Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Show us your music collection/music rooms.

Left one out

rekkids4.jpg
    She'll be standing on the bar soon
    With a fish head and a harpoon
    and a fake beard plastered on her brow.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rcarlberg View Post
    Nice collection.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Not married, I guess?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    Not married, I guess?
    Who needs marriage when you've got a collection like that? :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    Not married, I guess?
    25 years last Tuesday. She's a saint.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Congrats!

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    I'm going to show that picture to my wife every time she grumbles about a box arriving in the post.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

CD & Album collection 002.jpgCD & Album collection 003.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by strawberrybrick View Post
    Very cool! I wish I could spread my albums out and allow them to breath like you have with your collection.. 1rst shot closet full of CD's, second shot vinyl and VHS collection..
    Last edited by happytheman; 08-14-2013 at 05:28 PM.

Jefferson James
    I really need to tidy up a bit.

* Not really my house; I have about 20 vinyl and 4 boxes of CDs, a paltry pittance compared to you folks.

YIKES!!!

Very nice collection!

The original post says show us music collection/music rooms. I have three floors in my house and with the exception of my two boys rooms, there is something about music in each room. Gruno suggested I post my memorabilia in a separate thread, when I get motivated I'll do it but this thread said show us your room - so I've shown a few.

Some of my trinkets define prog geekery, like my collection of classic Genesis coffee mugs displayed nicely in my kitchen to Genesis light switch covers on my third floor. I have about 3,000 CDs, as I mentioned several rare - easily over 500 Japan Mini-Lps CDs, including 30 Japan Boxes (if you look back it's in the first photos I've listed), including the eight foot tall matching glass-door book cases. I own about 100 gold CDs (DCC, MFSL, Atlantic).

I have all kinds of autographed albums, guitars, record awards, lithographs. I've gotten these autographs myself, directly from the artist's website, trusted sellers, brick and mortar stores, charity auctions. I've carefully researched everything I've purchased and have had good communication with the sellers. I posted both of my guitars on the previous page.

The item I'm most proud about is Roger Dean's Tales - a "Seriograph" - it looks like a painting with vivid colours and is pretty huge - 3.5 by 3 feet. Here is a photo:

Ottawa-20130811-00057.jpg

I recently bought a beautiful photograph on Armando Gallo's Kickstarter campaign of the 1977 Genesis Paris show photo with the cool lighting and Steve up front. One hundred copies with Gallo and Hackett's autographs. I could post this someday.

I also bought a beautiful lithograph of Greg's Allmans' Low Country Blues - both these last two items have really nice frames (I paid more for the frame than the actual item). Framing, including the shadow boxes with my guitar (with the appearance of floating CDs), is the key for excellent presentation. The Allman frame is about 3 by 1.5 feet in dimension.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Nobody else jumping in? There are some amazing collections already listed and worth peaking at. I admit being a reformed prog geek as I barely collect CDs and memorabilia like I did in the past.

I'm interested to see more of these if anyone has anything to contribute. I'm in the process of designing and building a dedicated music room and looking for ideas. Particularly CD and vinyl storage ideas (shelving ideas mainly).

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    Nobody else jumping in? There are some amazing collections already listed and worth peaking at. I admit being a reformed prog geek as I barely collect CDs and memorabilia like I did in the past.
    I packed away about 75% of my music CDs. I have about 10 artists/bands whose entire collections I have 'out'. My music room will make most here cringe from disgust

This represents about 90% of my CD collection. All my LPs are boxed and stored.

photo(3).jpgphoto(1).jpgphoto(2).jpg

What an amazing collection MM. Mind blowing! Keep them coming.
    Last edited by mozo-pg; 08-17-2013 at 07:03 AM.

I've got four of these BOLTZ racks, 1 for DVDs and the rest for CDs. Here's the DVD and one of the CD racks, above a dog bed. There's also a 4 shelf BOLTZ LP rack in my wife's office but the treadmill is too close to it to get a decent photo.

P1000958.jpg
    Last edited by Jerjo; 08-16-2013 at 07:19 PM.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

I only have one 8-track left and it's Barry Manilow's double-live album. If you own this you need NOTHING else!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Birdy View Post
    I only have one 8-track left and it's Barry Manilow's double-live album. If you own this you need NOTHING else!!!
    Except maybe restraints.

Honestly, this stuff is blowing me away. I'm glad to know I'm not the only obsessive collector of CDs out there! They look great.

I don't think y'all want to see my two small cardboard boxes of CD's.
    You say Mega Ultra Deluxe Special Limited Edition Extended Autographed 5-LP, 3-CD, 4-DVD, 2-BlueRay, 4-Cassette, five 8-Track, MP4 Download plus Demos, Outtakes, Booklet, T-Shirt and Guitar Pick Gold-Leafed Box Set Version like it's a bad thing...

Pendulumswingingdoomsday Rune Blackwings's Avatar
    I feel very inadequate with my around 1000 item collection...
    "Alienated-so alien I go!"