Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Issues with audio on Wings 'Rockshow' DVD & Blu-ray?

Issues with audio on Wings 'Rockshow' DVD & Blu-ray?

Been wanting to order the new Blu-ray release of the Paul McCartney & Wings 'Rockshow" film, but I've been reading all over Amazon that Eagle Rock's initial pressing of these discs might have some severe audio problems? Anyone hear anything about this?

Banned
    I thought that there was a thread about this already, but a search come up empty.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Not what I was talking about. I seem to recall a thread started because someone on here, and many people on Amazon found out about the defects.

Yeah, I started that thread. Apparently, the search function isn't any better than the last version of PE.

http://www.progressiveears.org/forum...s-and-Blu-Rays

Is this a legit release? Had no idea it was out, and I've wanted this for ages.

Quote Originally Posted by Yanks2009 View Post
    OK, I answered my own question as I see it on Amazon. But why so expensive? I will get this for sure, but I don't want to spend 34 bucks if I can help it. The DVD is a little cheaper than the Blu Ray, for an old concert like this would the format make much of a difference?

Banned
    Yes. It's from Eagle Rock.

Banned
    But why so expensive?
    You think it's cheap to live in the Hamptons? It's hard out here for a pimp,
    when he tryin' to get this money for the rent.

Hell, I saw the real thing for $10, and that was a lot back then.

You ain't knowin'

Banned
    I got the DVD yesterday from FYE, but I'm afraid to open it up and watch it.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JIF View Post
    I got the DVD yesterday from FYE, but I'm afraid to open it up and watch it.
    Why?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Banquo View Post
    Why?
    I wouldn't want to go through the hassel of opening, watching it, then trying to contact someone if it's defective.

Banned
    I wouldn't want to go through the hassel of opening, watching it, then trying to contact someone if it's defective.
    Huh? Dude, just watch the thing. Then you'll know. If it ain't right, take it back. How hard is that?

Banned
    Huh? Dude, just watch the thing. Then you'll know. If it ain't right, take it back. How hard is that?
    Let's see:I'm handicapped, so I don't drive. The place I bought it at is kinda far.

Banned
    Let's see:I'm handicapped, so I don't drive. The place I bought it at is kinda far.
    By your own admission you were just there yesterday, and you have a whole separate thread about it. You start more threads about WalMart hauls than anything else, so return it there. Most places give you thirty days with a receipt, or store credit without.

You gotta stop with the "handicapped" thing, dude.

Banned
    By your own admission you were just there yesterday, and you have a whole separate thread about it. You start more threads about WalMart hauls than anything else, so return it there. Most places give you thirty days with a receipt, or store credit without.

You gotta stop with the "handicapped" thing, dude.
    I'm driven to these places by parents and friends. I don't go to these places by myself. Also, you need to pay attention. I don't usually buy CDs from Wal-Mart. Target mostly, and that's because I can walk there from my house. Gee, I wish I could stop the "handicapped" thing, but they haven't found a cure.

Banned
    Target mostly, and that's because I can walk there from my house.
    Then take it back to Target if you need to, or wait until you can get a ride to FYE. What difference does it make? Any place that sells the product will take the return, one way or another. It has nothing to do with your "handicap". We all have to live with the hand that we're dealt.

Banned
    Then take it back to Target if you need to, or wait until you can get a ride to FYE. What difference does it make? Any place that sells the product will take the return, one way or another. It has nothing to do with your "handicap". We all have to live with the hand that we're dealt.
    Taking it back to Target makes no sense, especially if they don't sell it there.

Banned
    Taking it back to Target makes no sense, especially if they don't sell it there.
    Really? You're killin' me, dude.

Well I played the Blu-ray in it's entirety yesterday (2 channel as i don't have 5.1) and I could not hear any drop-outs. Audio wise it sounds much better than the recently released CD 'Wings Over America' IMO. The picture quality is not all that hot though. Very grainy at times and the colour seems over saturated but that may just be the age of the thing. It is still worth buying IMO.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Class & Quality? View Post
    Well I played the Blu-ray in it's entirety yesterday (2 channel as i don't have 5.1) and I could not hear any drop-outs. Audio wise it sounds much better than the recently released CD 'Wings Over America' IMO. The picture quality is not all that hot though. Very grainy at times and the colour seems over saturated but that may just be the age of the thing. It is still worth buying IMO.
    When did you buy it?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Class & Quality? View Post
    Well I played the Blu-ray in it's entirety yesterday (2 channel as i don't have 5.1) and I could not hear any drop-out.
    Some of the critism I've heard is that the problem exists during the 5.1 playback.

Banned
    Some of the critism I've heard is that the problem exists during the 5.1 playback.
    Do you have the dvd/blu-ray?

Banned
    Do you have the dvd/blu-ray?
    No. I'm holding off until I'm convinced that any of the issues are resolved. I expressed my concerns on the earlier thread regarding this thing. I'm not going to purposely cause myself the inconvenience of returning it, nor would I buy it and be afraid to open it. I can wait. Like I said before, I saw the real thing.

When did you buy it?
    About a week ago. If there are problems with the sound on this disc then I can't hear it.