven't made any bad albums, IMO.

LOVED Last Epic- - - - played it to death when it first came out and still revisit it periodically. I also enjoyed Imaginary Friends and Silence, but the combination of heavy guitar/drums, killer vocal harmonies, and stop-on-a-dime quirkiness on display in Last Epic really appealed to me. I'll be interested to hear what the latest one sounds like! - - - - - Jeff

Progstreaming-webmaster Sunhillow's Avatar
    I'm curious to know on which label this will be out. Maybe that's the reason why we have to wait so long; they're still shopping. It could imagine InsideOut lost interest, and I don't think it's a good fit either. I'm thinking this band would be a perfect fit for 10tRecords. They know perfectly well how to manage this kind of progrock.

I heard some samples of vocal harmonies on their FB page. Really really good stuff.

Glad to hear there is a new album coming. I was wondering if they were still even together.

Pretty sure they took an extended hiatus after Silence in 2006, but I am thrilled that they've reunited and are making new music. They are one of the most entertaining groups I've ever had the pleasure of hearing. I played their CDs excessively back in 2009 when I found out about them.

Have they said anything about how far along the new album is?

Last I saw on FB was it was at least in the mixing stage.

It should be out in the near future.

Been patiently awaiting this one as well, love everything they have done thus far, especially since getting drummer Thomas Lejon, a most underappreciated player. If you like hooked filled proggy pop, try these Australian bands:

http://toehider.bandcamp.com/

http://caligulashorse.com/

I'm surprised this band isn't talked about more here. Their blend of technicality, songcraft, and melodic bliss is something to behold. Totally like a prog-metal version of Jellyfish, like someone mentioned in this thread. From what I've heard their recorded output has been consistently good. Unfortunately, their CDs are like impossible to find.

I'm thankful that their whole catalog is on Spotify, but I'm old school and would love to buy CDs. Is anyone selling? BTW, if anyone wasn't aware, they released a new EP earlier this year called Rebirth. Here's the video of a song from it, "The Ruler of the World". They haven't lost a thing! Great band.

fantastic band. i fully agree- so underrated. for me, every album is brilliant in his

Quote Originally Posted by devoidzer0 View Post
    I'm surprised this band isn't talked about more here. Their blend of technicality, songcraft, and melodic bliss is something to behold. Totally like a prog-metal version of Jellyfish, like someone mentioned in this thread. From what I've heard their recorded output has been consistently good. Unfortunately, their CDs are like impossible to find.

I'm thankful that their whole catalog is on Spotify, but I'm old school and would love to buy CDs. Is anyone selling? BTW, if anyone wasn't aware, they released a new EP earlier this year called Rebirth. Here's the video of a song from it, "The Ruler of the World". They haven't lost a thing! Great band.

fantastic band. i fully agree- so underrated. for me, every album is brilliant in his own way. the queen/saga/dream theater/elo mix of influences is done brilliantly. what a band!

Yeah, I love these guys. Didn't discover them until 2009, but I wore those four discs out over a period of a few months. Still revisit them every now and then, and get a charge out of their music.

One of the only bands I've ever heard that really reminded me of Saga too, which is impressive (to me). I think the Queen/Saga/Dream Theater/ELO description is definitely apt.

You might be able to find some of their CDs on Discogs, if you haven't checked there already.

Last Epic was their top, downhill from there.... love that song from Friends "Hippest Flop" or something. Resonates well

Jon Neudorf
    An excellent band. Been listening to "Silence" quite a bit lately.

Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post
    You might be able to find some of their CDs on Discogs, if you haven't checked there already.
    I have, but they're a bit pricey for me ($25+), if you don't buy from a Russian seller (which I would rather not due to the possibility of fakes). I would like the Inside Out reissues if possible. The band is selling the 1st CD on their site for like $5 US plus shipping from Sweden, but it's the original version. I will probably end up buying some CDs from their site just to support them.

Here is the band's official shop:

http://www.shop.actworld.se/en/

InsideOut is currently not selling any of their CDs, nor is LaserCD.
    Last edited by devoidzer0; 08-14-2019 at 06:57 PM.