Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: New Dream Theater single "The Enemy Inside" streaming premiere

It's been moved to: http://www.progrockmag.com/news/drea...album-in-full/

EDIT: Annnnnd...

"The owner of this track has not made this sound available for streaming in your location." It'll be a licensing issue which is all down to the band's record label. Nothing to do with us I'n afraid.
    Then DON'T OFFER. You gotta love the record label pulling away the football like this.

Halfway through the full album stream and already I think its the best thing they've done, to these ears, since six degrees, maybe ever. Yeah i know, have at it! It's familiar, but its not the same old same old. And Mangini fucking kills, the dynamics he's brought has made a HUGE difference.

After only one full listen, I can already say it's miles ahead of Dramatic Turn IMO, and I especially love "Illumination Theory". "Enigma Machine" is another highlight. I'm looking forward to the proper disc arriving so I can blast it on the stereo and hear more of those cool sounds revealed.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

"The owner of this track has not made this sound available for streaming in your location." It'll be a licensing issue which is all down to the band's record label. Nothing to do with us I'n afraid.
    I'm not getting this message, but I'm also not getting any sound. Perhaps this is the reason.

EDIT: Just noticed Progatron's post. He's able to hear it and he's in Southern Ontario too, so perhaps that's not the reason.

I'll try on a different computer tonight.

This is the link for the US (don't know if this works for Canada or not):

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...miere-20130916

Quote Originally Posted by Gerhard View Post
    This is the link for the US (don't know if this works for Canada or not):

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...miere-20130916
    Thanks. When I click on a song I get a message saying "this track is currenly not available".

Thanks for posting that link though. I appreciate it.

Okay, once you get past 'The Enemy Inside," Myung's all over this thing. It's sounding pretty good so far, too. I already rate it well above the last three outings and I haven't even finished "The Enigma Machine" yet.

UPDATE: Holy cow, that finale to "The Bigger Picture"... yeah. This album already mops up the floor with the last three.
    Last edited by ThomasKDye; 09-16-2013 at 02:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gpeccary View Post
    Halfway through the full album stream and already I think its the best thing they've done, to these ears, since six degrees, maybe ever.
    "The Enigma Machine" and "Illumination Theory" warrant that level of hyperbole, I think. My main thought while listening to "Illumination Theory" is "Wow, they sound like they actually care now." And it is SO good to really hear Myung tear at it. His bass sound is a thing of beauty.

While it's nice to see they've reigned it in a bit so to speak in focusing on the song rather than their circle-jerks...i still don't find any of this particularly memorable, different, or well-written...overall i give this one huge yawn.
    Last edited by Haruspex Carnage; 09-16-2013 at 04:42 PM.

Banned
    Just listened to the album stream on Rolling Stone. I think that I will like it more than the last one. Mike M is a monster on the skins.

I'm hearing a bit more of a Rush vibe than usual, which I consider a welcome development.