Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Magenta - The Twenty Seven Club preview and pre-order information

Magenta - The Twenty Seven Club preview and pre-order information

Well, the wait is over!

‘The Twenty Seven Club’ is here.

http://www.magenta-web.com/

Head on over to the Magenta website where you can pre-order this 2 disc set and also purchase the AREA 27 package.
    AREA 27 is a members only website, where you will receive, prior to the release, the following :

- Four complete preview tracks from the album (the first one is now available)
    - Many 'making of' and band interview videos
    - Promo video for 'The Lizard King'
    - Many extras including rehearsal footage and alternative mixes etc.

And the following to be despatched on September 2nd :

- The Twenty Seven Club 2 Disc Set CD/DVD with
    - complete DTS and Dolby 5.1 surround mixes
    - 107 minute 'making of' documentary
    - "The Lizard King" promo video
    - Six exclusive '27 Club' postcard

http://www.magenta-web.com/

This sounds Great! Will be getting this...so glad it's being offered in 5.1 also, in the same package (ala Steve Wilson). I really believe this type of packaging is the future of hard copy music. Will this be available on Amazon U.S.? Or Laser's Edge? (maybe these are answered on the site...I'll head over there).

Can't wait for this new release!

Absolutely. I've been lucky enough to have heard it and I think it is definitely their best album so far. Excellent writing, brilliant playing and singing coupled with a clever take on the subject matter and top notch production. I commend it to the house!

éí 'aaníígÓÓ 'áhoot'é Don Arnold's Avatar
    Indeed, the clip sounds very good.

I had to google "the 27 club" as I've never come across the term before. Interesting to see prog connections to Triumvirat (Helmut Kollen), The Mars Volta (Jeremy Ward) and Uriah Heep (Gary Thain).

Wow! Great news! Laser's Edge will definitely have it so that's my copy!
    Sounds INCREDIBLE!!!
    "Life Is Like A Pencil: It gets shorter the longer you use it,
    you can only erase so many mistakes, and ofter it's pointless"

Hi to all from the old "dogtags" man, Chris!

Musical evolution is a wonderful thing.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

doesn't seem to be anywhere on the ordering site to adjust the shipping... as a Canadian I expected to be paying more for shipping... Guess I'll just have to wait for a "whoops" email from the site.

"Angels die, redemption rages
    The age of man on an empty page
    And chances are
    This will save your soul or break it forever "

Great to see and hear former IQ and Frost* drummer Andy Edwards back in a recording studio doing the drums for "The Twenty Seven Club".

Here's a snippet of Andy at the legendary Rockfield Studios in full flight...

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    We love Magenta and look forward to each release.

Wow!,The Gift clip sounds very orchestral version San Jacinto!...which is nice.

'Area 27' has now been updated with 5 new videos.

The live version of "The Lizard King" brought back memories. The band were playing in a hut in a rural village on the English/Welsh border. It seemed that the whole village had turned out to see them (plus a few recognisable faces), and listened respectfully through the set. I bet it was hard work for the band because most of the audience would have had little idea of what was happening, and Magenta is not an easy band to "get" on a casual listen.

Quote Originally Posted by robh View Post
    The live version of "The Lizard King" brought back memories. The band were playing in a hut in a rural village on the English/Welsh border. It seemed that the whole village had turned out to see them (plus a few recognisable faces), and listened respectfully through the set. I bet it was hard work for the band because most of the audience would have had little idea of what was happening, and Magenta is not an easy band to "get" on a casual listen.
    Chris Fry is one of the best guitar players I've ever seen live.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Stevens View Post
    Chris Fry is one of the best guitar players I've ever seen live.
    Certainly among the most under-appreciated!
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Track number 2 tomorrow.
    Ladyland Blues.
    Plus lots more videos.

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Arnold View Post
    Indeed, the clip sounds very good.

I had to google "the 27 club" as I've never come across the term before. Interesting to see prog connections to Triumvirat (Helmut Kollen), The Mars Volta (Jeremy Ward) and Uriah Heep (Gary Thain).

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/rocke...e-27/?loudwire

Sadly there does seem to be a good amount of potential material here.

Extremely psyched to be able to tell you that "The Twenty Seven Club" is being released concurrently on double heavyweight vinyl by Plane Groovy - the artwork has to be seen to be believed at LP size and the audio will simply blow you away. I've been listening to the hi-res audio for a couple of weeks now, since the files went to the manufacturers and I think this is an album with immense depth. You're getting a double heavyweight vinyl album in a gatefold cover with pic/lyric inner sleeves - a beautiful package!

Release date is 2 September and you can pre-order the vinyl now from www.planegroovy.com. Click on the cover image from our home page to be taken straight to an ordering button ...

Track 3 today called 'Pearl' and some cool videos including a promo video for 'The Lizard King'.

Even by Magenta standards, Pearl is a wonderful song. Tina's vocals on this one are so expressive, as are the two guitar solos.

Even by Magenta standards, Pearl is a wonderful song. Tina's vocals on this one are so expressive, as are the two guitar solos.
    Chris Fry - incredible guitar player.

I'm doing the support slots at the Robin and Borderline shows and me and Chris are going to play a few tracks together. Can't wait

This makes me very happy. Two of the best guitarists in the country imo.

Get ready to get 'Stoned' tomorrow. Only on 'Area 27'.

This makes me very happy. Two of the best guitarists in the country imo.
    Thanks very much man.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Stevens View Post
    Chris Fry - incredible guitar player.

I'm doing the support slots at the Robin and Borderline shows and me and Chris are going to play a few tracks together. Can't wait
    And you played a blinder Matt. Thanks a lot. Fantastic start to a truly brilliant evening.