Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: An Ozric Tentacles thread

Quote Originally Posted by davis View Post
    That's great news I hope they play Kentuckiana or reasonably close.
    Maybe they'll make it to Nashville.I saw them twice there!

Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post

First a 6 minute interview, then the Ozrics in action in their studio....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfqU5...layer_embedded
    The song they played sounded pretty much like their 80s material, which is good to my ears. Don't like it when they go too much in the electronic/techno direction.
    Check out my concert videos on my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/broadaccent

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    Maybe they'll make it to Nashville.I saw them twice there!
    That's close enough to attend. they're one of a number of bands I keep track of (touring).

"Coily"... Another great energy clip for appreciation (thanks SAS247 & Jez12).
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJKpXi25wOs

Ed Wynne on Guitars, Brandi Wynne on Synths, Vinnie Shillito on Bass & Ollie Seagle on Drums.
    ... from 2008, before the Ozrics became even more of a "family" affair, when Brandi hit home on the bass and Eds' son Silas Wynne took over the synths to complete their present line-up.
    Last edited by Mick; 01-09-2013 at 11:14 PM.

Update on Ed today from Brandi...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hiya,

Well, the holidays seem to have treated him well... The doctors are very happy with his progress and he actually got his IV out a couple days ago now. He's got some physical therapy to be getting on with, my mom brought him a total gym machine so we'll be a seeing a new incarnation of Ed as he's getting himself "pumped up" =). ...I never thought I would see Ed working out! ...maybe I'll have a buff husband soon. Granted, I'm not going to hold my breath, but for now I can hope he starts to enjoy it!

Good to hear that the band are recovering from their setbacks. Having owned and enjoyed Jurassic Shift for some years, I never got round to ordering more Ozrics, in part because I kept reading that they were pretty much a one-trick pony and lazily didn't check for myself. This thread has prompted me to order Erpland and Hidden Step, looking forward to hearing them!

I keep looking forward to new material. I have been listening to some bands which I heard were like the Ozrics, but, while the substitutes are okay, they are not as good. Ozrics are like Heinz tomato ketchup, the original is still the best. I have heard most of their albums and I can assure anyone who has heard only one or two that the idea they are a one-trick pony is a myth. It is probably heresy here, but to me the Ozric Tentacles took over from where Steve Hillage left off and I mean it as high praise.
    Member since Wednesday 09.09.09

Definetely not a one-trick pony.
    I tend to prefer their more electronic stuff.
    Waterfall cities!

I first heared Ozrics at my old friend(RIP) Doug Walker's house.He was a big fan of the band and had the band over to his house in St.Albans(Queens) during their first(?) US tour.Good stuff.
    "please do not understand me too quickly"-andre gide

I have to admit that I had noticed the Ozrics OFTEN over the past thirty or so years, having seen their name appear on festival rosters or on flyers while I toured with Nektar on similar circuits around Europe during the seventies... however I'd never actually SEEN them or heard them play LIVE until we did a festival together in Pennsylvania last summer, on that very same night the band lost their Colorado homestead. I thoroughly enjoyed their music... and I admired their determination.
    It was a revelation for me, as their humble family demeanor mixed with their creative instrumental tapestries created a dynamic which demanded visual interpretation, in fact that one gig reminded me of my early lightshow years, before I had the means to adapt my projections to blend perfectly with the music being played... too bad it was the only time I ever had a chance to do visuals for them.
    In the mean time, I've heard much more of their music and of their situations, which in turn prompted this thread. So here's hoping for their strong return in the Spring of 2013. Get well soon Ed.

I prefer their earlier years (mid 80s to late 90s) when they were more a festival band than a family affair... I think that their best albums were all recorded during that period. Except the excellent "Spirals in Hyperspace", but I consider it as Ed's solo album rather than a group project.
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

Quote Originally Posted by TonyW View Post
    This thread has prompted me to order Erpland and Hidden Step, looking forward to hearing them!
    Good choices! That's exactly the running order that got me into the Ozrics. A mate taped me the opening track from 'Jurassic', which had me hooked, so I bought the album. Erpland was next, followed by Hidden Step.

Your ears are in for a treat.

I'm a huge fan, which may be evident. I've seen them live a few times, most recently on Halloween 2011 when they played at a biker bar a few miles down the road from my house. Great show! I have almost every album and enjoy every era. I think their newer albums including Paper Monkeys are fantastic.

Having recovered from the devastating fire and then Eds' near death experience... the Ozrics will be going back on the road this Summer, so stay tuned, as new stuff is already in the works.

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Great news!
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Last night I converted the audio of The Pongmaster's Ball DVD to mp3 to put on my mp3 player. Today my player died. Coincidence?

My fave of all time is Become The Other(1995),yet it seems to get completely ignored in here for the likes of Erpland and Jurassic Shift. BTO is for me,much more upbeat and sizzling music and there's not a trace of Reggae on it. Which is a + imho. It's the only one that doesn't afaik,but I haven't gotten Paper Monkeys yet. Speaking of Vitamin Enhanced,how many of you have this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=_WCSpyxgSh4

Speaking of Vitamin Enhanced,how many of you have this?

I have this. Some of my Favorite Ozric's music is scattered
    among these 6 CD's.

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by srtd4 View Post
    Speaking of Vitamin Enhanced,how many of you have this?

I have this. Some of my Favorite Ozric's music is scattered
    among these 6 CD's.

Scott
    Ozric remastered these into 3 2-fer cds with new artwork and they sound as different as night and day to the original 6(which I sold),but as you can see I kept the box. If you own the 6 and are satisfied with the sound-cool. If not, I highly recommend getting the remasters.

Last edited by Rand Kelly; 04-10-2013 at 06:44 PM.

From the remastered Tantric Obstacles: Trees Of Eternity. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=7OnZZ-NQaNo

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    I quite like the opening six albums from them (ok well...the live album not so much, but the rest are excellent!). I like the more organic feel they have while still being futuristicish (or pseudofuturisticish).
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

What was your very first? Mine,Live Underslunky. I was immediately hooked after getting that.

What was your very first? Mine,Live Underslunky. I was immediately hooked after getting that just as it was being released in 1992.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...90295F5CF2B42B