Thread: Vinyl Recommendations in Seattle/Portland?

Vinyl Recommendations in Seattle/Portland?

Hey,

I'll be in Seattle and Portland next week and would love to check out any record stores that have a decent vinyl selection. Any suggestions?

Silver Platters in Seattle is my favorite. They always have a nice selection of both LPs and used CDs. Two locations in Seattle -- one on the north side and one on the south -- plus another in Bellevue, just across Lake Washington.

Easy Street Records in West Seattle is another good one. The CDs are downstairs, and the LPs are upstairs. Plus there's a cafe, and, quite often, live music. Nice place.

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian View Post
    Silver Platters in Seattle is my favorite. They always have a nice selection of both LPs and used CDs. Two locations in Seattle -- one on the north side and one on the south -- plus another in Bellevue, just across Lake Washington.

Easy Street Records in West Seattle is another good one. The CDs are downstairs, and the LPs are upstairs. Plus there's a cafe, and, quite often, live music. Nice place.
    Music Millennium and Crossroads in Portland. You can easily spend a day at Crossroads since it's a co-op and there are a lot of different spaces there.

I'll echo these two Mike. But you won't likely find many obscure titles on vinyl. You may see some prog/prog related stuff that is fairly "common". If you're looking to find original copies of Grobschnitt or Le Orme you might luck out.

Thanks for the suggestions, all! I like digging and exploring new places, so as long as the selection is well rounded, I'll be happy. Besides, I need to save some of that money for beer, so the obscurities can wait

Silver Platters in Seattle is my favorite. Easy Street Records in West Seattle is another good one. The CDs are downstairs, and the LPs are upstairs. Plus there's a cafe, and, quite often, live music. Nice place.
    Silver Platters doesn't have much selection of vinyl, last time I checked. Just a few overpriced new releases. Easy Street does though. There's also a store in the University District in Seattle called "Neptune Music" (right around the corner from the Neptune Theatre) as well as "Golden Oldies" across the freeway from the U. District on 45th. Both are worth visiting. Music Millennium in Portland is also good but these days they are mostly CDs & DVDs. All the famously great Seattle LP stores -- Cellophane Square, Second Time Around, Honest Al's, Nanoo's -- are gone.

Haven't been there in a while but right by the waterfront in Everett, ten minutes north of Seattle, was Bargain CDs Records and Tapes which was (and probably still is?) worth the trip. One of the best remaining selections.