Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Judie Tzuke

This is a sharp blow to my self-assessment of my music cred over all these years!

Until this thread, I had never heard of Judie Tzuke.

And I've been so good trying not to buy a lot of new music. F**k!
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Never knew she did anything else besides 1 song on Elton John's 21 at 33 album from 1980. Swing and a miss there.
    Last edited by Tangram; 11-22-2018 at 05:27 AM.

Huge fan of this wonderful lady.

Probably her most proggy song would be Liggers At Your Funeral, from the Shoot The Moon album.

Check it out, it's stunning.R-3337696-1334944521.jpeg.jpg

Brilliant singer, saw her live in Sheffield around 1980.. Have 2 of her early classic albums..

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post

This is a sharp blow to my self-assessment of my music cred over all these years!

Until this thread, I had never heard of Judie Tzuke.

And I've been so good trying not to buy a lot of new music. F**k!
    Well worth checking out the first three albums, Geezer, Welcome To The Cruise, Sports Car and I Am The Phoenix. After that the material gets a little patchy, and her later and current stuff is good but not as easily accessible.

You can surely assuage your guilt when purchasing, as its not really new music...
    I only clicked on it because I thought it was going to be something more interesting...

She has just been announced to part of the "Woman to Woman" tour in the UK in November, also on the bill are Beverley Craven and Julia Fordham. Many dates will have a 20 piece orchestra.

https://www.wtwlive.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Mail View Post
    Well worth checking out the first three albums, Geezer, Welcome To The Cruise, Sports Car and I Am The Phoenix. After that the material gets a little patchy, and her later and current stuff is good but not as easily accessible.
    I’d say that Shoot the Moon is easily on a par with her first three Rocket releases, and Turning Stones is well worth the effort, too (beware the nasty 1989 production on that one, though).

Quote Originally Posted by Progtastic View Post
    She has just been announced to part of the "Woman to Woman" tour in the UK in November, also on the bill are Beverley Craven and Julia Fordham. Many dates will have a 20 piece orchestra.

https://www.wtwlive.com
    Oh, please tell me that they’ll be doing “Welcome to the Cruise” with the orchestra! Actually, don’t tell me that, as unless I suddenly win the lottery, there is no way in Hell I am seeing this!
    Confirmed Bachelors: the dramedy hit of 1883...

Big fan since the start. Seen her live at least once (Left Hand Talking tour was one). The first few albums are great - especially Ritmo and Shoot The Moon. Left Hand Taking is a good later one. Not familiar with later recording though I'm ashamed to say though do have the 2cd best of from a few years back.

Quote Originally Posted by Progbear View Post
    Oh, please tell me that they’ll be doing “Welcome to the Cruise” with the orchestra!
    Just back from the Woman To Woman show at Basingstoke and that is exactly what Judie opened her part of the show with. It was was breathtakingly good. Bring The Rain and For You with the strings were also superb.

I didn't know too much of Beverly or Julia's work but the evening was excellent from start to finish.

There is now a "Judie Tzkuke - The Complete Collection - 24 x CD box set" available here - http://www.tzuke.com/shop/musicshop.htm

Also, do check out Bailey Tzuke (one of Judie's daughters) - beautiful voice ...

Quote Originally Posted by zzorchering View Post
    There is now a "Judie Tzkuke - The Complete Collection - 24 x CD box set" available here - http://www.tzuke.com/shop/musicshop.htm

Also, do check out Bailey Tzuke (one of Judie's daughters) - beautiful voice ...

That looks cool, but no word on extra/unreleased or live tracks. Wonder if they are remastered?
    I only clicked on it because I thought it was going to be something more interesting...