Page 2 of 141 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2013 NFL Discussion Thread

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    So he said a bad word in a pretty awful context, but really do all these grown men need to go into counciling to cope? These should just pound him in practice and move on. It's at times like this I hate ESPN, they endlessly report this stuff breathlessly as if it World News. Have any of us not used or heard foul language in our daily lives?
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

The only reason this is news is because it was recorded and uploaded on the internet. That's all. The twitter/facebook/youtube world we live in is the cause of all this bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    So he said a bad word in a pretty awful context, but really do all these grown men need to go into counciling to cope?
    This has nothing to do with "rehabilitation" and everything to do with PR.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

I still struggle to see why it's news, seems like lazy journalism to me. Take a slam dunk story, look for loads of hysteria and run with it for as long as it breaths.
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

I still struggle to see why it's news, seems like lazy journalism to me. Take a slam dunk story, look for loads of hysteria and run with it for as long as it breaths.
    Exactly - you answered your question.

Any controversial story - racism, sexual orientation, etc. - is just going to be exhausted by the media. Look at Paula Deen. And if you listen to sports talk radio around here, there are way too many people that are passionate about a guy yelling one word - on both sides of the argument.

What's amazing these days is that any athlete or "celebrity" hasn't learned this yet.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Facelift View Post
    10. Epidaurus - Endangered Ger 1994 5.17
    9. Mannheim Steamroller - A Fresh Aire Christmas USA 1988 5.07
    8. Citadel - Citadel of Cynosure USA 1990 5.02
    7. Emerson, Lake and Palmer - Love Beach Eng 1978 4.94
    6. Mark 1 - Absolute Zero USA 2001 4.9
    5. Emerson, Lake and Palmer - In the Hot Seat Eng 1994 4.88
    4. Styx - Kilroy Was Here USA 1983 4.76
    3. Ironia - A Granite Scale USA 2001 4.75
    2. Deyss At King Swz 1985 4.51
    1. Draft & Bill - Reported Missing 4.37
    Wrong thread, Facelift?

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Wrong thread, Facelift?
    Yep!

Banned
    RIP Art Donovan

Sort of makes you second guess Riley Cooper. http://www.wnd.com/2013/08/white-chi...blacks-on-bus/
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

The Cheese just signed Vince Young!
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Have fun with that, Geezer!

Are you even allowed to rush anymore on a kick attempt? Pretty soon its gonna be like the Pro Bowl where the only players who actually participate on
    the kick are the snapper,holder, and place kicker.

Hard Knocks premiered last night on HBO. The show returns to Cincinnati this year. Who else is watching?
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Lou View Post
    Are you even allowed to rush anymore on a kick attempt? Pretty soon its gonna be like the Pro Bowl where the only players who actually participate on
    the kick are the snapper,holder, and place kicker.
    No, pretty soon (likely next season), you won't have kicks at all.

The worst part of that? All of the soccer fans will then have a valid argument that our game isn't really football at all!

Raiders poised to shit the bed again, for the 11th season in a row... But... I'll still order up Sunday Ticket to get a front row seat to the weekly debacle.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Quote Originally Posted by polmico View Post
    Wow. Really digging the new Dolphins' uniforms. Very subtle changes but very effective.
    i think their jerseys are still Aqua/Teal but i swear they looked powder blue on TV the other night. in fact the now blue-only stripe on the helmet is actually darker than the jersey so not sure which is what color.
    "She said you are the air I breathe
    The life I love, the dream I weave."

Unevensong - Camel

Quote Originally Posted by NeonKnight View Post

They kept the Nike logo orange....looks kind of like the Chargers' powder blues to me.

Hmm,no Riley Cooper bounty talk in here yet?
    beat me to it.. but looking at this picture, the stripe on the helmet looks the same color as the jersey. still think the jersey color changed though.
    "She said you are the air I breathe
    The life I love, the dream I weave."

Unevensong - Camel

Look at us pathetic amateurs analyzing these new Dolphins' uniforms. Pfffft.

Thank goodness there's experts on this sort of thing:
    http://www.miamidolphins.com/multime...3-754d1054a389

So it would appear that the teal has changed.

Hard Knocks premiered last night on HBO. The show returns to Cincinnati this year. Who else is watching?
    DVRed it
    Ian

Look at us pathetic amateurs analyzing these new Dolphins' uniforms. Pfffft.

Thank goodness there's experts on this sort of thing:
    http://www.miamidolphins.com/multime...3-754d1054a389

So it would appear that the teal has changed.
    More analysis, although only the white jersey is covered, by the expert in all things uniform-related, Paul Lukas.

Plus bonus coverage on the Vikings' new unis!

Wow. I guess I really am the only one who likes the new Miami unis.

His comment on the sleeve stripes is spot on (re: Vikes unis). The only players for whom you see the whole stripe are kickers, punters and (some) QBs.

DVRed it
    Good as always. Bengals appear to have a good team. Don't expect to hear too many soundbites from James Harrison. His segment, though, was pretty funny.

PE Member Since 4/9/2002 NeonKnight's Avatar
    Couple thoughts on Giant camp. I was there this week:

Star of camp is Ruben Randle. He is a going to be a big shiny new weapon for Eli, now that he has a full year with the playbook.

The first team offense looked sharp. Cruz made a lot of plays while I was there. Nicks played, but took it easy since it was his first day back off injury.

It was a little tougher to tell on defense, since they are not going all out yet.

Except they forgot to tell Ryan Mundy not to go all out, because he really nailed rookie back Michael Cox. I could hear the big impact in the stands, and Cox just laid there for a bit and then got up. Tom was not happy about that.

I think Mundy will bring some Steeler attitude to the D. Also saw rookie DE Moore looking real good with a quick first step. Really like the new DT Hankins also. They have a ton of new beef at tackle now, adding Cullen Jenkins and resigning Shaun Rogers, which should help with their big problem last year-run D.

Final play was a Nassib interception. One of the backup DB's took it to the house, way past everyone else. David Wilson, who was just on the sidelines for the play, took off after the DB, with his helmet still in his hand, and matched him stride for stride into the end zone. It was a moment of pure joy on Wilson's part, he just loved the chance to show off his speed and he looked like a little kid, in love with the game of football.

I think Wilson is about to become a star.
    “Where words fail, music speaks.” - Hans Christian Anderson